not enough Silent Hill hype I say~!!

yeay I didnt like that at first.

the only way to appreciate those sections is RUN!!

dont even think... fukk a map, run for your freakin life!!

Ok, I've finished the game. In two sittings. Loved it.

Once I got used to the wii's stick waggle controls and the stressful nightmare levels I was well immersed. I really liked the story and how the game wasn't really focused on Silent Hill or some stupid cult or whatever. I liked how it was really focused on the character of Harry. Also, even though it was short, I think it had to be in order to keep up the pacing which I also think was very well done. I found my self not wanting to put the waggle stick down for anything so I can find out what happens next. That's a big deal for me since I normally really hate the Wii's controls, but this game pulls it off very well. The ending also was a real surprise too.

This is the best SH game since SH3 and it's not even about Silent Hill. It's its own entity completely Bravo, Climax, bravo.

I will say my wife really pushed me to finish this game.

I liked it a ton. really surpised by how well the flashlight and wii remote works. Excellent game.

The nightmare is a bit frustrating and there is one in there that is quite lengthy.... However they give you save points throughout it.

Nice game overall.

I've only played the PS2 version but I loved it, saying the story is amazing is a HUGE understatement.

I'm sure it's a ton better on the Wii. Highly recommended

daroga was nice enough to loan me his copy and I blew through it in a few days, culminating in a 4 hour session today. Really fantastic story, loved pretty much everything about the game minus the nightmares, which I think were overly confusing - too many paths and too few opportunities to check the map.

I generally don't have the fortitude for horror games, so taking the combat out of it really made it enjoyable for me, while it was still creepy as hell.

[quote name='Trillian']At the beginning of the game there's a psychological evaluation. Parts of the game will change depending on your answers.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I dont get. The game supposed has a test to get inside your head to mess with you but it seems more like a gimmick to me. Silent hill 2 was a pure mindfuck without having to need a test or wiimote controls or anything else. Everything about SH2 was creepy and truly made you feel alone, even the other characters made you even feel more alone. The monsters felt more like mechanical things than living things and all had this weird sexual tone to them that was like right out of james pysche. Its main story was really depressing to and the overall feel of the game felt like it was in my head without a questionare.

Anyway, so how is it on the wii? Honestly. There isnt alot of stick waggling and shit is there? Reason why I hate alot of wii games is they feel they need to constantly throw stuff just so you have to use the wiimote for pointless reasons.

gargus,

The game is great. The stick waggling is needed to control the flashlight. Believe me its a good use of the remote, probably in the top 10 for the Wii of the games I have played.

Excellent game.

I just started playing this today and it's a great game. I've only done one nightmare sequence, but it really was scary fun. The use of motion controls to throw off the monsters is such a great use of the tech because it makes it so frantic and panicky. And of course the use of the remote as your flashlight us great too. Fun stuff.

I'm bumping this thread to recommend this game. I just completed it and enjoyed it enough to pull me away from Arkham Asylum. The flash light is controlled with the IR pointing which can be done from resting your wrist on your lap and I wouldn't really refer to that as waggling at all.

The only continuous shaking that's encountered is when enemies become attached to you. I initially tried wildly shaking the remote and nunchuck but the actions does not register because a steady follow through motion in the appropriate direction was required.

If you enjoy those point and click adventure/mystery games you'll probably want to play this game.

bread's done
Back