Not much time left!!! Help out a CAG and vote!!

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
OK, I know you have all seen posts similar to this one, but in this case you will have the chance to actually make my life more fun during a 2 week business trip. So here's the deal. This poll represents a bunch of possible games that I am considering taking with me on a 2 week business trip. There won't be much to do after work so I'll have my portable DVD player and my PSOne Combo (and maybe the GBA SP I just bought).

The top 3 games will come with me. Whether or not I have played these games should not factor into the discussion. Please vote for your picks and my trip more enjoyable.

Thanks!!

The top three that I'd recommend would be:

1.Chrono Cross - one of the best RPGs ever if not the best
2.Vagrant Story
3.Parasite Eve

Depending on how long you'll have to play I would agree with hiccupleftovers. Those are three GREAT games that should keep you busy.

Xenogears - Best RPG ever
Final Fantasy Tatics - Best Strategy RPG ever
Castlevania: SOTN - Best Action/Advernture game ever

I voted for xenogears. but I would say that if you're bringing your GBA SP along, you'll probably get more satisfaction from beating a few gba games compared to maybe 1 or 2 max PS1 games.

for the gba you can beat warioware, both metroids, minish cap, and probably a few other games.

[quote name='FrankySox']Depending on how long you'll have to play I would agree with hiccupleftovers. Those are three GREAT games that should keep you busy.[/quote]

I'll have from about 5:30pm to whenever I go to bed, which is usually late when I'm on business trips. Of course throw in dinner and maybe a quick workout. Of course if I really get into one of the games, I'll probably skip the workout (and maybe even dinner ;)).

[quote name='maxflight']I voted for xenogears. but I would say that if you're bringing your GBA SP along, you'll probably get more satisfaction from beating a few gba games compared to maybe 1 or 2 max PS1 games.

for the gba you can beat warioware, both metroids, minish cap, and probably a few other games.[/quote]

Good point. I don't have any of those games for GBA yet unfortunately, but I have picked up a bunch of others from clearences. Should I put up another poll for GBA games? ;)

[quote name='Rig']All of those games and no Lunar? :( Put all of those back and go get Lunar![/quote]

Yeah, I don't have Lunar yet. I almost got it last year but passed. Eventually I'll get it and next time I go on a long trip I'll be sure to bring it. ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Rig']All of those games and no Lunar? :( Put all of those back and go get Lunar![/quote]

Yeah, I don't have Lunar yet. I almost got it last year but passed. Eventually I'll get it and next time I go on a long trip I'll be sure to bring it. ;)[/quote]

:shock: You passed it up?!? :cry:

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='maxflight']I voted for xenogears. but I would say that if you're bringing your GBA SP along, you'll probably get more satisfaction from beating a few gba games compared to maybe 1 or 2 max PS1 games.

for the gba you can beat warioware, both metroids, minish cap, and probably a few other games.[/quote]

Good point. I don't have any of those games for GBA yet unfortunately, but I have picked up a bunch of others from clearences. Should I put up another poll for GBA games? ;)[/quote]
you can probably get most of those games used (besides minish cap) pretty cheaply. warioware is a must, the metroids are great as well. then when you're done with the trip (and probably done with the games) you can trade them back.

P.S. don't trade back the metroids until you get 100%, that's part of the fun :)

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Rig']All of those games and no Lunar? :( Put all of those back and go get Lunar![/quote]

Yeah, I don't have Lunar yet. I almost got it last year but passed. Eventually I'll get it and next time I go on a long trip I'll be sure to bring it. ;)[/quote]

:shock: You passed it up?!? :cry:[/quote]

Lack of funds at the time. I was getting ready to buy a house. I know, I know, I need to re-evaluate my priorities. :)

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='maxflight']I voted for xenogears. but I would say that if you're bringing your GBA SP along, you'll probably get more satisfaction from beating a few gba games compared to maybe 1 or 2 max PS1 games.

Good point. I don't have any of those games for GBA yet unfortunately, but I have picked up a bunch of others from clearences. Should I put up another poll for GBA games? ;)[/quote]
you can probably get most of those games used (besides minish cap) pretty cheaply. warioware is a must, the metroids are great as well. then when you're done with the trip (and probably done with the games) you can trade them back.

P.S. don't trade back the metroids until you get 100%, that's part of the fun :)[/quote]

I usually don't trade back games. I traded alot of my PS1 games to get PS2 games, but regret it now. Would these be good for replay value?

I'm the second one to vote for Legend of Dragoon. I know it's essentially a Final Fantasy rip-off but it's a GOOD Final Fantasy rip-off.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='maxflight'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='maxflight']I voted for xenogears. but I would say that if you're bringing your GBA SP along, you'll probably get more satisfaction from beating a few gba games compared to maybe 1 or 2 max PS1 games.

