Non-Nintendo Game Boy Player

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
I have seen an accessory in TRU that says it plays GBA games on Gamecube, but it is different from the normal Game Boy Player. This device plugs in to a memory card port and is smaller than the GBA itself. It claims on to be compatible with GBA games but says nothing about GBC or original GB games. Does anyone have one or know anything about these?

[quote name='onikage']I have seen an accessory in TRU that says it plays GBA games on Gamecube, but it is different from the normal Game Boy Player. This device plugs in to a memory card port and is smaller than the GBA itself. It claims on to be compatible with GBA games but says nothing about GBC or original GB games. Does anyone have one or know anything about these?[/quote]

Yea its a new accesory(i put this new item out today while at work) I had to do a double take, looks really easy, its only 35$ also

I've had the player for awhile and enjoy it. An earlier poster said they saw it for $35. That's a rip off. I picked mine up at the local GameStop new for $20. Mine plays GB, GBC, and GBA games. However Datel released a newer version which lets you hack AR codes for GBA games. I think that one is GBA-only. It's been out for around a year by now.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I've had the player for awhile and enjoy it. An earlier poster said they saw it for $35. That's a rip off. I picked mine up at the local GameStop new for $20. Mine plays GB, GBC, and GBA games. However Datel released a newer version which lets you hack AR codes for GBA games. I think that one is GBA-only. It's been out for around a year by now.[/quote]

I was thinking about getting one at a TRU store closing for about $17.50. Does yours look different from the one at lik-sang, or is it the same? Did the older version have different packaging?

[quote name='DenisDFat']The Datel one won't play Awesome gam,es Like Mario & Luigi.[/quote]

What! A DenisDFat post without “sucks” in it? :shock:

I had one for a while, it was Datel brand. It only played GBA games & it didn't play them very well. Everything was either choppy(pinball of the dead) or super slow(doom). I definatly would not recommend it. However if there is a newer version out maybe they've improved it. The problem with it is that they are emulating the gba were the nintendo GBplayer is actual hardware...

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='GTZ_NSR']I've had the player for awhile and enjoy it. An earlier poster said they saw it for $35. That's a rip off. I picked mine up at the local GameStop new for $20. Mine plays GB, GBC, and GBA games. However Datel released a newer version which lets you hack AR codes for GBA games. I think that one is GBA-only. It's been out for around a year by now.[/quote]

I was thinking about getting one at a TRU store closing for about $17.50. Does yours look different from the one at lik-sang, or is it the same? Did the older version have different packaging?[/quote]

It looks a little different. That's a really good price on it though....

[quote name='peteloaf']I had one for a while, it was Datel brand. It only played GBA games & it didn't play them very well. Everything was either choppy(pinball of the dead) or super slow(doom). I definatly would not recommend it. However if there is a newer version out maybe they've improved it. The problem with it is that they are emulating the gba were the nintendo GBplayer is actual hardware... [/quote]

Really? That's odd. I've never had a problem with slowdown or games being choppy. My only problem is that it's short on features.

[quote name='peteloaf']I had one for a while, it was Datel brand. It only played GBA games & it didn't play them very well. Everything was either choppy(pinball of the dead) or super slow(doom). I definatly would not recommend it. However if there is a newer version out maybe they've improved it. The problem with it is that they are emulating the gba were the nintendo GBplayer is actual hardware...[/quote]

Exactly what I've heard, just stick to Nintendo. Everyone should know that when it comes to these kinds of things.

I have the datel version, it doesn't play anything but GBA games. It works fine, I have none of the problems other people have talked about. What I don't like about it or the official one is you have to put a disk in to load the software before you can play the game.

bread's done
Back