No More New GBA at GS/EB

baddasspk

CAG Veteran
EB/GS has now stopped selling new GBA games, and in fact has converted all their left over new stock of GBA to used (just like Cube a few weeks ago). You might be able to pick up some seeled GBA games at used prices.

Yeah, been looking for the new GBA Spyro game for the wife and no luck at all with B&M. Looks like online only if we really wanna get it.
-G

Aren't there still GBA games being released. Doesn't make sense to do that with a non dead system unless they are planning on selling used games over new MSRP like with some of the GCN games

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Aren't there still GBA games being released. Doesn't make sense to do that with a non dead system unless they are planning on selling used games over new MSRP like with some of the GCN games[/QUOTE]

Pretty much only shovelware coming out on the GBA now. And not even much of that. Here's the full release list from IGN.

November 13, 2007 Petz: Hamsterz Life 2 Ubisoft Virtual Pet

November 2007 Bee Game, The Midway Games Platformer

November 2007 Enchanted: Once Upon Andalasia Disney Interactive Studios Action

TBA 2007 Dark Light O~3 Entertainment RPG

TBA 2007 DICE: DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises Bandai Action

TBA 2008 Madagascar 2 Activision Action

this isn't really that shocking. nintendo released statement that they where officially stopping support on the gba and all it's games/systems back in like august.

They WILL be trashing those boxes and manuals so hurry if you're into that sort of thing. It's just how gamestop does things. Poorly.

I got scurge for 4.99 brand new today. Almost got FF VI for 19.99 but didnt have the cash. Also picked up Klonoa EoD for 4.99 used. score

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT]Many gamers are surprised that one of the only remaining retail chains dedicated to video games (and movies) would pull a Sega and discontinue systems that still have games being made for them.[/FONT]

What? Last games for GC & Xbox was Madden 08 and I doubt EA will release Madden 09 for those. So the way I see it, those systems are dead.

Yeah, I know the GC was supposed to get a Power Rangers game as the last game, but that got moved to the Wii.

It's just Gamestop moving old stock in hopes of actually selling it. Don't know about other GS stores, but the one's I go to are pretty limited on space they have. So while they convert the new stuff to used, it gives space for next gen games.

this is also beside the fact that by doing this, GS will pay no cut to nintendo for selling these products due to them all being used now, GS gets 100% of the profit.

[quote name='SL4IN']this is also beside the fact that by doing this, GS will pay no cut to nintendo for selling these products due to them all being used now, GS gets 100% of the profit.[/QUOTE]

Um... GS already paid the cut to Nintendo (or the publisher) when they originally purchased the games from them originally.

bread's done
Back