Not able to do ranked matches in Halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zepployd44

CAG Veteran
I am still working on my first month of xbox live gold, however I have been giving my brother these 48 hour trial codes every once and a while so he can play with me and my friends on live. After activation of a trial code, my brother is permitted to play in social matches, however, for some reason Halo 3 will not allow him to play ranked matches citing that it is only available for Gold Subscribers only. Is this suppoused to be this way?

Yep.

Bungie decided that 48 hour trials would only be able to play in unranked matches so people can't use them to cheat or boost.

[quote name='zewone']Yep.

Bungie decided that 48 hour trials would only be able to play in unranked matches so people can't use them to cheat or boost.[/quote]

Although I understand why they did it, I think it is quite lame considering it is a 48 hour Gold trial.

[quote name='life.exe']Although I understand why they did it, I think it is quite lame considering it is a 48 hour Gold trial.[/QUOTE]

I am actually in agreement with Bungie. You know how easy it is to get 48 hour codes? That's exactly the problem with a lot of these boosters.

[quote name='lordwow']I am actually in agreement with Bungie. You know how easy it is to get 48 hour codes? That's exactly the problem with a lot of these boosters.[/QUOTE]

But you hamper the experience of many legitimate players to try and stop a handful of people artificially inflating a score that absolutely is worth nothing.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']But you hamper the experience of many legitimate players to try and stop a handful of people artificially inflating a score that absolutely is worth nothing.[/QUOTE]

How "many" people are using gold 48 hour trials? If you really want to play ranked matches so badly, just pony up the $5/month or whatever.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']But you hamper the experience of many legitimate players to try and stop a handful of people artificially inflating a score that absolutely is worth nothing.[/QUOTE]
I would say that it's most definitely not a handful.

[quote name='Brak']I would say that it's most definitely not a handful.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I underestimated the ego of funyon eating, mountain dew drinking, Halo players everywhere.

trial cards were also widely abused by modders back in the halo 2 days. I can see why they would do this.

I was pissed at this, but I certainly understand it.

IMO they should do this across the board and simply give all Silver users the features of a 48-hour trial (which are also limited when it comes to xbox.com capability).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back