Nippon Ichi Games

NightNinja7

CAGiversary!
Hello, I'm looking towards a few Nippon Ichi games while I wait and hope that I can actually get Disgaea. I'm thinking of either La Pucelle or Phantom Brave and possibly Makai Kingdom, but I think the two former choices are cheaper. Does anyone have any opinion on the gameplay of these games? I'm kinda hoping that the games are around 25 and less. Is there a particular game I should start out on?

Thanks in advance.

PSP Disgaea is coming out with all features and additional content. Makes me glad I haven't gotten it yet. La Pucelle I think is the best to start with.

La Pucelle is the first so a good placce to start. Also some things get added to the later games so if you don't play LP first you may not enjoy it as much

[quote name='j.elles']PSP Disgaea is coming out with all features and additional content. Makes me glad I haven't gotten it yet. La Pucelle I think is the best to start with.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't care about the PSP, so having a PSP Disgaea makes no difference as the fact that I like to play on a large screen. So I'll take a look at La Pucelle for now. If anyone can find a good deal, think you can post herE?

La Pucelle should be 17.99 new, 14.99 used at Gamecrazy.

Phantom Brave is 7.99 used, and will be 9.99 new starting this tuesday at Gamecrazy

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']La Pucelle should be 17.99 new, 14.99 used at Gamecrazy.

Phantom Brave is 7.99 used, and will be 9.99 new starting this tuesday at Gamecrazy

Dave[/QUOTE]

This tuesday? Sounds awesome >_>

Well I dont like the psp much myself but the fact that it will have additional content forces my hand. Especially since I haven't played it yet. I've only Played Makai Kingdom and La Pucelle Tactics. That and its still about 45 dollars anywhere and the PSP version will be cheaper.

That and I'll be able to play the portable version more often.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Well the used price is 7.99 now, the new won't drop until tuesday

and AFAIK, makai Kingdom is $19.99 new, 14.99 used there

Dave[/QUOTE]
Oh good info time for me to finally get MK

Makai Kingdom is also $20.48 at Toys R Us clearance if your GC doesn't have any copies, for whatever reason or if there aren't any GC stores nearby.

[quote name='Caliburn']Makai Kingdom is also $20.48 at Toys R Us clearance if your GC doesn't have any copies, for whatever reason or if there aren't any GC stores nearby.[/QUOTE]

Bah, I have no more TRU near me for the next... I dunno, 30 miles? They all closed :( (good thing I picked up a few games before it went bust, but still... sigh... )

And I can wait till tuesday to take on Phantom Brave, and La Pucelle, I'll grab Makai Kingdom later if I have enough cash. Thanks!

Oh, and about that PSP, not only do I not own it, I really see no games for it that suits my taste, so it is a rather expensive buy if I really want it for Disgaea.

[quote name='NightNinja7']I personally don't care about the PSP, so having a PSP Disgaea makes no difference as the fact that I like to play on a large screen. So I'll take a look at La Pucelle for now. If anyone can find a good deal, think you can post herE?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, while I appreciate that Valkyrie Profile is now on the PSP. I would have rather had them properly re-release it for PS1 or put in in a PS2 compilation disc. The game was ment to be played on a TV so I'm not to thrilled about the PSP small screen. Not to mention these games were designed to be portable in the first place. Valkyrie Profile lack of save points and long sequences of story board don't lend it to being portable in the first place. Disgaea is the same way too. Long strategic battles with PSP crappy battery life doesn't lend to be a good portable experience. Plus the beautiful sprite art is too nice to for the small screen of the PSP.

Well I understand why Everyone told you to pickup La Pucelle and Phantom Brave first, and I agree,but no one here has mentioned how undeniably in depth and complex Makai Kingdom is or how many LONG LONG hours your gonna spend playing it....

Don't burn yourself out on the SRPG genre before you get to experience this 9.5 Title

bread's done
Back