Nothing to see here

[quote name='Link2999']I don't think they had any MW3 codes to begin with, probably a later promotion.[/QUOTE]
One can only hope. I will revive this thread if IGN decides to do what they do worst

so if i have BF3 show up in the gamestop app i can just take the registration code from it and trade it to someone. I allready have BF3, wish i would have known about the AC code.

[quote name='p5ych0']so if i have BF3 show up in the gamestop app i can just take the registration code from it and trade it to someone. I allready have BF3, wish i would have known about the AC code.[/QUOTE]

I would assume you could. Not 100% sure.

[quote name='Map']If anybody has the Lifetime gamefly membership I will trade a BF3 code for it[/QUOTE]
Ill trade u for 12 codes 30 days each edit ill even throw 1 onlive code

This sucks, I was installing my new video card today so I had my computer apart and come back online to see I missed free Battlefield 3 keys which would have been a good test for my new card. If all it took was an email registration, I am kind of surprised no CAGs took advantage of that to help out other CAGs that missed out on keys but oh well.

[quote name='Owen']This sucks, I was installing my new video card today so I had my computer apart and come back online to see I missed free Battlefield 3 keys which would have been a good test for my new card. If all it took was an email registration, I am kind of surprised no CAGs took advantage of that to help out other CAGs that missed out on keys but oh well.[/QUOTE]
The Battlefield 3 codes ran out within the first half hour. I'm sure this promotion's been up for at least a day before I posted it here. I think it was helpful enough to post this thread, right? :D

Conkers your a pro. Ill be sure to update you first if I find anything new so you can post it :)

[quote name='Map']If anybody has the Lifetime gamefly membership I will trade a BF3 code for it[/QUOTE]

I'll give you 14 months.

Thanks a bunch Conkers, I never had a membership to Gamefly before because the price (2 out at time/ 22.95/month) was a little steep for my taste, but now I have a Free 1 year membership (2 out at time) so im positive I will find use for it : )

THANKS OP!

Damn, be careful with those GameFly codes, you still get charged for your first month with them. I had to cancel mine because I can't afford the overdraft fees since i don't have $23 in my account right now.

[quote name='Ashsaber']Damn, be careful with those GameFly codes, you still get charged for your first month with them. I had to cancel mine because I can't afford the overdraft fees since i don't have $23 in my account right now.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, I had no idea.

I lost the other link, but this might work to redeem.

I'll update the original post with that link if it works. Please reply back if it does.

[quote name='Ashsaber']Damn, be careful with those GameFly codes, you still get charged for your first month with them. I had to cancel mine because I can't afford the overdraft fees since i don't have $23 in my account right now.[/QUOTE]

what.....? The codes are NOT 30 day trials, when you redeem them, it says "Free 1 month code 2 out at time) they stack on your account, and shows my next billing date 1/15/2013)

These gift certs can be bought also and given to friends/family, it acts as a giftcard pretty much.

Did you not read the text at bottom when you signed up for gamefly account, it says "Your banks may show a $20 hold on funds, THIS IS NOT A CHARGE, and bank will release funds back to you in 3-5 days" its standard practice when you sign up for any trial.

Yeah, mine says the next billing date is 10/5/2012... but the first one isn't listed as taking effect until 12/5/11. Soooo....

[quote name='Poor2More']Did you not read the text at bottom when you signed up for gamefly account, it says "Your banks may show a $20 hold on funds, THIS IS NOT A CHARGE, and bank will release funds back to you in 3-5 days" its standard practice when you sign up for any trial.[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of holds. My account tells me the gift certificates go into effect next month. So, I'm looking forward to the shiny $22 charge on monday,

[quote name='Conkerkid11']I'm sorry, I had no idea.

I lost the other link, but this might work to redeem.

I'll update the original post with that link if it works. Please reply back if it does.[/QUOTE]

Disregard what he said Conkers, that charge he is showing on his bank account is a temp hold, Gamefly states that when signing up for a gamefly account (and their trial), the funds will be released back to his bank account with 3-5 days.

[quote name='Ashsaber']Yeah, mine says the next billing date is 10/5/2012... but the first one isn't lsited as takig effect until 12/5/11. Soooo....[/QUOTE]

I apologize then, weird cause I just signed up for a trial on gamefly tonight, and all my certs posted correctly

standard Free trial (11/5/11 - 11/15/11)
30 day Gift Cert (11/15/11 - 12/15/11)
30 day Gift Cert (12/15/11 - 1/15/12)
etc
etc
etc

Even if you do get charged the first month of $23....you still get $400+ in free gamefly service.

[quote name='Poor2More']Disregard what he said Conkers, that charge he is showing on his bank account is a temp hold, Gamefly states that when signing up for a gamefly account (and their trial), the funds will be released back to his bank account with 3-5 days.[/QUOTE]

THere's no charge to my bank account yet, I know what a temp hold is. I'm looking AT MY ACCOUNT on GAMEFLY, and it says my gift certificates do not start until next month. I don't know how much simpler I can state that. This was with a new account too.

[quote name='Ashsaber']Yeah, mine says the next billing date is 10/5/2012... but the first one isn't listed as taking effect until 12/5/11. Soooo....

I'm well aware of holds. My account tells me the gift certificates go into effect next month. So, I'm looking forward to the shiny $22 charge on monday,[/QUOTE]

My guess is since your already a gamefly member, and your billing was already in process, thats why your still being charged.

Sorry again I diden't mean to come off sounding like a :booty:

Edit: Your next billing is 10/5/2011? did you mean 11/5/11?

