NIS America Thanksgiving Sale Next Monday (22nd-29th) 50-66% off.

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!
Well I debated to post this because many will think this is worthless due to their high shipping costs, but it is technically a deal and might help someone out.

NIS America Store:
http://store.nisamerica.com

Mon - Nov, 22nd.
Nippon Ichi Software Up to 50% Off

Tues, Nov 23rd.
Gust Incorporated Up to 50% Off

Wed, Thurs, Friday Nov, 24-28th
??? (Mystery) Up to 66% Off

Mon - Nov 29th
Nippon Ichi Software Giclee & Art Books, dood!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, but dang, that shipping IS outrageous. Free shipping might have even been better than some of their discounts. I'll still check it out then, though.

Wow, looks like their store doesn't even carry a lot of their slightly older games like Trinity Universe, Prinny, Disgaea 2 for PSP, etc. I guess they are OOP now? Good thing I got most of want I wanted from them already from other vendors I guess.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Wow, looks like their store doesn't even carry a lot of their slightly older games like Trinity Universe, Prinny, Disgaea 2 for PSP, etc. I guess they are OOP now? Good thing I got most of want I wanted from them already from other vendors I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, most likely this will be a huge disappointment but maybe someone will find something that they were looking to get on sale. If they were still rosenqueen site then I would have just ignored this since this sale, generating more than 5 people to their site would have crashed it...

A bit off topic but I keep wondering when the heck they're going to put up the Prinny 2 preorders. They said November before but now I bet they won't put it up until after the sale ends.

love to see but doubtful

What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 around 10
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love ~Unforgettable Memories~ Collection (PS2) around 20

nothing else on the site i would even care for

[quote name='groundskeeper']Yes, most likely this will be a huge disappointment but maybe someone will find something that they were looking to get on sale. If they were still rosenqueen site then I would have just ignored this since this sale, generating more than 5 people to their site would have crashed it...[/QUOTE]

you did the right thing by posting this and i appreciate it. +karma.

there are still lots of games i want from them, but i don't subscribe to their emails so i wouldn't know about this.

edit: seems like it's an obvious glitch in shipping. this may make me stay away.

The sale they held last year at this time was a complete bait-and-switch clusterfuck. They ran out of more than just a few of the items they claimed to be selling in bundles, but instead of notifying their customers about this, they sent out the remaining items from the bundles anyways, but still charged full price and expected people to be okay with it. NIS America/Rosenqueen is the single worst online seller I've ever has the displeasure of dealing with. Oh, and their expensive "rush" shipping options took weeks to arrive.

Try putting in your zip code...then it'll give you a more realistic (still expensive!) shipping price. I bought from them as Rosenqueen some time ago (last year?), and I didn't have any problems with them (though it did take a while to receive my items...I still got them within about 2 weeks).

I have only bought once on their store, and since their new store opened, their shipping prices are crazy. When I tried to order Rorona deluxe edition from them, they wanted about $20 in shipping.

I love their games, but I will not buy from their website again.

I just got an email from NISA this evening which gave some hints about what and when things go on sale:

NIS America Store Link:

Mon - Nov, 22nd.
Nippon Ichi Software
Up to 50% Off

Tues, Nov 23rd.
Gust Incorporated
Up to 50% Off

Wed, Thurs, Friday
Nov, 24-28th

??? (Mystery)
Up to 66% Off

Mon - Nov 29th
Nippon Ichi Software
Giclee & Art Books, dood!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NeoGutsman']I just got an email from NISA this evening which gave some hints about what and when things go on sale:

NIS America Store Link:

Mon - Nov, 22nd.
Nippon Ichi Software
Up to 50% Off

Tues, Nov 23rd.
Gust Incorporated
Up to 50% Off

Wed, Thurs, Friday
Nov, 24-28th

??? (Mystery)
Up to 66% Off

Mon - Nov 29th
Nippon Ichi Software
Giclee & Art Books, dood!![/QUOTE]

I always seem to be last on their email list. I will update the post this this info.

Also throwing this out there, just in case anyone cares/doesn't get the newsletter

• Purchases over $29 will receive 1 Random Coin Figure
  • Purchases over $99 will receive 4 Random Coin Figures
  • Purchases over $299 will receive 12 Coin Figures (Guaranteed full set of 8)
Apparently these Disgaea coin figures are not for purchase anywhere, are only available through this thing and they have limited supply.

Disgaea DS $9.99
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness $14.99
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again $14.99

Also a couple figures, a plushie, and a cushion are in there.

Weak.

Hopefully there will be something I can use my $5 credit on over the week then I'm probably done with their store.

