Non-Online Games with endless replay value?

Black ants vs White ants.

1) Turn your Tv to a channel with static.
2) The White ants are your team - use them to defeat the black ants! Remember that you control the white ants with your mind

For a real challenge - try switching it around and controlling the black ants.

[quote name='Kayden']Diablo 2.[/QUOTE]

The offline version of D2 is incredibly boring... But thats after playing the online one for years.

If it wasn't for hacked items I would still be playing D2 online.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Ugh, that game is so freakin tiring. 12 hours in, I gave it up.[/QUOTE]

For that game, 12 hours is the tip of the tip of tip of the atom of the tip of the iceberg.

[quote name='Vegan']For that game, 12 hours is the tip of the tip of tip of the atom of the tip of the iceberg.[/QUOTE]

About 1/4 if you just want to complete the story mode... I wish they would just make a damn true sequel.

It's kinda pointless after 80 hours though; I can kill the last boss with one character in about 3 moves.

Shadowrun - Sega Genesis
Snatcher - Sega CD
Fallout 1 & 2 - PC
Football Manager 2005 - PC
Pirates Gold - Sega Genesis
Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea

[quote name='Vegan']For that game, 12 hours is the tip of the tip of tip of the atom of the tip of the iceberg.[/QUOTE]

and, I found the game insufferable by that time.

[quote name='camoor']1) Turn your Tv to a channel with static.[/QUOTE]

My digital television doesn't have black or white ants. Just lots of weird blocks.

Any good multiplayer game, if you have friends.[quote name='capitalist_mao']Is it worth the $10 at TRU (legitimate question)?[/QUOTE]It was well worth the $40 I paid on release day for my preorder. $10 is a no-brainer. :lol:

Morrowind - especially with mods
Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers (the old-school pc game)

Ironically enough, the offline mode of Phantasy Star Online for GCN has probably gotten more play than anything else in my library... I can't explain it myself

[quote name='orphicblue']Ironically enough, the offline mode of Phantasy Star Online for GCN has probably gotten more play than anything else in my library... I can't explain it myself[/QUOTE]
I always wanted to play this, but the only version I can find is for the Xbox, which is online only and thus not desirable.

MGS2, to me, had endless replay value. Then again, that's one of the games I like to time attack. I'm trying to get my very easy run sub 1:30 :D

Any games with multiplayer (different people should be a different experience each time). I know Mario Kart series, Puzzle Fighter (sometimes), any fighter or those musical simulations (DDR, PIU).

I just hate the Sims. I don't know how anyone plays it, but it's funny since I could go hours playing any MMORPG. If anyone gives me a good Sims game that I could play for 6+ hours sure great, otherwise reality doesn't really get to me.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I just hate the Sims. I don't know how anyone plays it, but it's funny since I could go hours playing any MMORPG. If anyone gives me a good Sims game that I could play for 6+ hours sure great, otherwise reality doesn't really get to me.[/QUOTE]

I like using the Sims as a social experiment. I don't care about cheating, so I get tons of cash. Then, I build confusing houses with grumpy and mean men or women and let them at it.

I made a house with 8 men that all had bad personalities. I made them all go inside and I removed the door. From there, I continuously made the house more and more irritating. I made a maze to the bathroom. I made moats and I shrank the house. You can have some fun with the sims.

I always had a lot of fun with rollercoaster tycoon. Even after I would win a scenario, I would continue building my theme park until it was insanely big with tons of rides. It was one of the few sim-type games that I was any good at.

gta san andreas
urban reign
super punch out
super mario world + smb 3
mgs 3
syphon filter
perfect dark
wwf no mercy
max payne 2

for now thats what I can remember

[quote name='capitalist_mao']I like using the Sims as a social experiment. I don't care about cheating, so I get tons of cash. Then, I build confusing houses with grumpy and mean men or women and let them at it.

I made a house with 8 men that all had bad personalities. I made them all go inside and I removed the door. From there, I continuously made the house more and more irritating. I made a maze to the bathroom. I made moats and I shrank the house. You can have some fun with the sims.

I always had a lot of fun with rollercoaster tycoon. Even after I would win a scenario, I would continue building my theme park until it was insanely big with tons of rides. It was one of the few sim-type games that I was any good at.[/QUOTE]

You know I never thought of doing it like it. Maybe I'm just too good nature ;]. Oh I forgot Rollercoaster Tycoon, damn that was fun. Time consuming fun. I never tried Zoo err Tycoon or other ones like that.. otherwise I suggest those too.

Stepmania
Fallout 1,2
Duke Nukem 3D with user maps
Animal Crossing
DOA Volleyball (100+ hrs)
Diablo
Legend of Mana (75+ hrs)

Not all are certainly endless, but I can, and have, seen myself play these games for a very long time.

Enter The Matrix
-I find the Training construct incredibly fun, I love the fighting in that game
Dynasty Warriors 3
-Playing split-screen manages to overshadow the repition, getting all of the content makes for an almost unlimited amount of replay value, and an inscentive to keep playing
Metal Gear Solid 2
-Finding each dogtag is compelling, and worth the extra challenge
Metal Gear Solid 3
-Fighting "The End" is a remarkably unique experience, that I love playing again and again

(Puzzle Games,Fighting Games, and other Multiplayer games are excluded)

Get the Atari Anniversay Redux collection for the PSone and you won't have to put in another disc for a month. Say what you want about the Capcom, Namco, Tecmo, Sega or Taito compilations but that Atari retro disc is the single best collection ever put out IMHO.

The only two games it was missing that would have made it complete to me were the Star Wars Arcade (Probably license restriction.) and Red Baron. Maybe Major Havoc as well or iRobot.

bread's done
Back