No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

I would be much more interested if this package included both NMH and NMH2. Graphics alone arent enough for me to pick this up even at $40 :/

I'm not sure I want to pick this up...I never played the original NMH, and from what I've heard, this is just a redone version of that one (and the sequel is supposed to be better in practically every way). Either way, I let Amazon know about the Walmart price, since they still have it for $59.99.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not sure I want to pick this up...I never played the original NMH, and from what I've heard, this is just a redone version of that one (and the sequel is supposed to be better in practically every way). Either way, I let Amazon know about the Walmart price, since they still have it for $59.99.[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more wrong about the sequel. The sequel was so much worse than the first one was.

Thanks for the Heads Up!
I put my Preorder in, hopefully its a actual deal and not a price mess up.
Would love NMH for 40 bucks

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You couldn't be more wrong about the sequel. The sequel was so much worse than the first one was.[/QUOTE]

how so? i have it sitting in my backlog right now, and i was thinking of starting it this week.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You couldn't be more wrong about the sequel. The sequel was so much worse than the first one was.[/QUOTE]
I agree

I thought the sequel was ok at best. I mean it was more no more heroes, but it didn't really add anything to make it better. It just cut down on driving. Plus it lost a lot of the charm the first game had going for it.

What are they adding to this remake? I own NMH 1 and 2 and well if it's just NMH 1 with HD graphics I will pass but if they add new content I may consider it. NMH 1 is one of my favorite games this generation.

The sequel was so much more enjoyable than the first. The minigames were actually fun to play, it got rid of the useless "sandbox" world map, and overall just made the game more "playable".

I still loved the first one though.

[quote name='BettiePage']I didnt find a thread on this when I searched... [/QUOTE]

Sucks to know that the CAG forums have turned into a place where we feel we have to preface our posts like this.

Anyway, thanks for the post, OP--loved these games on Wii, can't recommend them to people enough, especially in HD and with Trophies. Heck, even I may double dip.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
What are they adding to this remake? I own NMH 1 and 2 and well if it's just NMH 1 with HD graphics I will pass but if they add new content I may consider it. NMH 1 is one of my favorite games this generation.[/QUOTE]

For me HD graphics are a plus since I loved the game. It looks really nice too! But to answer your question, from what I know what they are adding besides a facelift is new bosses. You are able to fight bosses that appear in NMH2, but I don't think they have said who you are fighting. Also adding Move support which will make me buy a Move. I think a new mode where the girls are dressed more "sexier". I think that's it from what I remember.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the list price is $40....$60 is a bit steep for an updated re-release of game that came out on the wii over three years ago....this is a pretty niche game, and the odds are a large % of the potential audience already has access to a wii...nor are the Move's sales numbers large enough to have Konami thinking they've got a huge untapped market hungry for Move enabled games.

I'm hoping that it's $40 MSRP everywhere. That's more money I can put toward one of those overpriced Move navigation controllers (that I'll just have to sell after I plat NMH anyway as Move software is pretty much already dead) since I already have the disco stick and loved how NMH controlled on Wii. At least the game looks like it's going to be ready for release in the next couple of months now.

how so? NMH 2 on was better in everyway, gotta love the retro mini games

I have to say I liked both of them equally. The first one had the charm and "new ness" to it that the 2nd one lost but those repetitive jobs got boring quickly. The 2nd one lost some of the humor for a darker approach but I did enjoy the retro mini games and the more streamlined approach. Oh and the combat is much better in the second one.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Didn't they remove the blood in the Japanese version? Any word on if they are adding it back in?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Japanese PS3 version had no blood. They haven't said anything on the US/EUR version but from pics that are said to be EUR version shows blood. So it's believed that we'll get blood in this version. News on the game is really....really vague.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not sure I want to pick this up...I never played the original NMH, and from what I've heard, this is just a redone version of that one (and the sequel is supposed to be better in practically every way). Either way, I let Amazon know about the Walmart price, since they still have it for $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Wait, amazon is charging $59.99 for an HD update of No More Heroes 1? We are supposed to believe that Sony couldn't fit Parts 1 and 2 onto one blu ray disc? I guess I won't be getting this since I bought them both for the wii for $7.50 years ago at Blockbuster.

