No listing fees on ebay for 08/15 - Must purchase gallery and start price <= $9.99

same here, listed it 3 days ago. i waited and waited and figured it will never come again til fall, and yet here it is.

Just curious, do you guys really think it's a good idea to list auctions at that time if a bunch of other people decide to do the same thing, resulting in numerous auctions all ending around the same time? Seems to me like there'd be extra competition amongst sellers then.

[quote name='Squee']Just curious, do you guys really think it's a good idea to list auctions at that time if a bunch of other people decide to do the same thing, resulting in numerous auctions all ending around the same time? Seems to me like there'd be extra competition amongst sellers then.[/QUOTE]

i mostly just list crap that i dont think will sell when its free. If it sells then wooo if it dont i didnt lose anything (well besides the hours it take to list LOL

[quote name='Squee']Just curious, do you guys really think it's a good idea to list auctions at that time if a bunch of other people decide to do the same thing, resulting in numerous auctions all ending around the same time? Seems to me like there'd be extra competition amongst sellers then.[/quote]

No, it is not the best idea. However, if you are doing BIN then you have nothing to lose (except time) by listing it free.

I only do BINs but I find that prices tend to drop when these promos run.

It should be clarified that the $0 listing fee is only valid if you use a gallery picture (that you'll probably have to pay for) and have a starting price of $9.99 or more (works for both BIN and auction)

do you still have to pay for final value free.. or whatever it's called when your auction ends if its sold? also it says for listings that start below
$9.99 so if i do a buy it now it can't be over $9.99??

[quote name='Squee']Just curious, do you guys really think it's a good idea to list auctions at that time if a bunch of other people decide to do the same thing, resulting in numerous auctions all ending around the same time? Seems to me like there'd be extra competition amongst sellers then.[/quote]

yes and no. for one there definately more auctions on ebay that are going to end at the same time. but you also should keep in mind no 2 auctions are alike, unless one copies the other, thats asking for trouble.

pros of this deal? i did sell 9 out of the 11 auctions i posted the last time they did this. i made $400+ out of all the games.

if youre unsure that your auction will not sell at the price you like, try to have the auction end on either saturday or sunday. or you can just have a outrageous buy-it-now price (my plan for tomorrow, hehe). maybe ill sell a few ps1 sealed games :eek:

[quote name='maddskillz867']do you still have to pay for final value free.. or whatever it's called when your auction ends if its sold? also it says for listings that start below
$9.99 so if i do a buy it now it can't be over $9.99??[/quote]

Yes, you will still have to pay final value fees, if and when it sells.

I assume that if the BIN is over $9.99 then you will have to pay listing fees, which means I'm out.

[quote name='maddskillz867']do you still have to pay for final value free.. or whatever it's called when your auction ends if its sold? also it says for listings that start below
$9.99 so if i do a buy it now it can't be over $9.99??[/QUOTE]
If you start your auction off at $9.99 or lower and have a BUY IT NOW option for like $30...I dont think BIN's affect the special offer. They'll give you the listing fee (20¢) for free and you have to pay for the final value fee. But they also make money off of us by charging for those special features and for the BIN. So you can set the BIN at $100 and you'll still get the free listing. There is no limitation on the BIN.

If it was a fixed auction where there is only a BUY IT NOW, then yes, anything over $9.99 you will have to pay. If you have a reserve price of anything under $9.99, its free regardless of starting price. Any reserve over $9.99, you have to pay, even if you start the auction off at 99¢ (reserve overrules starting price).

Its stupid to think that they'll limit the BIN to $9.99. They're just causing themselves to lose money.

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/galleryandinsertion/
*All other fees (Final Value Fees and all other optional listing upgrade fees*) will still be charged.

[quote name='Warner1281']It should be clarified that the $0 listing fee is only valid if you use a gallery picture (that you'll probably have to pay for) and have a starting price of $9.99 or more (works for both BIN and auction)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. Just as well as I'm not geared up for listing a ton of stuff.

Found the page on eBay with the details: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200708.shtml#2007-08-14091025

Updating OP. Kind of a crappy sale actually. You know it's shit when SD doesn't even front page it. :lol:

Agreed. It isn't all that great unless I can find a few old games sitting around that are only worth $9.99. I'll probably throw a few BINs for $9.99 or even less on some stuff from my TL that no one wants. Though, damn, you do have to pay for that gallery picture. That sucks. If it was totally free I'd list several things with a low likelihood of selling. Considering the gallery picture I'll probably just list a few things. Just as well - I don't have much time for eBay any more.

Isn't a gallery pic 35 cents? So they give you the 20 or 40 cents back, but make you pay the 35. Sure, you get a picture in the search but that is rarely worth it for cheaper items like this anyway. I suppose if you have a high value item you KNOW will sell for a fair amount in a regular-style auction (and for which gallery pictures often help) you could go with the 99 cent listing and save yourself a whole 20 cents :lol:.

[quote name='io']
Isn't a gallery pic 35 cents? So they give you the 20 or 40 cents back, but make you pay the 35. Sure, you get a picture in the search but that is rarely worth it for cheaper items like this anyway. [/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I would've done this if I was prepared. I havent sold anything on eBay since December and I'll wait until the Fall, once eBay traffic picks up.

Looks like this deal is back and good for all of September (August 29 - September 30) with a new addition.
  • No Insertion Fees when you buy Gallery and start pricing at $9.99 or less
  • 25% off Insertion Fees when you buy Gallery and start pricing at $10 or more

[quote name='parKer']Looks like this deal is back and good for all of September (August 29 - September 30) with a new addition.
  • No Insertion Fees when you buy Gallery and start pricing at $9.99 or less
  • 25% off Insertion Fees when you buy Gallery and start pricing at $10 or more
[/QUOTE]

That sucks if that means there will be no TRUE 20 cent listing days during that whole period. This deal will help me a tiny bit - like I'll save $1 or so (probably more like 50 cents though) total on the things I plan to list during this time period ;). But I guess I'll get a few gallery pics out of it :roll:.

Meh. I'm a newbie to eBay selling, but I just threw 5 things up on eBay and saved 5 cents on each since they were all at or below $9.99, and got 5 free gallery pics out of it. Decent enough deal. Saved a quarter. :D

bread's done
Back