NOn-Blockbuster Movie Recommendations?

Furashu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hi i was wondering if you guys could recommend me some movies that arent block buster films...

i enjoy horror,action,thriller,sci fi, comedies pretty much all movies.

the only movie i can currently think of is... city of god.

any other recommendations?

i have seen oldboy, the descent, cashback, hostel, full metal jacket, memento, the machinist, zoolander, and liked those.

just recommend movies you liked and thought were good.

Non... hmm. I think Grandma's boy, Kickin it old skool for the ones like Zoolander. Severance seems like the descent a bit. I just like Blood Car. and... that's all I got.

Rolling Kansas is a good comedy that no ones ever seen.

Grandma's Boy is pretty good as well so I followed the comedy theme.

Edit: bonus pick for you: SherryBaby

watched it the other day.... 4 words hot naked Maggie Gyllenhaal

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick: The Life & Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist

It's an amazing documentary.

On that same page, The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes is mesmerizing.

A little more mainstream but probably more on par for what you are looking for, go track down Brazil immediately.

Other obvious movies you should watch as soon as possible: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Psycho, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Citizen Kane, Double Indemnity, Nixon, Cool Hand Luke

Well, there are a lot. Let's see... To start, Der Untergang, Throne of Blood, Metropolis, City of God (even though it grossed a lot), Leon, and Breathless.

I'll second In Bruges, great comedy that most people probably overlooked. Sunshine is also another good selection. I'll add Chungking Express, it's Chinese movie so it'll be subtitled but it's a nice little drama by my favorite director, Wong Kar Wai.

Yeah Leon (aka "The Professional") is excellent.

Pitch Black
The Others
Army of Darkness
Ronin
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Grosse Point Blank
Ghost Dog

Go watch

Inside (french horror), Infernal Affairs (HK crime movie that departed was based on), the rest of park chanwooks films like JSA, Lady Vengeance, Mr. Vengeance. REC is a good spanish horror film, its what Quarantine is based on.

Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, DeadAlive/Brain Dead, Dance of the Dead, Frontiers(another french horror), Hatchet, Tae Guk Gi(Korean war film), Fulltime Killer, Jack Brooks Monster Slayer, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Lock Stock, My Name is Bruce, Memories of Murder, Outpost, Ping Pong Playa, The Roost, Serenity, Severance, The Signal, Slumber Party Massacre, Snatch, Strangers, Teeth, Versus...sick of typing.

EDIT: In Bruges is a great dark comedy. The baby/chocolate joke was awesome. almost had me in tears. another funny comedy until the last half hour is Sex is Zero, its a korean comedy like american pie....but then gets really dramatic like most korean films.

the man from earth

eat drink man woman

kikujiro

brother

night of the demons

rosewood

the gate

house

the red violin

the protector

bread's done