Not much excitement for the Back to the Future game?

I think it's a combination of both of the reasons you mentioned. I know I still love adventure games, but sadly most people don't. And games based on movie franchises don't exactly have a great reputation.

Either way, I'm definitely curious about this game, and I'll definitely give it a try.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I was excited until I saw the art style... Not really feeling it.[/QUOTE]

I wish it would have been old-school sprite-based graphics.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I was excited until I saw the art style... Not really feeling it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... kinda reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry. *shudder*

I'm excited. Any specific date yet?

What was so bad about Ghostbusters? It sold okay and got fair to positive reviews. It had some issues but overall it felt like a true Ghostbusters game. While not a mega hit I wouldn't call it a flop either.

Wtf's wrong with the art-style? it's looks pretty poor even if it were a Wii title. washed out murky textures and crappy models. was pretty excieted to hear about a "back to the future" title but if it looks like that the gameplay had better hold up :s

Ghostbusters wasn't a bomb, but it wasn't a hit, either. I am sure that game cost a lot more money to make than it ever brought in. Plus, for me as a huge fan of the Ghostbusters, the game's story kind of missed a beat here or there. There were little moments they messed up. During the intro, the song was used incorrectly. There was no mid-story montage. And no montage during the credits. Yes, yes, I know, small things, but to me, those were some of the most memorable moments from the GB films.

^ I'm not sure if it made money or not, but it sold over a million copies. My biggest problem with the game was playing medic and reviving the dumb AI way more than I should have to.

I am guessing it probably sold like 2 million copies across all platforms. I am sure they were projecting a way bigger showing than that, especially after it got pushed back to coincide with the 25th anniversary and the release of the Blu-ray. It could not have been cheap to produce a game like that.

That looks... exactly like I expected it to. While I was excited about both BTTF and the Jurassic Park games, these are going to be unfairly maligned no matter what happens, as these are going to appeal to an audience that doesn't 'get' point and click adventure games. It's already popped up in this thread, and that's a shame.

Still, this looks exactly like a Monkey Island/Sam & Max type of game, which shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. As long as the writing is sharp, which I'm assuming it will be, I'm there.

What really interests me is what they're going to do with Jurassic Park. BTTF seems to have obvious and logical places for point and click games to go. Jurassic Park seems like it would be tougher to fit into that mold.

bread's done
Back