No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

If the game comes with any extra content that isn't the NMH2 bosses (as of levels/bosses) I will buy it. I don't know that the extra red zone content comes with but those 10 missions actually entail new boss fights, I am in.

It's confirmed... US PS3 version is the same as the JP PS3 Red Zone version. Only difference is the language.

http://gamesugar.net/2011/04/25/travis-touchdown-in-the-red-zone/

"there’s no difference between Red Zone and the Western Heroes’ Paradise (other than one being Japanese and the other in English).”

Based on what they say the US PS3 version will get the 5 boss fights from NMH2 asw well as the 10 missions that was cut from the original Wii version, the character viewer option :) & Online ranking... Guess I can keep my Walmart preorder then.

[quote name='BettiePage']It's confirmed... US PS3 version is the same as the JP PS3 Red Zone version. Only difference is the language.

"there’s no difference between Red Zone and the Western Heroes’ Paradise (other than one being Japanese and the other in English).”

Based on what they say the US PS3 version will get the 5 boss fights from NMH2 asw well as the 10 missions that was cut from the original Wii version, the character viewer option :) & Online ranking... Guess I can keep my Walmart preorder then.[/QUOTE]

Very good news for me, I'll certainly be preordering this. Now if only they can put in an option to use Japanese dialog

[quote name='BettiePage']US PS3 version will have an option to use a regular controller or move...[/QUOTE]

I was just getting ready to ask this question. Definitely picking it up now.

Very interested now since it's got the Red Zone content. If those NMH2 boss fights are actual new levels (not just adding the NMH2 levels) or those 10 extra missions are not just stupid job/assisnation missions, consider me sold. I just don't know if I want to spend $40 on a HD remake since I own both games yet. Maybe for $20.

Anyone on the fence - pick it up. This is one of the reasons I'll buy a PS3, whenever that is. No More Heroes is one of my favorite games. It's just fun.

[quote name='BettiePage']It's confirmed... US PS3 version is the same as the JP PS3 Red Zone version. Only difference is the language.

Based on what they say the US PS3 version will get the 5 boss fights from NMH2 asw well as the 10 missions that was cut from the original Wii version, the character viewer option :) & Online ranking... Guess I can keep my Walmart preorder then.[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight, this won't have NMH2 on the disc, but it will have 5 fights FROM NMH2? That, to me, just seems like a waste, but I guess that way they can release NMH2 later and make more money.

from what i heard they won't be remaking nmh2...which is why they included some fights from it in this game.

[quote name='Lei']from what i heard they won't be remaking nmh2...which is why they included some fights from it in this game.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 should also have NMH2 , I don't understand why they don't want to remake it.

I'll wait out, I'm sure it'll be 30 in a couple of months. Remember paying 50 for part 2 on the Wii and then going down little by little every month.

[quote name='bjstucker']I am on the fence as I really do not want to play this with the Move.[/QUOTE]

Move is optional. I'll be waiting for a price drop myself.

[quote name='dubleo']The PS3 should also have NMH2 , I don't understand why they don't want to remake it.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo may have a lock on it... it was only recently released in 2010.

2010-Jan in NA and 2010-Oct in JP for the Wii

So you may need to wait a good 2 years since...

Original NMH was released in JP in 2007-Dec while the JP HD port was released in 2010-April.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Are they not going to do it on the 360?[/QUOTE]

No English port for the 360... you can import the JP 360... audio is in English but text interface is in JP. Not sure if region locked or not.

They said they didnt do a English port cause they couldnt do motion controls with Kinect while the Move is just a more precise Wii controls. Who knows since move is optional... maybe MS didnt pony up the $ to get a port.

If you look at it... Wii to the new PS3 version is an upgrade in every way while Wii to 360 is only a HD upgrade while you remove motion controls.

Wasn't even aware this game was coming out in the US... it should be $40 anyway considering it's a remake of an old game. Is the 360 coming out here, and is the PS3 version unedited?

[quote name='SlaughterX']Wasn't even aware this game was coming out in the US... it should be $40 anyway considering it's a remake of an old game. Is the 360 coming out here, and is the PS3 version unedited?[/QUOTE]

Dear God look up for the answer on the 360 question.

As for the English PS3 version being unedited, it's hard to tell at this point. The Japanese PS3 version retains a lot of the blood and gore the English Wii version did (no turning to ashes BS), but there were a few edits, like Death Metal not getting decapitated at the end of the #10 fight. I'm not sure they'd go out of their way to bring menial stuff like that back.

the US/EU PS3 version is suppose to be unedited. The new JP PS3 Red Zone is also unedited. The original JP PS3 version was edited.

No US/EU 360 version... at this time.

The current retail is listed as $60... preorder price of $40 only at Walmart at this time. That may change since I have not seen an official Konami press release for this title... the $60 price point could be guesses that Amazon & Gamestop have up.

This is not exactly a port but a remake with new features added in... not sure if it's worth $60 or not since I've never played it before... but I got the preorder for $40+ so I am good. If Amazon lowers their price I can always cancel my Walmart preorder.

As for it doing well... it's a 3 year old game getting a remake... I dont think anyone expects this to do gangbusters but it'll do fine compared to other JP action fighting games ala Fists of the Northstar or those Dynasty Warrior games they pump out.

That is still wayyyyy tooo expensive!!! I got BOTH NMH and NMH2 for under $22 during it's clearance sale!!! Ubi should sell this 4 year old port for under $15 IMHO!

