No tax psn/xbl cards?

ProblEmZ

CAGiversary!
I live in Washington state and got my ps3 a few weeks before bf, thanks to CAG i've got a decent library for my ps3.

Now the question is where can i find no tax psn cards, the xbl is also for washingtonians who can't get cheaper cards or items through amazon.

Heck a list of states with sites with no tax could help american CAG peeps out.

I don't think any states tax the actual cards. However, the games on PSN do get taxed, which annoying as hell. For example, you get a $20 PSN card for 20 bucks. You buy Shatter for 4.99+~.50 in tax.

Don't quote me on this though. In NY at least, our cards are tax free, but the games aren't.

I just bought a $20 PSN card at K-mart since my $15 gaming purchase was about to expire and there was 0 tax and that's in 9% CA.

The tax is built into the cards ( or something about it being for digital good. One or the other ) So If they charge you tax. Walk out lol.

The only you get charged tax is if you use your CC on your account and buy it directly.

[quote name='Mako1215']The tax is built into the cards ( or something about it being for digital good. One or the other ) So If they charge you tax. Walk out lol.

The only you get charged tax is if you use your CC on your account and buy it directly.[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ. I've been charged tax on PSN purchases at least 2-3 times now, yet just a few months ago I wasn't.

Do you mean buying the card?

I've never been charged tax on the card. I believe it is built into the card. I know the MS points are anyway.

my ps3 is set for las vegas as my address live in new york bought a game and a movie few weeks ago still didnt charge tax. i only got taxed on 1 psn card purchase (which i bitched about it and had it removed by the manager at blockbuster) how is it at all fair to get taxed twice once on the card then when you buy the game

[quote name='Mako1215']Do you mean buying the card?

I've never been charged tax on the card. I believe it is built into the card. I know the MS points are anyway.[/QUOTE]
No. I mean buying crap on PSN. I wasn't charged tax and then two weeks later when I went to buy more shit on there I was assessed the 6% sales tax for PA.:roll:

So something changed within that two week period and I don't like it. That means that now a $20 card is only worth $18.80.

i live in new jersey. purchasing psn cards in stores don't get taxed. i pay tax when i use the card balance in the psn store. that makes me feel ripped off, so i only purchase cards when they are on sale. last time target had them on sale i bought $100 worth.

[quote name='Mako1215']I never get taxed.

I bought something for 14.99. Still got 5.01 left on my account.
:whistle2:k :whistle2:k It's weird.[/QUOTE]

where do you live/where does your playstation think you live?

I line in NC and just got charged tax for online purchase of a game on psn with psn card. First time they charged me tax online. As for the stores and buying the psn card blockbuster charges tax but target did not.

PSN cards should never be taxed. PSN purchases are taxed on the PlayStation Network depending on the state you live in. Xbox Live Cards are not taxed either and Xbox Live purchases are not taxed because it's not an actual USD value, it's Microsoft Points, the government can't very well take Microsoft Points as a tax. Maybe the tax is pre-figured per card and is already added into the $20 but that's not something I would know, plus it would mean it would vary by state if that was the case so I doubt that's very likely either.

Edit:
Also for most purchases online where you are not charged tax, most states have a law where you need to claim those purchases on your taxes and then pay the sales taxes on them.

bread's done
Back