No Free Shipping At Gamefly?

beetlegum

CAGiversary!
Stupidly, I just signed up with Gamefly to buy several games with the free shipping. However, the screen prompted to charge me 3 bucks shipping on top of the tax charge.

Did they just recently do away with offering free shipping to members? I'm going to call them on Monday, and try to get a refund. Every single new release was not available, and their shipping time to texas takes like 2 weeks.

[quote name='beetlegum']Stupidly, I just signed up with Gamefly to buy several games with the free shipping. However, the screen prompted to charge me 3 bucks shipping on top of the tax charge.

Did they just recently do away with offering free shipping to members? I'm going to call them on Monday, and try to get a refund. Every single new release was not available, and their shipping time to texas takes like 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

when did you sign up?

if you just did it today it takes a few days for them to give you free shipping.. now if you signed up under a FREE 10 - 14 day thing. You dont get free shipping... only paying memebers get free shipping

dont expect them to do a refund... everytime i asked they refused... you should of waited till monday to buy them.. its not like those games would sell out within 2 days

[quote name='beetlegum']Stupidly, I just signed up with Gamefly to buy several games with the free shipping. However, the screen prompted to charge me 3 bucks shipping on top of the tax charge.

Did they just recently do away with offering free shipping to members? I'm going to call them on Monday, and try to get a refund. Every single new release was not available, and their shipping time to texas takes like 2 weeks.[/quote]

So did you just sign up, as in a few days ago, or just sign up, as in to get games without shipping (i.e you signed up a while ago)?

If its the former, then these things take time. If its the latter, going to assume so since you said it takes 2 weeks to get to Texas, (which in itself is odd, as it only takes 1 week, tops, to get to me in Indiana) then I'd just try to cancel the order and reorder on Monday.

You only get free shipping once your paid membership kicks in, not during your free trial. If you pre-pay, you get free shipping immediately.

I didn't receive a free trial. I have already been charged the 14.95. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to be put on a waiting list for every single Xbox new release.

[quote name='beetlegum']I didn't receive a free trial. I have already been charged the 14.95. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to be put on a waiting list for every single Xbox new release.[/quote]

That tends to happen when renting games/movies anywhere. Unless the place you rent from has a surplus of games, you'll have to wait. Thats life.

seems they got a lot of new people this last month as well .... my games used to take 3 days each way.... Now they are taking 5 days each way...

my lost magic shipped last weds (april 26) and i still dont have it ...

bread's done
Back