LEGO Deals 3

My TRU somehow cleared out all of last years promos within a few weeks. It seemed to fail hugely last year. Not sure why they repeated it.

I don't look forward to this taking up space, the trailer to the movie looked ridiculous as best.

LEGO-The-Angry-Birds-Big-Piggies-Poster-Teaser-2016-300x300.jpg

My TRU somehow cleared out all of last years promos within a few weeks. It seemed to fail hugely last year. Not sure why they repeated it.
I'm sure it clears enough product for TRU to justify it, plus, it's an annual thing people expect now. I know here TRU cleared out the Bricktown stuff within hours of opening the last two years. However if I go further outside the city I'll still find some of last year's sets.

TRU rolled out its Dimensions stuff.  I didn't realize it was so expensive.

$32 for level packs (Portal, BttF) and $17 for "fun" packs.  (I'm guessing that's the TRU tax, but even without it, that's still high)

They're running a promo now for $10 giftcard back on $35 or more (which is just north of two "fun" packs...how convenient).

So if you get a level pack and a "fun" pack,  that's $39 for 2 figures and a bunch of mini models.  Some are awesome (Portal Sentry!) and many are just meh.

As much as I like Portal and would fancy the set, that's way too much for me.  I'm just going to pass completely on Dimensions since it looks like a money suck with very little in the actual brick department.  Even at steep discounts, these are going to make the blind minifigures at $4 seem like a bargain.  Sorry, Lego.  I'm not playin'.

And oh yeah -- this TRU had tons of signs for the Bricktober set...and none of them anywhere.  This store always dutifully wallpapers the Lego department with signs for promos they never have.  Gotta love TRU!

Buy them all at Best Buy with GCU.  The 20% knocks them down to tolerable prices.  

Finally got in on Wall-e on Amazon.  He showed up yesterday.  Beautiful.  Looking forward to building him.

And oh yeah -- this TRU had tons of signs for the Bricktober set...and none of them anywhere. This store always dutifully wallpapers the Lego department with signs for promos they never have. Gotta love TRU!
If you mean they're not on the shelves, they're not supposed to be. Promo sets are always behind the counter.

I went to lunch with a coworker who told me he threw away this set:

http://brickset.com/sets/5580-1/Highway-Rig

because his kids had taken it all apart and it was in pieces on the floor. He got fed up, put it all in a bag, and threw it away... :cry:
As a father of two very messy kids (and a third on the way), I understand this feel; however I've never threatened to throw away anything that I also like to play with. ;)

Guessing your co-worker ain't a Lego maniac.

As a father of two very messy kids (and a third on the way), I understand this feel; however I've never threatened to throw away anything that I also like to play with. ;)

Guessing your co-worker ain't a Lego maniac.
Wrap that shit up d00d (though a tad "late" now). Last week's The League must've hit REAL close to home between the Ruxin Shabbos goy shennanegans and the Kevin condom quandary. You guys doing a baby shower? I can sneak in a Lego gift for your wife/new baby (i.e. you).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean they're not on the shelves, they're not supposed to be. Promo sets are always behind the counter.
Depends on the TRU. This one is all "If they're not there, then we don't have them anymore."

"I looked and I didn't see them. Where would they be?"

"Somewhere in the Lego section"

"Great, thanks. That's so helpful."

Two other TRUs near me always have the Bricktober stuff out on the shelves or promo bags out on pegs, if they have them.

This one? All they ever have are the signs.

I found a badass display shelf at my flea market today. I had to go full Halloween on it. [attachment=17432:20151003_144501_resized.jpg]

Yeah that shelf is sweet. I saw a tutorial online on how to build a lego shelf out of lego pieces that screws into the wall. It was relatively simple. Something like your shelf would be much cooler to display figs though.

OK so I contacted Lego about the Wall-e set and they sent me the parts needed to address the clutch issue of the neck. No instructions were provided to me about where the parts go. So I did a Google search of the problem including the part numbers they supplied. It appears that everyone was sent the same general email that doesn't admit that there is a problem. The emails all vary a little so they aren't auto generated. One of the emails I've seen even states that the head is meant to spin 360*, like the movie. Well that may be correct but no matter what, the head is just too heavy for the neck to support. It's not so much a neck issue as it is a head issue.

So like I said earlier, the email I received didn't say where to use the pieces I was sent but others did receive the specific page numbers to refer to for the pieces sent. Well I referred to both the downloadable instructions on the Lego site as well as my instruction book and guess what....these are the parts that came with my set, so I have the "corrected" version.

There has been no official acknowledgment on Lego's part that there is an issue or why the set was originally delayed. The emails Lego is sending to different people delicately dance around the issue without acknowledging any problem. I've just never seen anything like this from them. I see a lot of unofficial mods and fixes from third parties but for the money spent on the set and their usual great customer service this is quite a misstep.

OK so I contacted Lego about the Wall-e set and they sent me the parts needed to address the clutch issue of the neck. No instructions were provided to me about where the parts go. So I did a Google search of the problem including the part numbers they supplied. It appears that everyone was sent the same general email that doesn't admit that there is a problem. The emails all vary a little so they aren't auto generated. One of the emails I've seen even states that the head is meant to spin 360*, like the movie. Well that may be correct but no matter what, the head is just too heavy for the neck to support. It's not so much a neck issue as it is a head issue.

So like I said earlier, the email I received didn't say where to use the pieces I was sent but others did receive the specific page numbers to refer to for the pieces sent. Well I referred to both the downloadable instructions on the Lego site as well as my instruction book and guess what....these are the parts that came with my set, so I have the "corrected" version.

