No more Halo preorders after August 20th?

Stargun007

CAGiversary!
There's a rumor going around that no pre-orders will be accepted for Halo 2 after August 20th at EB and Gamestop. Has anyone else heard this type of thing? Frankly, it doesn't make any sense, but it seems that quite a lot of people at GameFAQs are saying so. However, the people at GameFAQs aren't very reliable. So did anyone else hear about something like this?

Normally pre orders are taken up until the day before shipping. I have seen them stop taking pre orders on games that were hot but that seems way too early since it won't be out until November.

EB and Gamestop's stock of the game are proportional to their pre-orders. That's why they fight so hard to get them. Also, more preorders=better sweetheart deals between the companies in the future. I don't think they'll stop the preorders until they're told by the manufacturer.

Its possible that Microsoft told EB and Gamestop how many copies they are getting, and they decided to cut off preorders soon because stores have so many.

That seems a bit early to cut off the pre-orders. However, EB and GS have done weird things in the past. Did they talk about specific stores, or was it nationwide?

i work at gamestop and ive been told that its highly possible we will cut off preorders, every store has hundreds and bungie/microsoft can only make so many for the first print. a little over a month ago all the stores did an audit of how many reserves we have. so while i cant say for sure it will happen, there have been some indicators.

hate to be a conspiracy theorist... but if this is true.. what does that say about the ilovebees August 24th date.. Im glad I have my fully paid preorder.

I work at EB and have not heard a thing about this, even though we are already above 100 preorders on the LE alone. The only preorders we have been told to limit is on Madden 2005 CE. They are actually being limited unlike halo.

it is better that they stop accepting preorders for the le, than a horder of angry xboxers making a run on poor eb employees who dont have enough supply to meet crazed-fan demand...

While were on the subject of preorders I have a couple questions... When you preorder you only put a certain percent down? and does it ship so that you get it on release date or ship just one day prior to release?

I'm talking about preordering from the website.

All this talk has me worried I'll be waiting for a Halo 2 if I don't preorder

does it ship so that you get it on release date or ship just one day prior to release?

depends on what part of the states you live in. I have heard that people in California get their games on the shipping date, where people on my area of florida get them the next day. As for Halo 2, it's most likely will be street dated, meaning everyone will sell them November 9. EA is another exception because they always release early in EBs and Lamestops.

All this talk has me worried I'll be waiting for a Halo 2 if I don't preorder

you just now realized this! Wow! Remember, at least at EB, you only have to drop $5 dollars. I work at EB and I have a preorder (in fact I am numbero uno). Any games I could possibly wait for that I want I preorder. I also preorder if there is any cool crap that comes with it, like Tales of Symphonia did.

[quote name='Supernothing']Remember... this is coming from GameFAQS.[/quote]

where 98% of all rumors are FALSE. Here's a life lesson: never, EVER and I mean EVER believe a word typed there. look to other sources for info, like here :)

[quote name='CheapyD']Rumor is false, according to my inside sources.[/quote]

Your inside sources suck, there is indeed a cutoff date on preorders of the LE of Halo 2. It was extended though, the original cutoff was at the end of July.. not sure when it is now.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Supernothing']Remember... this is coming from GameFAQS.[/quote]

where 98% of all rumors are FALSE. Here's a life lesson: never, EVER and I mean EVER believe a word typed there. look to other sources for info, like here :)[/quote]

That's exactly why I asked.

Scorch- do you have any proof to back that up?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CheapyD']Rumor is false, according to my inside sources.[/quote]

Your inside sources suck, there is indeed a cutoff date on preorders of the LE of Halo 2. It was extended though, the original cutoff was at the end of July.. not sure when it is now.[/quote]

You could've just said his inside sources weren't accurate...

Anyway, damn, this really sucks. I plan on calling Bungie or Microsoft tommorow if this is not official by the time I get back from school 'cause I need to know when it ends so I can get in on the LE version.

Well, I would have pre-ordered it a long time ago, except by the time it comes out I will have moved to college, so I want to pre-order it then.

[quote name='Stargun007']Well, I would have pre-ordered it a long time ago, except by the time it comes out I will have moved to college, so I want to pre-order it then.[/quote]

stargun - you should PM or email Defender about preordering it, as you will be close to his B&M location during the school year.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CheapyD']Rumor is false, according to my inside sources.[/quote]

Your inside sources suck, there is indeed a cutoff date on preorders of the LE of Halo 2. It was extended though, the original cutoff was at the end of July.. not sure when it is now.[/quote]

My inside source is the buyer for EBgames.com
What's your source?

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CheapyD']Rumor is false, according to my inside sources.[/quote]

What's your source?[/quote]
The voice inside his head

It could also be possible that EB/Gamestop headquarters have told their stores how many copies to expect, so some stores will soon stop taking preorders and some still have lots of preorders to go.
Perhaps someone should go to a Gamestop or EB and see if this is true. Ill be going to one sometime in the next week or so to finish paying off Halo 2.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CheapyD']Rumor is false, according to my inside sources.[/quote]

What's your source?[/quote]

Oh snap...

teisho%20pasai.jpg

Well, maybe there's a cutoff for EB, but not Gamecrazy.

Put in my preorder today and the guy said they were told to keep taking preorders up until 2 weeks before the game is released.

bread's done
Back