P.S. don't trade back the metroids until you get 100%, that's part of the fun :)[/quote]

I usually don't trade back games. I traded alot of my PS1 games to get PS2 games, but regret it now. Would these be good for replay value?[/quote]

well, those to me are untradable games. but replay value wise, for the metroids, unless you want to train yourself to beat the game in under 2 hours, then no, you probably won't replay it after beating the game with 100%. If you loved super metroid on SNES, then you'll like those. warioware, if you have no idea what it is, then you have to try it for yourself.

I suggested the buying used games and trading back thing because I didn't think that you're looking to keep games for the long term, just to pass time for your trip. there are plenty of gba games well worth buying new/sealed and keeping if you have the money to spend.

[quote name='maxflight']

well, those to me are untradable games. but replay value wise, for the metroids, unless you want to train yourself to beat the game in under 2 hours, then no, you probably won't replay it after beating the game with 100%. If you loved super metroid on SNES, then you'll like those. warioware, if you have no idea what it is, then you have to try it for yourself.

I suggested the buying used games and trading back thing because I didn't think that you're looking to keep games for the long term, just to pass time for your trip. there are plenty of gba games well worth buying new/sealed and keeping if you have the money to spend.[/quote]

Yeah, I would want to get games for the GBA that I would keep and play again. The games I mentioned in the poll are all games I own and will continue to own and the same goes for any GBA games that I buy. The only reason I would trade a game away would be if it's so bad that I don't want it tarnishing my other games. I definitely have the Metroid games on my GBA want list. I have the Warioware game on GC, but I heard that the GBA version is much better so I was thinking I'd get that too.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Rig']All of those games and no Lunar? :( Put all of those back and go get Lunar![/quote]

:shock: You passed it up?!? :cry:[/quote]

Lack of funds at the time. I was getting ready to buy a house. I know, I know, I need to re-evaluate my priorities. :)[/quote]

:lol:

I voted for Final Fantasy Tactics, possibly the most fun RPG you have listed. If I didn't think you were severely slanted towards RPGs (since all but one seem to be in that genre), I'd have said SOTN.

As a word of caution, I had trouble trying to play Xenogears on my psOne combo - the game wouldn't recognize my memory cards, so I couldn't save. Other games work and save fine, so it's strange...

[quote name='alongx']I voted for Final Fantasy Tactics, possibly the most fun RPG you have listed. If I didn't think you were severely slanted towards RPGs (since all but one seem to be in that genre), I'd have said SOTN.[/quote]

I actually prefer 3rd person action games to RPGs, but most of my PS1 games just happen to be RPGs (stupidly traded in a bunch of PS1 games to get PS2 games). Additionally, RPGs make up most of the games I have not yet finished on that system so the list is affected by that too. In addition to the 3 I bring from this list, I'll likely bring a fighter and a puzzle game for quick fixes, but most of my time will be spent on something from this list.

Thanks for the votes. Keep 'em coming.

[quote name='henniger']As a word of caution, I had trouble trying to play Xenogears on my psOne combo - the game wouldn't recognize my memory cards, so I couldn't save. Other games work and save fine, so it's strange...[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind. Anyone else have this problem? ALso, I guess this can be considered a bump for the pre-weekend crowd.

I would also take variety into account. No reason to bring more than one RPG for a two-week stint. Final Fantasy Tactics should definitely be one of the three.

I would take Final Fantasy Tactics and Castlevania: SOTN (my 2nd and third favorite PSX games behind Suikoden 2). I would also take MLF to add a little variety.

[quote name='bowmanarmy']I would take a ps2[/quote]

I would. but it's too bulky. I already have to bring a laptop on board with me. If I didn't have the LT, I would probably just bring my PS2. The other thing too is that I am not sure I'd be able to play the PS2 in my room. At least with the PSOne, I have the screen with it.

I leave soon so keep the votes coming!!!

Hmmm...just looked at the results so far. I am suprised Xenogears hasn't received more votes. Overall though, the results aren't all that suprising so far. Thanks everyone!

I'd recommend a handheld vs. a home console like PSone, but if you've got the time and tv/screen access, I guess you could do well with a home system on the road. Good luck. :?

[quote name='starmask2k3']do u have ff7 u should bring this game if u have it[/quote]

I do have FF VII and was going to include it in the poll, but I used up all the options. I was kinda torn between FF Tactics and FF VII for inclusion in the poll options. Obviously, I opted for Tactics and it's winning!

Since Silhouette Mirage has 0 votes, I'm going to add FFVII and see it makes a big comeback.

EDIT: Damn! Can't edit poll options!!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I'd recommend a handheld vs. a home console like PSone, but if you've got the time and tv/screen access, I guess you could do well with a home system on the road. Good luck. :?[/quote]

Yeah, I am likely going to bring my SP with also.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Castlevania:Sotn, bring this game, I was once in love with this game.[/quote]

What happened? Did she dump you? :D

[quote name='DenisDFat']seeing as how SoTN is the only choice that does not suck[/quote]

Whoa! I think the is the first time I remember seeing a post where you say something doesn't suck! :D Thanks for the vote!

bread's done
Back