There has been no official acknowledgment on Lego's part that there is an issue or why the set was originally delayed. The emails Lego is sending to different people delicately dance around the issue without acknowledging any problem. I've just never seen anything like this from them. I see a lot of unofficial mods and fixes from third parties but for the money spent on the set and their usual great customer service this is quite a misstep.
I just recently (last week) purchased this set for my son for an x-mas gift (xmas of next year) from lego.com. I was told by a rep before I purchased it that there would be no issues and this is why the product was delayed from the site. Is this different than what you were told?

I grabed some extra string from another set and put it through the slot on the neck joint that goes into the head. It tightens it enough that the head doesn't spin backwards by itself anymore, but no too tight so that you can still move the head freely to position it how you want.

Not a fan of the Dr Who box. The teaser images are far cooler looking. Also it's hard to see the piece count in there.  It does not look like a 600 piece set.   On the fence about this one.

Not a fan of the Dr Who box. The teaser images are far cooler looking. Also it's hard to see the piece count in there. It does not look like a 600 piece set. On the fence about this one.
Looks better than Big Bang Theory which only had 484 pieces. Idea sets seem to have a 20-30% mark up on what they should be priced.

Not a fan of the Dr Who box. The teaser images are far cooler looking. Also it's hard to see the piece count in there. It does not look like a 600 piece set. On the fence about this one.
I'm just hoping this is the start of an entire Doctor Who theme. I hope they treat it like the Simpsons and come out with a CMF series. Also, a UCS TARDIS or Dalek down the road would be awesome!

The part I don't like is the center console being so large versus the Tardis.

Clara's minifig looks nice though.

Lego Dimensions will also have Cybermen, Daleks, and K-9. Unfortunately, you'd need more than one angel to create the scene from Blink.

It's not. It was last year's Halloween set, and it was $10. I saw a couple of them at ToysRUs also. The set this year is the trick-or-treat one.
FYI: Toys R Us is selling it for $3.99

Yeah the futurist knights have been shown off at NYC CC. I go and it's Bionicle, this year it's actual Lego. Grr.... :lol:

The price of them is at least good. I understand what LEGO is going for, but it just feels like it's missing something. It's probably horses. If they had horses with laser guns I think I'd be happy. :)

Holy crap, do I need a Lego Necronomicon! Curse you Lego and your strangely intriguing themes seemingly pulled from the depths of an insane man's arse! If their tech is so advanced, why is the damned castle still made out of stones? Why is the town still wood and thatched roofs?

Who cares?!

Lego Necronomicon and a Hop-Frog-esque villain? Power-armor wearing knights with techno-mage hologram guides and laser crossbows? Tank-tread borne keeps that cough out hover-horses and medieval drag racers? 

Take me money!

Holy crap, do I need a Lego Necronomicon! Curse you Lego and your strangely intriguing themes seemingly pulled from the depths of an insane man's arse! If their tech is so advanced, why is the damned castle still made out of stones? Why is the town still wood and thatched roofs?

Who cares?!

Lego Necronomicon and a Hop-Frog-esque villain? Power-armor wearing knights with techno-mage hologram guides and laser crossbows? Tank-tread borne keeps that cough out hover-horses and medieval drag racers?

Take me money!

aka Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoxGdz2Km4

Found the Joker Bumper Car polybag at Target today. Never saw it at TRU so that was a nice surprise. They were in the toy section on an end cap facing electronics.

Didn't see Target's typical "cheap stuff" in the Halloween section. 3.99 polybags are my favorite fix.

I suddenly had a total recall moment. I had several of these hologram-sticker chested figures when I was a kid. Haven't thought about them in forever. The last time I remembered these toys, we couldn't place them. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)
You coulda just asked me in person or via text, dude-bro. Actually, I think I'm also confusing it with some other I.P. that was similar that came out around that time.

I just started reading the wiki on it, and it's not what I remember exactly. What I'm thinking of was kinda Dungeons n Dragons meets Thundercats meets Battle Beasts meets M.A.S.K./Silverhawks (or was it SilverH.A.W.K.S.?). I think the premise was, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round had "disappeared" or been "lost in time" thanks to Morgana Le Fey and her henchmen evil knights, Mordred or some such shite. Princess/Queen Guenevere was the love interest and Merlynn brings a football team from the future to take the place of King Arthur and his knights. Pretty sure though they were given "magic powers" and abilities along these hologram based "powers" of the Visionaries.

Ahhhh, here it is: King Arthur and the Knights of Justice. Although I do remember Visionaries. As well as Inhumans, Dino Riders, and other lesser 80's cartoons.

EDIT:

Holy shit, what a blatant ripoff of Visionaries this King Arthur and the Knights of Justice was:

Visionaries: The story is set on the planet Prysmos, an advanced society where all electronics have failed and the people are forced to rely on the old magics. The Visionaries consist of two groups of knights — the Spectral Knights and the Darkling Lords. Everyone who wishes to gain magic is invited to a competition by the wizard, Merklynn. After surviving traps, dangerous creatures, and each other, survivors on both sides are rewarded. The front plate of their armor is embedded with unique animal totems, which they can turn into. The animals were selected by Merklynn based on their personalities or abilities they exhibited during the competition.

KA & t KoJ: The Knights are armed with special armor and are able to summon their respective creatures at any time when in battle armor.

^ King Arthur and the Knights of Justice was actually what I meant when I said Knights of the Round. It was pretty awesome as a kid. Except for the brick wall summon. I mean, what...?

If you described Nexo Knights to me before I saw it, I would have thought it was a stupid line that I wouldn't be buying.  But gatling gun equipped castle on tank treads says otherwise.

bread's done
Back