No Final Fantasy: XIII demo with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete Blu-ray

gamerpro4000

CAGiversary!
Here is the article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/final-fantasy-xiii-producer-looking-into-downloadable-demo-for-t/

I found out FVII:advent children complete Blu-ray, in America, will not come with a FFXIII playable demo unlike Japan. The demo is not included because it would be unfair for the xbox 360 fans in the USA. I think it is wrong how the Japanese blu-ray version gets the playable demo along and we don't.

If you think its wrong how SE is doing this, you can partition here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/FFX13Blu/petition.html

I'm not trying to press my views on to other people. If you don't want to partition then fine by me. Just take this as a news flash if any one of you are planning to buy the Blu-ray movie like i did (pre-ordered).

AND!!! thank you for your time!
onion_gifs_emoticons-05.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What are we partitioning here? It sounds like the demo will be downloadable. Do you really want to partition against a free demo?

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. The partition is to make the playable demo FFXIII come with the blu-ray movie from Square Enix. So far, square Enix might get the DLC available, but we do not know how long that will take. In other words, I'm trying to help people to justify if its a good deal in purchasing the movie or not. I know that FFXIII is exclusive in japan. However, it is multi-platform in USA. The game that is suppose to come to USA on a specific date was pushed back because they had to port it to the xbox 360.

I'd think they would've sold more copies of the movie if they included the FFXIII demo with it. They could make it a timed exclusive.

I wasn't interested in buying the movie again (I felt like it was a nonsensical, anime-circle jerk for the fans) but I guess it would've been a cool bonus. They must figure the cost of localization or recording english dialogue at this stage would be too costly to be worth it. How very Japanese of them.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd think they would've sold more copies of the movie if they included the FFXIII demo with it. They could make it a timed exclusive.[/QUOTE]
or a preorder deal

[quote name='Be3fJerky']It's Japan, they get alot of stuff we don't, haven't you guys noticed already lol?[/QUOTE]

WHAT!?! They get stuff that we dont? How could this be possible. But seriously, you would think that something they did for their jap release would be included just because it would sell more copies. Just stupid IMO. Oh well good thing for my wallet cause Ill end up getting later when it goes on sale instead of when it comes out.

EDIT:

Signed the petiton anyway. Doesnt seem like its making a splash with only 48 on there.

i don't see the big deal, it's a demo. it's not like japan got the full game or anything. anyone who is interested in FF is going to buy the game the millisecond it comes out regardless of having access to a demo.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']Here is the article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/final-fantasy-xiii-producer-looking-into-downloadable-demo-for-t/

I found out FVII:advent children complete Blu-ray, in America, will not come with a FFXIII playable demo unlike Japan. The demo is not included because it would be unfair for the xbox 360 fans in the USA. I think it is wrong how the Japanese blu-ray version gets the playable demo along and we don't.

If you think its wrong how SE is doing this, you can partition here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/FFX13Blu/petition.html

I'm not trying to press my views on to other people. If you don't want to partition then fine by me. Just take this as a news flash if any one of you are planning to buy the Blu-ray movie like i did (pre-ordered).

AND!!! thank you for your time!
onion_gifs_emoticons-05.gif
[/quote]

Yea!
partition it into a ham and cheese sandwich.

petitions generally don't work
but still...
this was a horrible decision by Sony
the movie was ok, and without a demo, a lot of people won't be buying it.

A petition... eh? Not going to work... Sony's not worried about the US market, its time to rally up the base, and having Apirl 2009 sales go up 288% vs April 2008 sales in Japan shows that the demo was good for Japan. No way they're going to get that type of effect here in the states.

Yeah there's really no point to release the demo here. I'm sure there are a few people who cancelled their orders because of this news, but in the larger scheme of things I bet there are relatively few people who care. Most American people expect demos in the form of a download. Considering how many people bitch and whine when Sony offers demos as a preorder bonus, SE wouldn't do any better bundling a demo with a crappy movie.

I actually dont understand why they even included it with the Blu-Ray in Japan. What does it matter if you can just download it? Its not the full game anyways...maybe to make the new movie more of a collectors item?

Advent Children already made it's round in Japan, the demo was just a reason for people to fork over more money for the movie again. They have no reason to release the demo elsewhere cause they already know that everyone will buy the game regardless, it'd be just a waste of time and money.
Online petitions are as useless as flowers for an ex, either have the patience to wait for the release next year/import the Japanese release later this year or buy the demo disc off eBay.

I was in Japan 3 weeks ago and bought myself a copy. Demo is pretty much what's shown on the web, the movie has new parts in it, a revised ending, and does have english audio / no english subs. English audio track has to be enabled from the audio / subtitle options. Everything looks amazing on 1080p and in person. ;)

[quote name='tranms']I was in Japan 3 weeks ago and bought myself a copy. Demo is pretty much what's shown on the web, the movie has new parts in it, a revised ending, and does have english audio / no english subs. English audio track has to be enabled from the audio / subtitle options. Everything looks amazing on 1080p and in person. ;)[/quote]

Cool, I'm still going to keep my pre-order. I heard the old parts in in the movie are only unscaled to high def but not completely redone compared to the new added scenes into the movie. Are you able to distinguish between the scenes that are from the previous movie compared to the new scenes added to movie through the textures and clarity?

Big pile of Microsoft's money or few more sales of this terrible blu-ray movie from PS3 fanboys. Not a difficult call for S-E.

[quote name='erectiontown']i don't see the big deal, it's a demo. it's not like japan got the full game or anything. anyone who is interested in FF is going to buy the game the millisecond it comes out regardless of having access to a demo.[/QUOTE]

Excactly- when you've got a rabid fanbase willing to buy whatever titles you slap the franchise on, you don't need to pull stunts for sales.

I'm sure it'll be made into a download soon enough.

LOL @ people who think an online petition will actually ever accomplish anything. :lol:

you know it would be a good idea for Sony to release the demo here as well, however I'm sure that S-E would probably be contractually obligated to do two demos if they were to release one here. Too much of an hassle for them...

Yes, it would be entirely unfair to the owners of the xbox 360... because square and every other developer doesn't give preference to one system over another with demos, dlc and exclusives? What a crock. I was going to buy the Advent Children new on release... but screw that... I'll just wait to buy it used.

[quote name='tranms']I was in Japan 3 weeks ago and bought myself a copy. Demo is pretty much what's shown on the web, the movie has new parts in it, a revised ending, and does have english audio / no english subs. English audio track has to be enabled from the audio / subtitle options. Everything looks amazing on 1080p and in person. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got mine off Play-Asia a few weeks ago and really enjoyed demo and extra scenes in HD look fantastic!!

bread's done
Back