I liked No More Heroes 2 a lot more than the first. Better gameplay, better minigames, cleaner graphics, and a more streamlined system of story progression. The only thing I liked more about the first one is that the bosses had better introductions before you fought them.

Hope Amazon matches this. Some places slap on the $39.99 for launch titles, BBY's Yakuza 4 at launch for example. But yeah, this is a re-release...

You clearly loved FFXIII so your opinion is already suspect imo.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wait, amazon is charging $59.99 for an HD update of No More Heroes 1? We are supposed to believe that Sony couldn't fit Parts 1 and 2 onto one blu ray disc? I guess I won't be getting this since I bought them both for the wii for $7.50 years ago at Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

How is it Sony's fault? They aren't developing or publishing the game.

$59.99 for a remake is ridiculous when the collections come with 3 games and cost $39.99. I loved NMH, but come on this is insane Konami! Dead Space Extraction was $14.99 when it came out on the PSN with Move Support!

I'll buy it, but not 'till it drops to ~$20. Can't wait to hear Konami complain about low sales.

I'm hoping this is going to be the actual price. $60 for an enhanced port of a game that was released three years ago is just way too much.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']How is it Sony's fault? They aren't developing or publishing the game.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Sony has absolutely no control over the games for their system or the pricing of games.

Even though I've got both for Wii, I'll be looking to pick this up. For me I enjoyed NMH1 more because of the great story, but I prefered the gameplay from 2. The thing that frustrates me is that this finally gets a US release and they just announced a new PS3 Red Zone Edition in JP that has even more features :/

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/20/no_more_heroes_red_zone/

It's look like Japan is getting an updated version ("NMH: Red Zone") complete with the NA goodies (improved load times, uncensored blood/gore, NMH2 boss fights) as well as some new exclusive DLC content ("Forbidden Pack" lol) on first-print runs. It reminds me of the International versions of Final Fantasy. I doubt we'll get the "forbidden view" mode but the new katanas and bike colors would be cool.

P.S. LOVE the new cover art.

EDIT: Whoops, Duke.Togo beat me to the punch, sorry! But I agree-- Story: NMH1 > NMH2, Gameplay: NMH2 > NMH1

[quote name='OtakuFerret']http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/20/no_more_heroes_red_zone/

It's look like Japan is getting an updated version ("NMH: Red Zone") complete with the NA goodies (improved load times, uncensored blood/gore, NMH2 boss fights) as well as some new exclusive DLC content ("Forbidden Pack" lol) on first-print runs. It reminds me of the International versions of Final Fantasy. I doubt we'll get the "forbidden view" mode but the new katanas and bike colors would be cool.

P.S. LOVE the new cover art.

EDIT: Whoops, Duke.Togo beat me to the punch, sorry! But I agree-- Story: NMH1 > NMH2, Gameplay: NMH2 > NMH1[/QUOTE]

question is, will the Red Zone edition come with English subtitle?...

i think i'm gonna have to agree with the minority of the group here and say i enjoyed NMH1 alot more than i did NMH2. NMH2 did improve a ton over NMH1 do not get me wrong on that they totally did. I think the story however didn't satisfy me as much as part 1 did. And i think the ending of the first was a HUGE disappointment to me. Part 1's ending just felt epic. So me..i'd be VERY down for NMH1 HD and i already have a move so lets rock it.

Also i think you don't need to have the move to play i think you can play it both ways if i'm not mistaken. So even if you don't have it you can just play it regularly =3

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You're right. Sony has absolutely no control over the games for their system or the pricing of games.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you're being so snarky about this? As long as the publisher is staying within their basic guidelines, Sony isn't going to step in with an iron fist and demand that they put both games on the disc or charge a certain price. It's completely asinine that you'd expect them to do that.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Personally, I'll be holding out for $20 or under (as I did with both of the Wii titles), but I probably would have done that regardless.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was gonna post this yesterday after I posted but didn't want to double post and expected somebody else to post it. Honestly, I think we'll probably get whatever DLC that is. It's all hush hush on the info that's coming to the game. I think they are holding out info and adding new stuff with the somewhat recent delay the game got. I guess we'll see? Either way, I'm buying one of these games.

