No sound with new arcade 360 (HDMI)

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
I know, I know, there was supposed to be a fix for the no sound issue already released. I've updated the console when I bought it and now it occasionally has no sound when I start the console.

I've tried plugging and unplugging the HDMI cable and that seems to work, but I can't be sure. Is there still ongoing problems? Is it likely my cable that is the issue? I bought a cable from monoprice.com.

This happens to me too a lot and I was unaware that it was a problem that other people were having.

My TV has 4 HDMI slots. First time this happened, I unplugged it from the 1st and put it in the 2nd and it worked. Problem happened again a few weeks later. Turned off the TV and turned it back on and the sound came back.

That's how I fix mine. Hope it helps you out a little bit!

ps - My cable is also from monoprice.com

I wonder if there are any other HDMI cables out there (retail) that don't cost an arm and leg. I'm really thinking this is my issue here.

Rarely upon booting up, I receive an incompatible video single message on my tv through HDMI. I change the function on the Sony receiver I use, since my 360 goes into the surround sound receiver first and then into the LCD TV I have, and then back and it's fine. I don't know if this will work for you or not.

Check your audio settings on the 360 and make sure they're at digital (digital stereo or dolby 5.1). Was the HDMI cable you bought a category 1.3a? You should probably buy another cable from monoprice. I also read if the TV has digital noise reduction enabled, it should be turned off.

Mine does this occasionally too. I have it running through my Onkyo receiver. I think it happens when I adjust the volume on the receiver while the console is booting up. Shutting restarting the console always fixes it though.

bread's done
Back