Non paying bidder

m0dem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Most non paying bidders are people with 0 feedback and recently registed so I put in my auctions that people with 0 feedback must contact me before placing a bid. So this guy doesnt contact me and I just cancel his bid. Usually nonpaying bidders dont want to waste the time to contact you. So he emails me saying that he intends to pay with paypal and if he could please bid on my auction because he would like to win the item. I let him bid and the auction ends and he doesnt respond to my emails or the unpaid item dispute. I get my final value fee back but I still had to go through the whole 2 week process and now I have to pay the fee again to relist it. People who do this shit are just assholes.

This is why google needs to step up and start an online auction site.
Ebay is currently the only real option people have to sell their stuff online.
Ebay is pisspoor about helping out sellers and letting a bunch of assholes and kids screw up auctions with no penalties whatso ever.

Im in the middle of a non paying bidder right now and having to wait 2 weeks just to get a refund for ur listing and selling fee is BS.

I normally dont accept any bids from anyone with less then +5 feedback
but this +1 guy won my auction with buy it now.... so.. im pretty much screwed at this point.

You would think with the INSANE amount of money ebay/paypal makes off sellers that they could protect sellers from all this BS... but they dont..
And wont until they have compitetion from some big company...i.e google.

I recently had a non paying bidder he/she has over 30 feedbacks 100% positive feedback rating it is not just the 0 feedback bidders that do not pay I filed a npb dispute received final value fee credit but not the insertion & BIN fees & I had to relist the item. Why should sellers foot the bill for non paying bidders? NPB should pay all the seller's fees if they bid & do not pay.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']This is why google needs to step up and start an online auction site.
Ebay is currently the only real option people have to sell their stuff online.
Ebay is pisspoor about helping out sellers and letting a bunch of assholes and kids screw up auctions with no penalties whatso ever.

Im in the middle of a non paying bidder right now and having to wait 2 weeks just to get a refund for ur listing and selling fee is BS.

I normally dont accept any bids from anyone with less then +5 feedback
but this +1 guy won my auction with buy it now.... so.. im pretty much screwed at this point.

You would think with the INSANE amount of money ebay/paypal makes off sellers that they could protect sellers from all this BS... but they dont..
And wont until they have compitetion from some big company...i.e google.[/quote]

I'm always a bit weary about people with low/zero feedback buying from me. However, if every seller wouldn't accept bids from people with less than +5 feedback, how would new users ever get to buy stuff?

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I'm always a bit weary about people with low/zero feedback buying from me. However, if every seller wouldn't accept bids from people with less than +5 feedback, how would new users ever get to buy stuff?[/QUOTE]

New sellers who would more then likely accept lower feedback buyers.

That is really my only gripe with eBay. They know that negligent bidders are a problem, but do not allow any more stringent buying parameters than blocking those with less than -2 feedback ratings. It would be so easy to integrate. Just allow me to not allow bidders with less than +20 (...seems fairly reasonable, although I was tempted to put 100+...). Then newbie sellers can deal with newbie clients.

Edit: At the minimum at least let me block those with zero feedback. There is absolutely no reason anyone should ever have negative feedback as either a buyer or a seller.

[quote name='-Phantom-']That is really my only gripe with eBay. They know that negligent bidders are a problem, but do not allow any more stringent buying parameters than blocking those with less than -2 feedback ratings. It would be so easy to integrate. Just allow me to not allow bidders with less than +20 (...seems fairly reasonable, although I was tempted to put 100+...). Then newbie sellers can deal with newbie clients.

Edit: At the minimum at least let me block those with zero feedback. There is absolutely no reason anyone should ever have negative feedback as either a buyer or a seller.

Yes, while most NPB's are 0 feedback buyers, I have also gotten a TON of sales from people with 0 feedback... if I cut them out, I'd be cutting out a good chunk of profit for myself. Everyone has to start somewhere, I have no problem with 0 FB buyers.

I don't bother with auctions anymore, I just do BIN's + Immediate Payment Required because I was sick of dealing with the constant NPB's on both auctions and BIN's.

One guy won multiple items from me, over $60, and never paid!!

bread's done
Back