Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, saturn games too!

WildVulture

CAGiversary!
Hey all!
I've been listening to the CAGcast for a little while now, but just decided to register. I'm finally getting around to tracking down some of the rarer games I want in my collection, and I was hoping you guys could help me out some. I'm trying to bag copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, both of the PS2 Digital Devil Saga games (preferably the deluxe box...), Dungeons and Dragons collection for the Saturn and Dragon Force (US) on the Saturn.
I know none of those are going to be Cheap, but I've had a ton of trouble tracking them down, so I figured I'd ask fro help here and keep an eye on my watch lists on ebay. At worst maybe I can get a good idea of what's a fair price for any of these.

I've been doing the same thing. If you want prices, this is what i found to be fair.

Digital Devil Saga 1: $50
Digital Devil Saga 2: $25
Nocturne: As low as $60, as high as $80

Expensive as hell......

Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
Well, that sounds about right. I was budgeting around 75 for both DDS games, so that's good. But man, Nocturne just never dropped even a little. If I can get that for $60, I'll be happy. Ebay is so inflated on it right now though. I guess with the release of Fes, all SMT games are seeing a little bump. Good for Atlus; bad for me.

I just picked up the LE of Nocturne for $73 from a CAG and am happy with it. I'd previously seen a bunch couple of disc only copies of it at nearby gamestops. You might want to do some hunting at gamestop as this weeks 25% off coupon would be well suited for Nocturne.

[quote name='the_punisher']What? 25% off? Did i miss something?

Hmm, maybe i will go to gamestop.[/quote]

It's the weekly special email coupon. 25% off used games, and it stacks with the Edge discount. It's a GREAT coupon this week.

Check the Video Game Deals forum and search the forum for coupon. Here is the topic:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177559

That coupon is sweetness - 25% off all used GC. XBox, or PS2 games, but YMMV beyond 3 games as it is limit 3 games per person...

If you have a store with a lot of the rarer or harder to find used RPGs, complete and in good shape, then this is a sweet deal.

Yes, this week's coupon is 25% off PS2, Xbox, and GameCube games. GameStop sells Nocturne for $60. So, with the coupon, you'd save $15...another $6 if you have the Edge card. If you're able to find a complete copy, that's a steal.

Whoa, that is a great deal. I'm cutting out of the office early today; there's a gamestop that's sorta/kinda on my way, but I've never been. I'm heading over there with my coupon, and hope for the best!
Thanks for the heads up everyone, this is a really awesome community.

The Edge Card is GameStop's/EB's discount card. You can get it in the store. It's $15 for a year, and it comes with a year of Game Informer magazine. There was a thread on here about a $2 card, minus the magazine, available through a send away promotion, but in the thread about the changes to GS.com, someone was saying they couldn't get their send away card to work online, and that it had a different sticker than the ones you get in store.

Oh, and what the Edge Card does is it gives you:

- 10% off used games and accessories, now in store or online
- 10% bonus on all trade ins of games and accessories (supposedly there are also suppose to start a "credit" program that gives you more bonuses for trading games in)
- I think you also get a discount on strategy guides, but I haven't bought a strategy guide in over 10 years, so I don't know

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The Edge Card is GameStop's/EB's discount card. You can get it in the store. It's $15 for a year, and it comes with a year of Game Informer magazine. There was a thread on here about a $2 card, minus the magazine, available through a send away promotion, but in the thread about the changes to GS.com, someone was saying they couldn't get their send away card to work online, and that it had a different sticker than the ones you get in store.

Oh, and what the Edge Card does is give you:

- 10% off used games and accessories, now in store or online
- 10% bonus on all trade ins of games and accessories (supposedly there are also suppose to start a "credit" program that gives you more bonuses for trading games in)
- I think you also get a discount on strategy guides, but I haven't bought a strategy guide in over 10 years, so I don't know[/quote]

Ew, $15. Pass.

[quote name='the_punisher']Ew, $15. Pass.[/quote]

There is also a thread somewhere on CAG where you can mail order a edge card for 2$, but it will take a few weeks and the 25% off deal will have ended.

[quote name='the_punisher']I've been doing the same thing. If you want prices, this is what i found to be fair.

Digital Devil Saga 1: $50
Digital Devil Saga 2: $25
Nocturne: As low as $60, as high as $80

Expensive as hell......[/quote]

I'd bring DDS1 up to about $70 - $90 for a complete copy and DDS2 up to $30.

OP, try the trading forums. I know a few folks on there have some of these up. I know Refusedchaos has a copy of DDS1.

[quote name='thelonepig']I'd bring DDS1 up to about $70 - $90 for a complete copy and DDS2 up to $30.

