Not A Gamestop Policy but.....

Slappybob

CAGiversary!
So on Friday I recieved in my email a coupon for buy one get one free Xbox games.

There are only a few i wanted so I went to the gamestop website and decided to match games with stores in the area.

So I called one in Austin at Barton Creek mall. I asked the guy to look for an Xbox Game called Demon stone. I also wanted him to check to see if it had the original case and book. I am one of those people who likes to have case and book. I dont like paying the same price and getting a generic case with no book.

A guy by the name of Scott ( the one who was looking up the game for me) told me that the game would probably not have the book as he usually throws them out when they come in. :whistle2:s I asked him about this because I had never heard of anyone doing this. I also asked if this was a new store policy. He said no that it was just something he did to prevent people from buying rare games and selling them on ebay. I asked him what about us gamers who buy games for ourselves? He didnt have a response for that other than to say that he was the only one who did it and that not all games were absent of books.

Ok I dont know why but this really pissed me off. Who the hell is this guy to decide who gets a book with their game, and what they do with thier game. It would be like a comic book seller ripping pages of rare comics so no one else can resell them. Now dont get me wrong I hate people who find cheap rare games and mark up the price (usually because its a game i want to play), but they should have better ways to prevent that. Also its not like any of the rare games are ever cheap at Gamestop they usually match Amazon/ebay prices.

Well being pissed as i was i didnt talk to the store manager, I went straight to the Distict manager. I explained my frustrations to him and he said it was not company policy, but that he would look into the situation.

If you are as frustrated as I am over this issue then do what I did . File a complaint with Gamestop. I figure they can ignore me but not the CAG nation.

Here is the store's Phone number: 512-329-5851

Here is the Austin Area District Managers number: 512-635-2670 His name is Lucas.

Also please go to the Gamestop Website and tell them about this. It might be happening in other stores.

Thank you for your time.

That's classic. I have never heard of that one before, but it quickly rockets to the top of the charts for stupid things GS employees have done. And I'll bet you any amount that he doesn't "throw out" manuals to rare games. He sells them on eBay.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's classic. I have never heard of that one before, but it quickly rockets to the top of the charts for stupid things GS employees have done. And I'll bet you any amount that he doesn't "throw out" manuals to rare games. He sells them on eBay.[/quote]

Exactly what I thought after reading the OP.

That guy is a douche bag. I stopped going there because of him and the female manager. I went in for an Xbox 360 HDMI/Digital Audio adaptor. When I asked for it she said "Why would you want this?" and I said, "because I have an HD LCD and need to split the signal to my receiver for 5.1 and this is the easiest way without signal loss."

Her reply... "So you were stupid and didn't wait for the elite to come out."

His reply... "you should've waited, that was stupid. I waited and this comes with the Elite, you should think about trading in your old 360 for an Elite, you'd get this and 120G harddrive."

I left.

Try the by Brodie Ln. Much nicer there.

Mall: Shady Hollow S/C
9911 Brodie Lane
Austin TX, 78748 US

[quote name='camoor']Videogame reselling is a goldmine right now.

Any other store with such shitty service would have folded eons ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not entirely convinced that GameStop won't fold up shop if they ever get some viable national competition. Blockbuster and Hollywood Video tried, but they weren't able to do it...which leaves me to wonder who would be able to.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'm still not entirely convinced that GameStop won't fold up shop if they ever get some viable national competition. Blockbuster and Hollywood Video tried, but they weren't able to do it...which leaves me to wonder who would be able to.[/quote]

No one will be able to beat gamestop because a lot of gamestops policy's are the only way to make good money. It sucks but there is nothing we can do about it. That's why gamestop was able to buy out all of the other guys.

Back on topic, I would have reported the guy too and never shopped at the store again. I can understand why the do it for GBA games, although I don't like it, but there is no reason for him to do it for normal games.

No one will be able to beat gamestop because a lot of gamestops policy's are the only way to make good money. It sucks but there is nothing we can do about it. That's why gamestop was able to buy out all of the other guys.

Exactly. The only way a company could give GS a good run would be to copy their style, and then we would just complain about that company, too.

Thank you for the response to this post. I was a bit weary about posting think that people would find it a small thing to complain about.

I still encourage people to call the store and the district manager and let them know how you feel.

Also I am not familiar with any other gaming sites like CAG, but if you know any and want to post my story there feel free. I really want GS and this store to know what a crappy thing is going on.

Yeah, I agree that that dude was a total d-bag. It is understandable why we throw out the booklets and boxes for old GBA games (cause we don't have any room, especially since many of them sell for pennies), but that should never happen for games that go up on the wall (unlike the GBA games that are in a little cabinet with sliding glass)

If they get too many reports on that dude, they will have no choice but to fire him.