[quote name='Ashsaber']Yeah, mine says the next billing date is 10/5/2012... but the first one isn't listed as taking effect until 12/5/11. Soooo....

I'm well aware of holds. My account tells me the gift certificates go into effect next month. So, I'm looking forward to the shiny $22 charge on monday,[/QUOTE]

Under your billing history, does it have anything for 11/5/2011? I'm wondering the same thing since when I redeemed the first code, the gift certificate was active from 11/5 - 12/5, but after I redeemed a few more, that certificate seems to have disappeared, and the next one was 12/5 - 1/5. I was an active member a few years ago and had to restart it, by the way.

Even with a reactivated account, I've never encountered something that applied gift certificates AFTER billing. Thee free time usually comes first, then charges start.

Anyway, I'll stop bitching and bringing the thread off topic. I just wanted to warn people in case it happens to them. The overdraft fee I would have toeat isn't worth the free time to me.

[quote name='mac101010']Under your billing history, does it have anything for 11/5/2011? I'm wondering the same thing since when I redeemed the first code, the gift certificate was active from 11/5 - 12/5, but after I redeemed a few more, that certificate seems to have disappeared, and the next one was 12/5 - 1/5.[/QUOTE]

I don't, no. But no certificates "disappeared" either - all ten I redeemed are listed, starting at 12/5

for those who got in on the Gamefly codes, remember Gamefly is releasing "Download your rentals instantly to your PC" service this holiday, so you can rent games and download straight to your PC to play. You can request an beta invite on the Gamefly toolbar in your account.

If anyone is holding onto an extra one, I can only trade a 1 month XBL for it. Not much or equal value but if you are interested, PM me please

Are the GameFly and OnLive sections of it dead yet? I was able to grab some codes but I figure I'd go back for some more if it's still kickin.

I have AC:R but I redeemed it to my email >.< you can have the account, I just wanted bf3, so I could play with my girlfriend

Does anyone else have Red Faction Guerrilla on their Impluse account? I just made my account today for BF3 and found it strange that I have that game also.

If anyone has an AC:R code to give or trade for, please let me know via PM. I don't have much I can offer, but I believe I have a spare Dirt3 key, for whatever that's worth. I'm dying to get this game for PC. :cry:

Alright, I didn't want it to come to this, but I suppose I have to do it. If anyone has a spare AC:R code, and nobody else wants it, I'll take it. I really have nothing to offer though, unless you want some TF2 weapons or something.

[quote name='SlappyBag']holy crap this is amazing

i know it ended for everyone else, but i got bf3 and assassins creed free... D:[/QUOTE]
Recently, or... ? It hasn't "ended for everyone else", it's "ended for everyone." IGN either caught on, or they ran out of codes. If anyone finds that they begin to distribute codes again, please inform me, and I will update the original post. Otherwise, please do not mislead us into believing it is active again simply based on what you got when it was active.

Anybody else get Battlefield 3 up and running? I ran into the usual problems, but just recently started playing online. That base jump is absolutely amazing...

I traded for it and got it from a user here. I just got done playing for an hour no problems and then it crashed when I spawned in a jet. Hopefully it lasts and Origin doesn't deactivate the free copies.

[quote name='thegreatest']I traded for it and got it from a user here. I just got done playing for an hour no problems and then it crashed when I spawned in a jet. Hopefully it lasts and Origin doesn't deactivate the free copies.[/QUOTE]
I doubt they can, or will. This doesn't look like it was done by accident. The codes were given out, and they were given out. They had a stash of codes, and that's it. Whether or not people with memberships got them isn't a problem so long as they were given away. In order to start a new giveaway, they'd have to deactivate the thousands of codes already redeemed, and then create thousands more, and hopefully disperse them the way they originally intended. And believe it or not, but thousands aren't planning on purchasing 2-years of IGN Prime. It's a terrible service, and provides absolutely no benefits to the one paying for it. People with trial accounts steal all the free game codes, and IGN does nothing to prevent this.

I doubt anything will be done. But that's just my guess.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']I doubt they can, or will. This doesn't look like it was done by accident. The codes were given out, and they were given out. They had a stash of codes, and that's it. Whether or not people with memberships got them isn't a problem so long as they were given away. In order to start a new giveaway, they'd have to deactivate the thousands of codes already redeemed, and then create thousands more, and hopefully disperse them the way they originally intended. And believe it or not, but thousands aren't planning on purchasing 2-years of IGN Prime. It's a terrible service, and provides absolutely no benefits to the one paying for it. People with trial accounts steal all the free game codes, and IGN does nothing to prevent this.

I doubt anything will be done. But that's just my guess.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I didn't think it would turn out like the Dirt 3 codes.

Edited the original post for those who still have hope in more codes. Most have noticed that Modern Warfare 3 codes have yet to be offered, and believe that the codes will come... Eventually. :D

Important Edit: Nevermind, this is dead, but Skryim and future games are still a possibility. This thread on the IGN forums has a post from one user with a link to that free Battlefield 3 code, and he posted on the 23rd of last month. Sorry folks, but we were a wee bit late to the party.

I'll guarantee you that means that we broke it, all of it. And I'm pretty sure that this was also posted on the Steam forums and *Cough* *Cough* 4chan. So... D:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mac101010']What was the In Time Free Trial about? Is it a game based on the movie?[/QUOTE]
Nope, just a 30-day trial for IGN Prime sponsored by In Time.

bread's done
Back