OP, try the trading forums. I know a few folks on there have some of these up. I know Refusedchaos has a copy of DDS1.[/quote]

Hm. Maybe we should bump DDS1 to $60 for a FAIR price. And i'd make DDS2 $25, at least that's what it's going for on ebay....

Alos, i'm pretty sure refusedchaos has 1 and 2, which is hella expensive

Well, if anyone can make it to either Hilltop Mall in Richmond or Serramonte Center in Daly City, both apparently have used copies of Nocturne. 35% off gives you a total of $39 + tax, which is just fantastic.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Well, if anyone can make it to either Hilltop Mall in Richmond or Serramonte Center in Daly City, both apparently have used copies of Nocturne. 35% off gives you a total of $39 + tax, which is just fantastic.[/quote]

Holy fuck. How do you know? If anyone could get 1 for me, i'd pay you, and we'd be BFF!

Go to google and type "nocturne used" into it. The first link should be a link to Gamestop's used game page for Nocturne. Put in your zip code and it'll show you a list of the nearest places that have the game in stock as of this morning. I've found it to be fairly accurate, although you never know what condition/completeness you're getting until you go. You can do the same thing for DDS, Ar Tonelico, etc, if you wanna find out about those.

And if I thought I could make it to either of those places, I wouldn't have mentioned it. They're just a little too out of the way for me, generally speaking.

[quote name='karkyco']It's the weekly special email coupon. 25% off used games, and it stacks with the Edge discount. It's a GREAT coupon this week.

Check the Video Game Deals forum and search the forum for coupon. Here is the topic:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177559

That coupon is sweetness - 25% off all used GC. XBox, or PS2 games, but YMMV beyond 3 games as it is limit 3 games per person...

If you have a store with a lot of the rarer or harder to find used RPGs, complete and in good shape, then this is a sweet deal.[/quote]
it does say up to 3 games per visit.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Well, if anyone can make it to either Hilltop Mall in Richmond or Serramonte Center in Daly City, both apparently have used copies of Nocturne. 35% off gives you a total of $39 + tax, which is just fantastic.[/quote]

The GS in Serramonte doesn't have Nocturne. I talked about it awhile ago in another thread.

Basically, around midnight, I noticed they just received it in-store. Since Serramonte is just five minutes away from me, I had it planned out to pick it up the immediate next day. Went there, asked for Nocturne, but the employee told me it was being held for his co-worker. I was pissed off, but in all my waiting, a copy popped up in Stonestown Galleria, which I promptly picked up. Copy was mint and complete, looked like new.

I'm not exactly sure why they still haven't updated that the Serramonte Nocturne is gone, but there could be a slight chance it's in a drawer somewhere. Hopefully, someone gets a clueless employee to sell it to them.

[quote name='spamfree2']DDS2 is 17.99 used at GS. I think new copies are 19.99

[quote name='TahoeMax']Go to google and type "nocturne used" into it. The first link should be a link to Gamestop's used game page for Nocturne. Put in your zip code and it'll show you a list of the nearest places that have the game in stock as of this morning. I've found it to be fairly accurate, although you never know what condition/completeness you're getting until you go. You can do the same thing for DDS, Ar Tonelico, etc, if you wanna find out about those.

And if I thought I could make it to either of those places, I wouldn't have mentioned it. They're just a little too out of the way for me, generally speaking.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on the game finding tool. According to their website, there's an ebgames in Westchester that has what I want, so I'm heading down after work. The one on my way home was a bust, but I'm not giving up! There's gotta be a copy around me before this coupon runs out!

Well, thanks much for all the help here you guys! I went to the Gamestop in Westchester, NY and they had Nocturne, DDS1 (with soundtrack) and DDS2!
I used my coupon and a gift card I had lying around, and walked out with all three games after paying a paltry 11 bucks. So awesome. Thanks for the help from you guys, I can't believe that after years of scouring game stores in Jersey and New York, it took you all just 48 hours to find me a copy.
CAGs rule.

Wow, that's a serious score. I've never seen a store with that kind of selection. You're generally very lucky to find either DDS1 OR Nocturne, but both is almost unheard of unless some sucker just dumped all of his RPGs at once a couple days ago

Yea, I really can't believe my luck. It was about an hour out of my way, but well worth it. They did have another copy of DDS1 and DDS2 for anyone who lives in New York and looking for them. The DDS2 is disc only though.

I always make a point to check out video game stores in the less affluent cities.. For example, last week I bagged a new copy of Ar Tonelico w/ the Artbook for MSRP.

bread's done
Back