No More Heroes 2

They were selling it used for $29.99 at the Rogers in College Square and $44.99 new. That's lowest price I've seen it at. Seeing that it didn't sell much in North America (a shame) I guess it was expected.

Which is why I don't buy new Wii releases anymore. Heck, I'm not even going to look at the game until it's selling for under $20.

Probably makes me part of the problem, but my wallet will happily take the selfish route when it comes to buying games this generation.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Or just use EB's trade promotion, play, resell, PROFIT!
And be part of the solution![/QUOTE]

Now that's a good suggestion.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I guess, I bought it day one but I thought it was much more weak than NMH1. Traded it quickly.[/QUOTE]

Part of the reason why I could see the price dropping. Didn't much like the 2nd one that much, but it was still worth playing through. I'm pretty sure the game was rushed out for the release date which is a shame.

I got NMH 1 on release day and thought it was amazing, but that was before the MGS4 ps3 deal came out so then I only had a Wii.
These days it just doesnt feel like Wii games are really ever worth it. PS3 is just so much better. I dont even have my wii plugged in, the idea of playing a game for it feels like a hassle.
Though since I loved NMH1 so much I'll pick this up as soon as I see it for 10 bucks.

heh. Short of very specific games that will have one small print run, I never buy anything at full price. This goes for Wii, PS3, the very rare Ubisoft games, and any first party titles that I can get away with, everything. Let the full price lamers satisfy the publisher's inflated bottom lines while I reap the patient person's rewards.

That is assuming I even play console games nowadays. lol

[quote name='poiuiu']heh. Short of very specific games that will have one small print run, I never buy anything at full price. This goes for Wii, PS3, the very rare Ubisoft games, and any first party titles that I can get away with, everything. Let the full price lamers satisfy the publisher's inflated bottom lines while I reap the patient person's rewards.

That is assuming I even play console games nowadays. lol[/QUOTE]

I find that EA and Ubisoft games drop down in price, and eventually will go down to the $19.99 (or less) range, whether it's 6 months or a year after release.

But ask Nintendo and they'll tell you the MSRP for their games is about the same as it was when it first came out no matter how many years ago that was. Sure I've gotten first-party Nintendo games on sale, but it feels like a much more rare occurrence than the inevitable price drops of EA & Ubi.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']I find that EA and Ubisoft games drop down in price, and eventually will go down to the $19.99 (or less) range, whether it's 6 months or a year after release.

But ask Nintendo and they'll tell you the MSRP for their games is about the same as it was when it first came out no matter how many years ago that was. Sure I've gotten first-party Nintendo games on sale, but it feels like a much more rare occurrence than the inevitable price drops of EA & Ubi.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Sales do happen (Animal Crossing and Wario Land Shake It, for example) but trying to score first-party Nintendo games is usually the reason I watch for good trade and save deals.

Well, that's the thing. With, say Nintendo titles, there's also a game-by-game aspect that has to be considered. If it's a marquee title in question (ie anything with Mario, Pokermon, Zelda), then there's no way they'll drop in price officially. But if it's a smaller title that they're only publishing (irregardless of who's developing), then it's likely to drop in price along the same curve as other games. Case in point: Excitebots, Metroid Prime Trilogy (only one printrun), Wario Land: Shake It, etc. And to an extent, even Animal Crossing Wii fell to the latter.

tl;dr Yeah, Nintendo is the worst when it comes to being a CAG but everyone else will be there to pick up their slack.

And I look forward to PoP: The Movie: The Game, Trauma Team, SSF4, RS2w/WM+, Castlevania, Alpha Protocol (when it gets released next year), Resonance of Fate, Arc Rise Fantasia, MMZ Collection, and Sin and Punishment 2 all at 20 bucks or under.

bread's done
Back