Nintindo Wavebird $19.99 at Wal-Mart

cyborg2040

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I hope this hasn't been posted, I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Anyhow, I was just at Wal-Mart, and hidden deep with-in the electronics clearance isle they had about 20 - 30ish silver Nintendo Wavebird controllers for $19.99 ea.

This was in Fairmont West Virginia, but may be worth looking into at your local store.

Funny thing about it, two isles down then had Pelican brand wireless gamecube controllers for $10.00 more. lol

Wavebirds are in danger of extintion, IF you can even find one in walmart.

Out of many walmarts only one had a wave bird half a year ago, I bought it for $30 since it was the last one, even as a CAG I just hadn't seen a wavebird anywhere for a long time.

Buy them all and put them on eBAY and toss in the word "Wii" in the title and make sure people understand it's 100% better than the classic controller and you'll get yourself some profit.

Not to sound like a jerk, but should Wal Mart finds even be posted in the Deals forum anymore? Honestly, how often can the same deal be found and multiple Wal Marts?

[quote name='bil4ltool']Not to sound like a jerk, but should Wal Mart finds even be posted in the Deals forum anymore? Honestly, how often can the same deal be found and multiple Wal Marts?[/quote]
Lots of times. Its YMMV, but these have been on clearance at Wal-Mart for months. They've long since disappeared from the ones around me (and never were this cheap that I saw), but if its at one its likely to be at others, and its worth knowing about. And there really isn't anything "regional" about it either, so that isn't a match.

Damn -- I wish they had some in Central VA -- my 7 year old tossed one across the room during a session of Wario Ware, Inc. and broke the left analog stick -- insane party games don't work so well with the elementary school set.

If that were me, I would have bought a bunch of those. The price fluncuates, but if you are a smart seller you could have had a very large profit on fleabay or amazon.

i'm thinking they will all be gone by the time you go back and get them, as someone surely saw this post that lives around there and decided to buy them. i would go and get them all asap..

[quote name='donssword']Damn -- I wish they had some in Central VA -- my 7 year old tossed one across the room during a session of Wario Ware, Inc. and broke the left analog stick -- insane party games don't work so well with the elementary school set.[/QUOTE]

Fellow VA'er. These were gone just after the Wii launch unfortunately. I really wanted a few but couldn't find any :(

[quote name='cyborg2040']This was in Fairmont West Virginia, but may be worth looking into at your local store.
[/quote]

Oh God. For once, there's an actual good deal around here. I just wish I was still at school so it'd only be a 20 minute drive as opposed to nearly 2 hours.

Thanks, op!

i was at a mom/pop videogame store last week listening to the 'owner' go on and on about how better his store is than gs b/c of better trade in values and 'rare games in stock' when he pointed me to 4 sealed wavebirds, 80$ each ...

[quote name='detectiveconan16']OP, you've better buy as much as you can.
And then sell on on eBay for a tidy profit. Those auctions can get pretty wild for an authentic WaveBird![/quote]

Indeed.

It's interesting how so many people in this thread are telling the OP to buy up all of them and sell them whereas pretty much every other thread in this forum, people get lynched for hoarding. For once, someone is abiding by the "rules" of this forum and people are telling him/her to do otherwise.

I'm not condoning hoarding or not hoarding because it's a free market, regardless of what anyone here claims to be fair or unfair. I just find the hypocritical nature of this thread funny, that's all.

I'm not condoning hoarding or not hoarding because it's a free market, regardless of what anyone here claims to be fair or unfair. I just find the hypocritical nature of this thread funny, that's all.

It would be hypocritical if you saw the same, exact posters saying two different things in numerous threads. Members of this board all have their own opinions. Personally, I could care less if someone buys a whole bunch of something that is on sale or clearance. If you think you can make money on eBay or something, all the power to you. I'm going to head out to my local Walmarts this week, maybe, and see if I can snatch a few up.

WTF, didn't realize there was such a high demand for Wavebirds. I've got 3 lying around the house I don't even touch anymore...

THANKS! I have wanted to grab 2 of these for the upcoming release of super smash bros. brawl on the Wii. but i couldn't find them for anything reasonable.

I will buy one too with shipping and little something. I've been looking for one for the past 9 months since I got a Wii. Can't find any at all.

wavebirds seem to go for an average of 25 - 30 used and 45 - 50 new on eBay. I don't know where everybody is getting $85.00.

I could make a profit if I bought all of them and sold them on eBay, but I don't need the cash, and like I said, I would rather have left them there for others who may be interested to buy them to get. Although with my luck a hoarder found bought them all up, and there on eBay now lol.

To those asking me to buy them one I'm sorry, but I don't think I will be able to. I don't get to make my way up to Walmart much due to my hectic schedule. I do however plan on making my way back up sometime next week, and if there are any in stock I will pick up a few and sell them at cost, plus shipping on a first come first serve basis. That's the best I can do on that end.

If you really want one, and can't find one at Wal-Mart on clearance, then I'd suggest checking eBay, they aren't as expensive as everyone makes them out to be.

Can someone get one for me? I've been looking all over for one of these. I only have the Nintendo version.

[quote name='Drnick']THANKS! I have wanted to grab 2 of these for the upcoming release of super smash bros. brawl on the Wii. but i couldn't find them for anything reasonable.[/quote]

Hell, I dont even let my wavebird be used in Melee. smash bros and mario kart games are the fastest way to depreciate your controllers. I would normally use a regular gamecube controller for those games. I remember N64 controllers had poor durability for their analog sticks. I think you can use nunchuks + wiimotes for brawl, so I'd rather have the nunchuk stick wear off (they're only 20$ to replace, at full price).

[quote name='cyborg2040']
Anyhow, I was just at Wal-Mart, and hidden deep with-in the electronics clearance isle they had about 20 - 30ish silver Nintendo Wavebird controllers for $19.99 ea.[/quote]

Walmart has an electronic clearence isle?

bread's done
Back