Shame NIS's store is full of fail and they badly overcharge on everything, even the bundles, because they know JRPG addicts will pay extra for half-ass plush, trading cards and so on.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Disgaea DS $9.99
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness $14.99
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again $14.99

Also a couple figures, a plushie, and a cushion are in there.

Weak.

Hopefully there will be something I can use my $5 credit on over the week then I'm probably done with their store.[/QUOTE]

Weak is putting it kindly. Also I could swear that Phantom Brave can be found in stores for that price.

I'll lol so hard if Amazon price matches them.

Hey gang, here's the direct link to the sale page:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Sale

As Soma_Cruz mentioned, today's Nippon Ichi sale is a slight wash, but not quite so for people who don't already own Disgaea in some form. I bought Disgaea DS when it launched and LLLOOOVVVEEEDDD it. The PS2 and PSP versions look and sound sharper of course, but the game still plays perfectly. In fact, this is the version I recommend since the top screen displays the map with a TON of helpful info. It's so much easier and convenient to look up on the top screen to line up attacks and throws this way.

Anyway, here's hoping for a better sale tomorrow...

[quote name='Sixtail']Shame NIS's store is full of fail and they badly overcharge on everything, even the bundles, because they know JRPG addicts will pay extra for half-ass plush, trading cards and so on.[/QUOTE]

If NIS sells half-ass plush, what would full-ass plush be? O:)

[quote name='Sixtail']Shame NIS's store is full of fail and they badly overcharge on everything, even the bundles, because they know JRPG addicts will pay extra for half-ass plush, trading cards and so on.[/QUOTE]

Now you've gone too far... My Hero Prinny Plush is awesome! :whee:

The quality of their bonuses tend to be all over the map, really. IMO art books and full OSTs on CD = great, plushies and such = obviously cheap to produce but if you really love the character they're okay for displaying, stickers and digital downloads of partial OSTs = lol.

I don't blame them for not being willing to invest a lot in extra goodies for games that they doubt will sell well, but if you're going to have an incentive item at all its appeal has to at least outweigh the extra shipping costs. Honestly, the LEs that have been available not just at Rosenqueen but at B&M retailers have generally been their more impressive/least gimmicky ones for the extra money. Wish we saw more like that.

I was going to get Phantom Brave if it dropped to half price, but it only dropped by five dollars and it looks like it doesn't come with the bonus CD anymore. Pass.

I just sent the following message to them in response to the email that they sent me advertising the sale:

I'll be blunt -- I'd buy the Prinny plush if your shipping prices were reasonable, but $8.99 just to ship it? Forget it. Honestly, there have been a number of times that I've considered ordering from your site, but every single time I see the shipping charges and say "never mind". There is no way it costs that much to ship a 6.5 inch stuffed animal. I know that I'm not the only person who is turned off by your shipping charges -- I see posts about it on various forums I'm on all the time. Bring them down to a more realistic level, and I'm sure you'll get a lot more business.

I doubt it'll do much, but who knows. Everyone should email them and complain about their shipping charges, and point out when they're losing business because of them. Maybe they'll eventually get the hint.

Not only are shipping prices outrageous, but their returns/exchanges process is outrageous as well.

Did your order come incomplete?

Need to do a return or exchange?

Gooood luck with those! It ain't happenin'!

Do not order from them. I got burned before (and so have other CAGs), and I've learned my lesson for life.

I've never ordered from them, but I'm very surprised to hear that the NIS official site incorporates such shady business practices. You would think that this kind of behavior would reflect so poorly on the parent company that they wouldn't tolerate it. I really like their games but I guess the safest bet is to buy from reliable third party resellers.

Is today's deal up? The prices for the gust games are the EXACT same as yesterday. I wouldn't hesitate to pay $40 shipped for Mana Khemia 2 cause I've been wanting it sealed for awhile, but did no one buy a thing yesterday, so they gave up?

[quote name='elessar123']Is today's deal up? The prices for the gust games are the EXACT same as yesterday. I wouldn't hesitate to pay $40 shipped for Mana Khemia 2 cause I've been wanting it sealed for awhile, but did no one buy a thing yesterday, so they gave up?[/QUOTE]

yesterdays deal started at 10pst for me, so its probably gonna be the same today. still kinda scared about ordering from them haha, might try again if they have something really good

[quote name='StarOcean']yesterdays deal started at 10pst for me, so its probably gonna be the same today. still kinda scared about ordering from them haha, might try again if they have something really good[/QUOTE]

Yea, I am too... Last time I ordered from them was when I reordered Ar Tonelico 2. They shipped it to me like three months after release. I didn't buy anything from them last holiday season cause I was still pissed, but it's getting harder to find Mana Khemia 2 sealed.

bread's done
Back