Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody saying Mega Yarn Yoshi isn't worth $40 needs to remember you are paying the Nintendo tax here.
Remember that a brand tax doesn't increase the value, haha. Same reason I keep waffling on the Halo 5 console--it's overpriced by $60 just for being Halo, and I don't like that.

Remember that a brand tax doesn't increase the value, haha. Same reason I keep waffling on the Halo 5 console--it's overpriced by $60 just for being Halo, and I don't like that.
You are preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned, but remember, Nintendo has some of the worst fanboys in creation. They'll justify the Nintendo tax even as they take their dying breath while Nintendo curb stomps their faces into mush.

It's that level of fanaticism that lets NIntendo get away with this and other crap, so there's really no incentive for them to change.

Last edited:
Absolutely tired of this thread constantly being a source of reported posts. Someone make a new amiibo thread tomorrow as this one is getting locked and we are starting fresh. You all need to stay on topic and stop with all the insults and political bullshit. Talk about toys and leave all the other stuff for other forums.
I get not wanting insults going around in the thread all the time, but what does it matter if the thread has some off-topic discussion during lull times? It usually snaps right back to amiibo as soon as any sort of new info shows up, so it's not like it takes away from anything.

It's weird but CAG might actually run better without these mods. Just vote on threads to be sticked and have a system to report post (similar to current system). If a post is reported 5+ times, it's removed. 

EDIT: Just realized, this is off topic talk so delete every thread in Video Game Deals and let's start over.

An auto-removal system could be abused by bots & alt accounts, though.

EDIT: Just realized, this is off topic talk so delete every thread in Video Game Deals and let's start over.
>Mod complains about off-topic talk

>Thread begins off-topic talk about mod's complaint

Everybody saying Mega Yarn Yoshi isn't worth $40 needs to remember you are paying the Nintendo tax here. Sure, stuffed animals this size usually don't go much past the $20 mark, but overpriced merch isn't anything new for Nintendo, and that's doubly true when you look at their licensed stuff.

Normally I wouldn't be interested in this thing for $40, but it's a great design (aside from the saddle which looks like a giant tumor growing out each one's back). I am not gonna go out of my way to get this, but if I see it it will be a cool little collectable.

It doesn't react differently at all. It's the same as the regular green yarn yoshi.
I got my son a set of five Nintendo branded plushies (Mario, Luigi, Koopa Troopa, Toad and Yoshi) that are all five about the size I suspect that to be for around $25 on sale a couple years back. This is more than the Nintendo tax.

Don't compare an amigurumi Yoshi to a regular plush though.

I don't think it's that overpriced, but it doesn't have the same appeal as the little cute Yoshis, and I'm passing for that reason alone. If it had come with eggs to hold the little Yoshis though? It'd fly off the shelf.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12976114" timestamp="1445259013"]Are you really sure it's worth $40?[/quote]

Damn mobile site.

He didn't say they didn't have internet! Probably actually enjoyed his vacation rather than following an Amiibo thread in the Caribbean?
Idk man, even on vacation I sit down and eventually check the internet -- even if it's not necessarily CAG.

There's always downtime. Right before bed, whatever -- you know?

Idk man, even on vacation I sit down and eventually check the internet -- even if it's not necessarily CAG.

There's always downtime. Right before bed, whatever -- you know?
If he's using his phone for the Internet there could be some insane roaming charges once he leaves the country.

If he's using his phone for the Internet there could be some insane roaming charges once he leaves the country.
That's why I was asking! Was wondering which part of the caribbean he'd gone to, because some islands end up having ridiculous roaming, but some actually have the service provider.

The arm length of the Mega version looks disproportionately short in comparison to the regular, but that may be because he's standing up.  

The arm length of the Mega version looks disproportionately short in comparison to the regular, but that may be because he's standing up.
I was gonna comment on the proportions on the Mega Yoshi looking more accurate but I didn't want the asshats to spew bullshit just because I've seen one in person for a minute. I've been put through the ringer and had my integrity questioned for less.

But yeah, I noticed the arms seemed shorter proportionally.... I thought it more closely resembled the original SMW Yoshi design vs the more humanized version of late. A major plus in my book.

The saddle wasn't quite as ridiculously large on the Mega Yoshi I saw either. I mean it still looks more like a tumor than a saddle, but it was less prominent.

I'd love an answer for why the saddle was made a permanent part of every yoshi's design anyways. I mean it made sense in SMW (where it actually looks like just a flat piece of clothe in the promo art) and even Yoshi's Island, but why did it carry over as a giant ass bubble in Yoshi's Story and beyond? Surely I'm not the only one who always thought it looked like crap on an otherwise inspired design?

Last edited:
Don't compare an amigurumi Yoshi to a regular plush though.

I don't think it's that overpriced, but it doesn't have the same appeal as the little cute Yoshis, and I'm passing for that reason alone. If it had come with eggs to hold the little Yoshis though? It'd fly off the shelf.
That is a fair point, however these are not hand-knitted. They make the knit "fabric" and sew it together in bulk as they would a normal plush. You can see the seams. It likely costs them little more than a standard plush to make, hence my comparison. I made a Sack Boy back when LittleBigPlanet came out (before they were available regularly) from a sock that way, he still treasures that Sack Boy though even though he is now 11. His little brother keeps trying to steal it from him.

Now, if it were hand-knitted like the ones that woman on the Nintendo Direct showed that she made during development, that Yoshi would be worth $40 easily, probably more. I have a neighbor that knits and it's quite a talent.

Are there any other NiB collectors out there like me that are struggling with the 3-pack cohesion with their complete sets?  I have gone to great expense in order to import a couple sets of the retro three and the trio of mii fighters in order to have them in their individual packaging.  I'm having trouble deciding out what I consider to be a true, new, complete collector's set.  I find the aesthetic of the complete NA set more displeasing by the day. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back