No More Heroes - $29.99 EB/GS

At $30, it's a decent price. While the game itself leaves much to be desired, the overall experience/presentation is fantastic.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wow, another quick drop from Ubisoft. This totally was unexpected... ;)[/QUOTE]

You think this is going to be a universal price drop?

[quote name='solidrock']You think this is going to be a universal price drop?[/quote]

Do bears shit in the woods?

Yes. It will be universal. Ubi is known for marking down their games 1-2 months after release, despite the reviews.

I think there is a big chance of it since "Killer 7" had a similar situation for the PS2 (not GameCube version) but I'm going to wait a little, I would think a store like Game Crazy would go $24.99 if GS went $29.99. We'll see... Or at least a better GS coupon so I can get a used copy.

GameFly's keep it price for me is 24.29, just a heads up for anyone who has it from them, or wants to put it in there Q.

I stopped by Gamestop to pick it up...two gamestops actually...and both refused to sell it me for 30.00. They said i must be mistaken. Also tried to buy Zack and Wiki...they had three sealed in the cabinet...told me they only had open copies.
BTW...this was in NYC on b'way and 8th, and Bway and bway and 4th

If the new price is $29.99 and used is still $39.99, this is probably just a sale. And if the stores don't have the same prices, it's probably showing up a week early.

Oh, and obligatory "Buy it now" post

[quote name='tonybonjovi']I stopped by Gamestop to pick it up...two gamestops actually...and both refused to sell it me for 30.00. They said i must be mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Can anyone confirm that as the in-store price?

Just got off the phone with my local Gamestop and they are still showing 49.99 in store. Have to return Persona 3 tomorrow so I will pick up No More Heroes if the price has been updated in their system.

[quote name='jza1218']GameFly's keep it price for me is 24.29, just a heads up for anyone who has it from them, or wants to put it in there Q.[/quote]

Its showing as 26.99 for me.

This seems to be the right price point for this game. Hmm...I'll have to see how much longer I can hold out as there are some big titles coming out as of late that take precedence over this one. If Nights was at $30, then I'd pick it up in a heart beat.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']This seems to be the right price point for this game. Hmm...I'll have to see how much longer I can hold out as there are some big titles coming out as of late that take precedence over this one. If Nights was at $30, then I'd pick it up in a heart beat.[/quote]

amazon has nights for 30 bucks

Ehhh, I'm starting to think that its just stupid to buy any 3rd party wii game at launch, because it seems that the price is going to 40-50% less within 90 days. Your average sports title seems to have more price longevity that your average non-nintendo wii game.

Like other fellow CAGers I went to my a gamestop store and they rang it up to be $49.99.
Oh well, will try again tomorrow.

[quote name='K_G']Ehhh, I'm starting to think that its just stupid to buy any 3rd party wii game at launch, because it seems that the price is going to 40-50% less within 90 days. Your average sports title seems to have more price longevity that your average non-nintendo wii game.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Zack and Wiki from buy.com for $8.99 rings a bell.

Good price, been waiting for this one to drop. Think I'll wait until I can get it under $20 though since I have such a huge backlog anyway. Although with the upcoming B2G1F deal coming up, this and two other games in the $25 range would end up only being $50 for 3 games...might have to see if my local Gamestop has RE4 and Endless Ocean used in stock.

From what I've played of it so far it's all style and no substance. Not that that's particularly bad (driving around the city is though).

i'll wait for the used to drop to 25, then wait again for either a b2g1 sale or a 25% off used wii games in the weekly ad. that'll make it under 20 and a nice price point for me.

Man..

No More Heroes [$29.99], Mario Kart [$59.99 guide included], or The World Ends With You [$29.99 at CC next week].

decisions, decisions...

Quick question guys, will NMH go to $19.99 anytime soon?

Got back from GS...yep, used is still $34.99 new is $29.99. They said that it either the computer has not been updated for GS or that it's temporary.

I told them to hold me the used copy just in case the computers are updated by tonight or so.

I'm going to wait until it drops to $20. I was originally going to jump when it hit $30, but mario kart and ssbb have consumed my gaming. It'll feel like a waste for me since I won't really devote too much time to it.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I'm going to wait until it drops to $20. I was originally going to jump when it hit $30, but mario kart and ssbb have consumed my gaming. It'll feel like a waste for me since I won't really devote too much time to it.[/quote]

One man's opinion but I actually liked it more than Brawl. When I got Brawl, I was expecting to focus all my attention away from NMH but it turned out the opposite way.

bread's done
Back