[quote name='oni-link']That is still wayyyyy tooo expensive!!! I got BOTH NMH and NMH2 for under $22 during it's clearance sale!!! Ubi should sell this 4 year old port for under $15 IMHO![/QUOTE]
it's a remake... the graphics are going to look much nicer. plus it's on the ps3 instead of the wii (which i rarely turn on anymore so that's more about convenience for me). under $15 seems asking for a bit much

[quote name='Lei']it's a remake... the graphics are going to look much nicer. plus it's on the ps3 instead of the wii (which i rarely turn on anymore so that's more about convenience for me). under $15 seems asking for a bit much[/QUOTE]

This. Asking for the game to be lower than $40 is like asking any other remake/ports to go the same route. You didn't see Mass Effect 2 PS3 release below $40, even though it had the exact same storyline and gameplay as the 360 ver. Hell, it's still not even sub-$50 at most retailers. Considering NMH is getting such a graphical upgrade from the Wii, as opposed to ME2's slight upgrade from the 360 to PS3 (was there even an upgrade?), it's not surprising to see that they would price it like this.

[quote name='HakaHina']This. Asking for the game to be lower than $40 is like asking any other remake/ports to go the same route. You didn't see Mass Effect 2 PS3 release below $40, even though it had the exact same storyline and gameplay as the 360 ver. Hell, it's still not even sub-$50 at most retailers. Considering NMH is getting such a graphical upgrade from the Wii, as opposed to ME2's slight upgrade from the 360 to PS3 (was there even an upgrade?), it's not surprising to see that they would price it like this.[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect 2 for PS3 had all the DLC minus the weapons and Arrival which would be another 25 or so dollars. Add in another $20 for mass effect 2 and that's $45 right there. They are also charging another $15 for the works of re translating it for PSN so $60 is fair. $40 is fair for NMH if you never played it, it's a great game. Plus they do have to rework the graphics and everything.

[quote name='oni-link']that is still wayyyyy tooo expensive!!! I got both nmh and nmh2 for under $22 during it's clearance sale!!! Ubi should sell this 4 year old port for under $15 imho![/quote]

omg yes exclamation point!!!!

[quote name='HakaHina']This. Asking for the game to be lower than $40 is like asking any other remake/ports to go the same route.[/QUOTE]

They absolutely should though. It's ridiculous when the PS3 gets like a year old port of a 360 game and it's priced at sixty dollars when you could pick the 360 version up for ten. Most of these late ports shouldn't be higher than $30 imo.

[quote name='rainking187']They absolutely should though. It's ridiculous when the PS3 gets like a year old port of a 360 game and it's priced at sixty dollars when you could pick the 360 version up for ten. Most of these late ports shouldn't be higher than $30 imo.[/QUOTE]

You're kind of assuming that everyone has both a PS3 and a 360. For those lone PS3 owners, they pay the same price as the 360 owners did when they bought the game in Feb last year, plus dlcs and extra content. If the PS3 port released sub-$60, a lot of 360-only owners would feel shafted.

I've been eagerly anticipating this being a huge NMH fan, I was fully willing to give $60 to support more NMH (god knows the series is one of the most original out there, but it doesn't make any money) but my's tight, and I sure won't mind if I can get it cheaper.

Hmm. This is showing up in my Gold Box quick picks today, but, of course, the discount is based on the $60 MSRP that Amazon has listed. If I preorder this and they drop it to $40, will the price adjust to recognize that I ordered it as a GB quick pick and give me 5% off on top of that?

Kind of a weird question but I'm just trying to decide whether to get it now or wait to see if it drops to $40 before release then appears in my Gold Box again. My quick picks can be temperamental and give me 5% discounts on vacuum filters and hummingbird feeders for weeks between games.

Interesting thing is amazon lists the MSRP as $40. I hope this is true. I have so much GS credit saved up but I much rather order this from amazon if I can find some stuff to convert GS to amazon credit.

Amazon matching this is awesome, if only because it might confirm a $39.99 MSRP; if that's truly the case, I'll be getting this from Kmart as I found out from SHC-Gamer himself that there will be a deal for Heroes' Paradise when it releases.

Nice cancelled my Walmart order and placed one with Amazon with my sub account... if this shows up in my gold box/deal of the day on my main account I will order it again.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I have a feeling this will be the games regular MSRP[/QUOTE]

Amazon's list price seems to confirm as much.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You're right. Sony has absolutely no control over the games for their system or the pricing of games.[/QUOTE]

I'm late to this thread, but the dude you're responding to is right - Sony can't control third-party prices, due to antitrust laws.

[quote name='Lugi']Anyone on the fence - pick it up. This is one of the reasons I'll buy a PS3, whenever that is. No More Heroes is one of my favorite games. It's just fun.[/QUOTE]

More like, this is a reason to get a move controller. I bought the original Heroes Paradise (import) & it just wasn't the same as slashing ppl to death with a wiimote. This is the HD remake done right, with even more extra shit.

Also NMH1 > NMH2.

Just popped up in my Amazon quick picks today, so I got it locked in for around $38. Hope they throw in a bonus before it ships tho. :)

Deepdiscount.com has it for 39.87, so for all those who haven't discovered amazon or just doesn't like ordering from them, there is another choice beyond walmart and amazon. Advice for those who doesn't order from amazon, get your heads checked!

Popped up in my gold box/daily deals... saved $2 more off list.

If someone preordered this back when it was $60... gold box savings should of been $3... and so you can now call up CS and have em adjust the price down to $40... your gold box savings should still be $3.

I preordered at 60 with 3 discount. The order was automatically updated to 40 with 2 discount. This has always happened with all my gold box preorders.

bread's done
Back