What a douche.

Hopefully your call to the district manager will do something, but sadly I doubt it.

[quote name='camoor']Videogame reselling is a goldmine right now.

Any other store with such shitty service would have folded eons ago.[/quote]
Soccer Mom A who wants the newest DS game for her kid, and doesn't care if its complete. sports gamer B doesn't give a shit if his madden is complete.
GS will never go out of business because they're such a huge company, but I hope PnT takes over.

I'm going to win the Powerball (or whatever it's called) a handful of times then pull a hostile takeover MUHAHAHAHAHHA

What an Idiot!! I hate game store managers that do stuff like that, I always support local Mom and pop game stores, but alot of them get into the same GS theory, some of the ones around here jack up prices so that they are higher than ebay so resellers dont buy them but then noone buys them.

[quote name='Sinnbox']What an Idiot!! I hate game store managers that do stuff like that, I always support local Mom and pop game stores, but alot of them get into the same GS theory, some of the ones around here jack up prices so that they are higher than ebay so resellers dont buy them but then noone buys them.[/quote]

I'm always amazed when places like that manage to stay in business (the smaller stores I mean).

Also, that dude is a total dick. Definitely worth reporting.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']That guy is a douche bag. I stopped going there because of him and the female manager. I went in for an Xbox 360 HDMI/Digital Audio adaptor. When I asked for it she said "Why would you want this?" and I said, "because I have an HD LCD and need to split the signal to my receiver for 5.1 and this is the easiest way without signal loss."

Her reply... "So you were stupid and didn't wait for the elite to come out."

His reply... "you should've waited, that was stupid. I waited and this comes with the Elite, you should think about trading in your old 360 for an Elite, you'd get this and 120G harddrive."

I left.

Try the by Brodie Ln. Much nicer there.

Mall: Shady Hollow S/C
9911 Brodie Lane
Austin TX, 78748 US
5122926529[/QUOTE]

If they had said that to me I would have had the kind of discussion that would involve security being called.

[quote name='Sinnbox']What an Idiot!! I hate game store managers that do stuff like that, I always support local Mom and pop game stores, but alot of them get into the same GS theory, some of the ones around here jack up prices so that they are higher than ebay so resellers dont buy them but then noone buys them.[/quote]

I am with you here man, I much rather enjoy going to a mom and pop or a game trader store that has people working there that are cool to talk to, ones that don't :roll: at you when you want to purchase something.

We had one in the Hammond Square Mall not to long ago, they were a bit pricey on hard to find games, but no where within a 100 mile drive could I go and snag a full nintendo system (in the box with all the trimmings) or pickup a hard to find genesis game that I really like back in the day. Sucks because the basically demolished the whole mall and left only JC Penney and Dillards as free standing stores.

Another thing that really pisses me off about GS is the fact that years ago (around the 90's) I would go in there and see wall to wall PC games, now the local GS has 2 floor display racks pushed to the back corner of the store with PC games. I understand the next gen consoles are the future and that is what is selling the most but damn, without PC games there would be no console games!

:bomb:

[quote name='l3lasphemer']I understand the next gen consoles are the future and that is what is selling the most but damn, without PC games there would be no console games!

:bomb:[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken...weren't the "first" games on a console?

Though it does suck for PC gaming anymore, it's totally easy to drop a cool 5 grand on a pimp ass gaming machine, and only have a handful of games that you can actually play.

[quote name='Undrallio']If I'm not mistaken...weren't the "first" games on a console?

Though it does suck for PC gaming anymore, it's totally easy to drop a cool 5 grand on a pimp ass gaming machine, and only have a handful of games that you can actually play.[/quote]

Negative on that bro, check out this link about Space War, one of the first video games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar%21

Yes you can drop that much on a pimp ass gaming rig, and that is what most people think. But with a little research you could be a system for less than half of that cost and still run games very well.

[quote name='l3lasphemer']Negative on that bro, check out this link about Space War, one of the first video games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!

Yes you can drop that much on a pimp ass gaming rig, and that is what most people think. But with a little research you could be a system for less than half of that cost and still run games very well.[/quote]

Ahh my bad, guess I'll have to do some more research next time.

Back on topic, let's maul that evil SOB.

That guy is an idiot. WHat should he care if you sell it on ebay or not. He's losing sales because of that. The difference between a game having the manual and not may not change the price of the game but it sure as hell will lower the chances of someone buying that game. I would definitely get as many people to complain about that guy as you can. I worked there when that company was still decent and even back then EVERYONE was expendable. IF coroprate realizes that that guy is preventing sales then he will be gone.

i've been to gamestops where they keep the manuals with the discs, which prevents people from stealing just the manual. that policy i agree with. the thing the employee was doing in the op is pretty shitty,

bread's done
Back