'No more rewards' or 'The Day CAG killed Recyclebank/Kashless"

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok, killed is a strong word. But the rewards programs are over and I'm sure we had something to do with it. Here is the message from Kashless and Recyclebank

Recyclebank:

Since you have earned RecycleBank Points through Kashless in the past, we want to let you know that as of Friday, April 16, 2010, Kashless is no longer offering its rewards program. That means you will no longer be able to earn RecycleBank Points for your green actions and activity on Kashless.org.

If you earned points prior to April 16, 2010 from Kashless.org, you will see them in your RecycleBank Account within 24 hours of earning them. You will still be able to redeem those points for RecycleBank Rewards, such as deals on groceries, gift cards, and more.

We encourage you to check out all of the other ways to earn RecycleBank Points:

- Home recycling
- Electronics recycling
- The Gconomy™ Visa® Card
- Signing up for the eBay Green Team

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Kashless:
Kashless Rewards Ending (for now)

At Kashless.org, we try to make it easy to do the right thing: Reuse to extend our natural resources as far as possible. We have a great web site that makes Reuse super easy and safe. In addition to making better software for Reuse, we have experimented with ways to increase the value to you to Reuse instead of throw away or leave something unused. The web site has a great user reputation system, tracks the pounds of stuff you divert from the landfill, and calculates carbon offsets generated by your Reuse.
In November of last year Kashless.org launched the Kashless Rewards program in partnership with Recyclebank to bring you even more value for your Reuse activities. By participating in the Kashless.org Reuse community members have been able to earn reward points which can be redeemed for hundreds of valuable items from companies that support going green. During the last six months of the Kashless Rewards program:
- Kashless.org has issued over 3 million Reward points
- Over 40,000 new members have joined the Kashless.org Reuse community
- Over 200,000 items have been listed by our Kashless.org members for Reuse (in addition to the over 1,000,000 items listed through partner web sites – a 20% increase in reuse listings nationwide!).
- Over 500,000 pounds of reusable items are not in the landfills.
By any measurement, the Kashless Rewards program has significantly increased interest in and utilization of Reuse.
As a not for profit, Kashless.org is always in search of the best ways to promote our Reuse mission with the limited resources available. As of today, our resources to support the free Rewards benefits have expired and we are closing down the Rewards program (for now). While Kashless Rewards has come to an end, members can still use Kashless.org stay green and to give and get free stuff. Members who have earned Rewards points can access their balances over at RecycleBank at anytime. Kashless.org will continue to explore ways to increase value to our members and encourage a dynamic Reuse community world-wide.
Thanks for being a member and keep on reusing!
Martin Tobias, CEO

So, it looks like you're ok if you have points right now. But not really sure whats left to use them on and you won't be able (at least for now) to earn anymore by posting things like "Air"

Yeah...got those too...made me feel kind of bad...poor old Kashless, they had good intentions...just got in over their heads.

I saw this and thought the exact same thing.

I had already deleted my Kashless account. It was too much, and I think the rewards had already stopped working.

I got the e-mail too and I admit to feeling at least a little bit bad, since I did the saved search glitch to get enough points to get something from Recycle Bank, only to find that even the year of Pogo codes had been taken down over there.

So now unless I want a girlie magainze(Marie Claire, etc) for a year, I have bupkiss to spend the 240 points I have on.:roll:

Quick, somebody tell me what these points can be turned into CVS or Safeway-wise. Food savings are not mere trifles!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's the kind of attitude that reflects very poorly on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I mean to say I'm sure it wasn't just CAGs who killed the rewards program. It's all the lurkers out there who probably killed the program.

bread's done
Back