No Intentions of Releasing Lunar DS in Europe

j.elles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://nintendonow.com/index.php?ca...29&PHPSESSID=1c5414cebd1d9a9851092fa9f2c92e87

That sucks. Being a prequel i'd think they'd release it in Europe.

As was the case with all previous Lunar titles, European gamers who were looking forward to Lunar DS will be disappointed. Ubisoft let it slip to Gamesindustry.biz that they aren't planning on bringing Lunar: Dragon Song to Europe. The game, which is being developed by Game Arts, is slated for a September 20th release in the US and will be published by Ubisoft.

The story is set a millennium before the events of the first game in the series, Lunar: The Silver Star. Whether or not this was a logical move on Ubisoft's part, it is to note that introducing Europe to the Lunar saga wouldn't be that foolish. The DS currently lacks RPG's, so being the first to release a proper role playing game over there would probably benefit both Europe and America. A missed opportunity? Time will tell.

I'll bet that someone will snag that title to publish in Europe. Its too big of a name not to. (within the "real" gaming crowd)

[quote name='j.elles']Nothing but it's higher in price and there seems to be a slightly higher crack down on that lately.[/QUOTE]

New release are actually more expensive in for example England when you convert it to dollars. New games cost about £24.99 which is at least $44. Even with a higher shipping cost it might be cheaper and faster to import it. That's why it is very common to import games from US, such as RPGs. Even with the crack down it is still not that hard to get imports.

[quote name='Sk']I'll bet that someone will snag that title to publish in Europe. Its too big of a name not to. (within the "real" gaming crowd)[/QUOTE]

Ubi is already one of the largest publisher in Europe so it doesnt look good.

Edit: One more thing, none of the past Lunar games (other than the GBA version) are released in Europe.

bread's done
Back