Notebook Coolers

hmm, i wonder if this would help me out with my laptop problem

for the past, i dunno, 6 or so months, it was running okay, then it just starts to power down on its own, either that, or go to safe mode and i cant recover it.

was thinking it was a Hard Drive error and even bought an entire new notebook(probably seen the topic already) to replace it, but now im not so sure....would one of these coolers help me out?

Fry's has them for $10 off and on all the time, you might check there. Hint: these coolers are also great for keeping those Motorola DVR's nice and cool. Why Motorola couldn't make them run cool like the Tivo I can't understand.

newegg.com has a bunch for around the $13-$50 mark, alot under $20. if yer looking for one with a built in usb hub, u may have to plug the cooler into a wall outlet to power the hub. I got the lapcool 3, mostly cause its only 1/2" thk., but its kinda flimsey. worth the $$$

[quote name='souNReAL']hmm, i wonder if this would help me out with my laptop problem

for the past, i dunno, 6 or so months, it was running okay, then it just starts to power down on its own, either that, or go to safe mode and i cant recover it.

was thinking it was a Hard Drive error and even bought an entire new notebook(probably seen the topic already) to replace it, but now im not so sure....would one of these coolers help me out?[/QUOTE]

A cooler will definatly help. I have the same problem when I'm using CloneDVD. It starts working then shuts off. I tried tilting the laptop while a fan is blowing on it when I use CloneDVD and it never shut off.

bread's done
Back