[quote name='Phokis']Hmm, anyone have any experience canceling a walmart order? Is it as painless as Amazon?[/QUOTE]

just as painless when i canceled the Dead Space 2 CE. just gave them a call and order number and it's done.

[quote name='Phokis']Hmm, anyone have any experience canceling a walmart order? Is it as painless as Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I found it to be terrible when I tried to cancel a game earlier this year. I preordered a game in December, then tried to cancel it in January and they told me that it should be cancelled before the game shipped, and my order finally cancelled like a day before the game was due to be released in March. Probably wouldn't have been so bad except I paid using a gift card, and they charged it when I placed the order and didn't refund the total until a couple of days after the order was cancelled.

[quote name='MasterSun1']6-8 months. Definitely "no time."[/QUOTE]

I concur, since its a relatively niche game.

On another note, instead of Heroes Paradise, I'd rather wait until they could port the Red Zone edition coming out in Japan instead (though they announced its for Japan only, bummer). Not much is added, but I'm really aching for the Forbidden View Mode, since Silvia looks mighty fine.

The box art is kickass :D.

images.jpg

EDIT: I was just wondering, is it possible for the Forbidden Pack to be released in the US as a dlc? If the Saboteur's nude pack can do it, why can't this?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakaHina']I concur, since its a relatively niche game.

On another note, instead of Heroes Paradise, I'd rather wait until they could port the Red Zone edition coming out in Japan instead (though they announced its for Japan only, bummer). Not much is added, but I'm really aching for the Forbidden View Mode, since Silvia looks might fine.

The box art is kickass :D.

images.jpg

EDIT: I was just wondering, is it possible for the Forbidden Pack to be released in the US as a dlc? If the Saboteur's nude pack can do it, why can't this?[/QUOTE]

Meh. I'll just wait until someone uploads gameplay of this mode on Youtube in 1080p.

[quote name='gweedyj']is this coming to the 360 as well?[/QUOTE]
From what I have read online, no. It came out in Japan for 360, but when asked if there would be a release in the states on 360, they gave some half-assed 'Oh, the controls don't translate well to Kinect, we don't know what to do with it. The PSMove is like a Wiimote, so it was a bit easier to do that."
The why the fuck did you guys release a 360 copy in Japan?
I'll probably double-dip on this PS3 release and then if it ever comes to 360 here, I'll triple-dip. I love me some NMH.

US PS3 version will have an option to use a regular controller or move...

I think the release history is...

Original Wii version

JP PS360 HD version without motion support (360 kept the blood, PS3 got tonned down)

US PS3 will be the Wii version in HD with new bosses from the 2nd game, "Rebout Mode" and "Viewer Mode", not sure what else if any.

JP HD PS3 Red version will be the same as the US PS3 release plus more shit like

• Ten missions that were not included in the Wii version
  • Boss battle mode and online ranking mode
  • A "forbidden view" mode and other bonuses for the first print run
All that extra stuff is unknown if it will be in the US release or not... I'm thinking not. Hopefully more info will come out... would be good if the Red version has English subs support...

[quote name='BettiePage']US PS3 version will have an option to use a regular controller or move...

I think the release history is...

Original Wii version

JP PS360 HD version without motion support (360 kept the blood, PS3 got tonned down)

US PS3 will be the Wii version in HD with new bosses from the 2nd game, "Rebout Mode" and "Viewer Mode", not sure what else if any.

JP HD PS3 Red version will be the same as the US PS3 release plus more shit like

• Ten missions that were not included in the Wii version
  • Boss battle mode and online ranking mode
  • A "forbidden view" mode and other bonuses for the first print run
All that extra stuff is unknown if it will be in the US release or not... I'm thinking not. Hopefully more info will come out... would be good if the Red version has English subs support...[/QUOTE]

I won't be shock if the US version has the red zone stuff, since they are release around the same time.

bread's done
Back