NJ/NYC sushi lovers do'nt pass this place by

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
Just experienced my first visit to this place www.minado.com ( Little Ferry NJ) $25 to eat untill the tuna comes out your ears. Everything fresh and abundant, place was immaculate, service was great.

I think this will be my permanent home for Japanese food

Go there - you can thank me later

Yeah I used to have one right down the block from my house, but it got shut down when the roof caved in during reconstruction. DAMNIT.

Now I go to a place called Sushi King. It's really good, but it's no Sushi Lovers. Now I'm sad..:cry:

There's a place called Gen Nai in Melbourne, Florida that is the same way. $23 gets you a drink and all you can eat sushi for one hour - very fresh, very nice selection. It makes me sad when I think about how I haven't made it over there in more than six months.

I'm nowhere near there, but I was wondering if it's cheaper at lunch. I used to have an all-you-can-eat sushi place near me that was $23 at dinner and only $14 at lunch (with all the same food).

Wow all you can eat sushi.For about $30 I get 15-18 pieces of sushi. I live in the midwest and only know of two sushi places around me. None of which have all you can eat.

i dunno, none of the sushi buffets i've ever been to are as good as a good sushi bar, not even in california. but they are much cheaper.

There is a tiny little sushi place near my house, with some freinds we completely fill the place up. It's like $14 for a big plate of sushi. Plus there is tea with little tapioka balls in the bottom.

i don't know why, but sushi fills me up really quickly. Ill usually pick up the $9.99 special from Panda China Sushi by my house. 4 rolls and egg drop soup, and it will fill me up with some leftovers.

Although, I would probably go for the chicken teriyaki. I inhale that stuff.

It might be worth a trip sometime, probably for some really special occasion

i once ate at an all u can eat sushi place, but there were different stages. You had to eat all of one stage to move onto the next stage. Of course all the best stages were at the end. There were around 10 pieces per stage. I ended up eatin around 30 pieces. I felt like I was going to die, and I couldnt do anything for the rest of the day

I was just talking about this place yesterday with some coworkers! We have a Minado up our way, but I have yet to go. It's about a 45 min drive from my house, a bit of a drive. But I'll eventually get there.

I wonder if sushi is cheap and prevailent in Japan. I could eat sushi all day and every day. I cant seem to convince people how great it is though.

I've gone to the Minado on Long Island, and I have to say that it was disappointing.

The hot food was pretty good, but the sushi was just not as good as what I get from my local sushi place.

It was also pretty expensive (I went for lunch) compared to what I would normally pay for what I consider better sushi.

[quote name='Maklershed']I wonder if sushi is cheap and prevailent in Japan. I could eat sushi all day and every day. I cant seem to convince people how great it is though.[/quote]the best place in the world to get sushi is actually vancouver

House of sushi and noodles in Chicago on belmont and lincoln...14 bucks all you can eat. Awesome stuff, its 5 bucks extra per person for any scrap of food you leave.

i've gone a few times to the one in NYC before it became Todai. Yes, there are lunch prices of about $14 on weekdays but I think it's like $16-$17 for lunch on weekends (dinner is maybe like $30 on weekends?). To me it's not worth the price just because I'd be full eating and spending less somewhere else, but it's a nice place if sushi buffets are your thing.

There's all sorts of food there besides sushi as well, and everything is well presented. One problem is that even though it's all you can eat, the good sushi moves VERY quickly. This generally means if you want anything that's run out, you have to stand there and wait for the sushi guys to make it. Unfortunately, these guys take their time and don't really care if you're waiting or not so it can be annoying. I guess you can get your revenge by taking everything they put out - forcing the people in line behind you to wait even longer...heh

[quote name='snotknocker']Just experienced my first visit to this place www.minado.com ( Little Ferry NJ) $25 to eat untill the tuna comes out your ears. Everything fresh and abundant, place was immaculate, service was great.

I think this will be my permanent home for Japanese food

Go there - you can thank me later[/quote]

If you ever get a chance go to Hon Bang Sushi in Westfield, NJ. It is the best sushi I've ever had including all the famed places in NYC. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it.

there used to be a place in the galleria mall in white plains (NY CAGS) called TODAI, it was nice at first, nice service and whatnot, and it was $20-$25 for all you can eat, unlimited time, not just sushi, but soup, rice, crab legs, lobster (the lobster tail came with the sushi buffet, as i like to call it), it also came with desert! all kinds of little cakes and pastries, this placed kicked ass!..the sushi was made fresh in front of you, where the chefs would put it in big trays where you can put in your place, take to your table..etc, nice
...but then people started stealing sushi, like a family would come in, pay for 1 buffet, then have the kids run and take sushi and such, or put it in bags and then leave..and it happened frequently :\...so then the place became a sushi order only, pay by roll...and then went under very fast ;(... i miss it

bread's done
Back