Notice: Stop Linking to CAG on RedFlagDeals

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
If you haven't seen, the rules were updated in mid-June and this is listed in there:
  • No cross posting or linking to RedFlagDeals.com competitors.
What I interpret this as:

- Stop linking to CAG when you post deals from here over there and stop linking to here period. Most CAGs would rather not be sourced when something is posted there as we like this community small and away from prying eyes. This will save you from infractions and bans there. If you would like to source, put in the person's username with no link.

Also, if possible please respect the people who post new deals here. They are often RFD members themselves are are just giving a bit of a head start before posting the deal on RFD for the rest of the world.

Totally agree with you Firestorm.
We want to keep the deals in our community for as long as possible so people who want to play the games get them.

Is linking to RFD considered OK then? And I also agree with this
Most CAGs would rather not be sourced when something is posted there as we like this community small and away from prying eyes.

but I'm confused by this:

This will save you from infractions and bans there. If you would like to source, put in the person's username with no link.

Are you saying RFD could possibly ban one of their users for linking deals from here? Will turd dealers push this envelope?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Are you saying RFD could possibly ban one of their users for linking deals from here? Will turd dealers push this envelope?[/QUOTE]

I think it just cuts into their revenue. If you've noticed, links to Amazon/eBay/Dealextreme and other sites are now RFD affiliate links. I think a ban would be extreme, but it's likely RFD just wants you to post information on a deal rather than a link in the topic post.

They don't want you linking back to CAG. You can be infracted for it and infractions usually lead to a ban if it happens enough.

On CAG, link to RFD all you want. We don't have that rule as far as I'm aware. RFD advertises on CAG. I'd encourage linking to RFD as there's usually a larger discussion there.

[quote name='j940651']i got banned from RFD from posting a deal from here.[/QUOTE]

thats because you posted it over and over and over again as they deleted it...

it is nice to see rfd quickly suspending people metioning pulling outright scams against stores now.

I've always cringed when people mention CAG there, no need to bring the masses. Buts its kinda late now, they all already know.

[quote name='j940651']i got banned from RFD from posting a deal from here.[/QUOTE]

LOL! :lol:
oh i remember that... kudos to you for trying though :applause:

this whole politics between CAG and RFD seems so juvenile to me. I just want to find good local deals is that too much to ask for?

But not your permaban from what I remember. That was for suggesting someone's sexual preference. Very cool.

[quote name='Naylord']this whole politics between CAG and RFD seems so juvenile to me. I just want to find good local deals is that too much to ask for?[/QUOTE]

If you can't get your hands on those deals, then what's the point? If your local area is a heavy RFD area (like Toronto), forget getting any good deals that are posted, many RFDers will clean a store out for craigslist/TIVs elsewhere.

[quote name='Naylord']this whole politics between CAG and RFD seems so juvenile to me. I just want to find good local deals is that too much to ask for?[/QUOTE]

When hoarders from RFD get wind of deals and clear the stores out before the people that actually want to buy games to play get a chance to, yes, it is too much to ask.

That's why there's a "politics thing".

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']But not your permaban from what I remember. That was for suggesting someone's sexual preference. Very cool.
[/QUOTE]

wasn't me. my permaban says: for attempting to circumvent previous bans.
i remember i used to swear alot and i cursed out one dude jokingly comparing
him to the boss at the end of SFIV and everyone shat bricks and cried.
not sure how sexual preference got inolved in that.
(if i said motherphucker does that imply he's a heterosexual? etc.)

if you're mistaking me for HDKen still then i don't know what to tell ya.
i don't know how else to convince people i wasn't him, other than we both
were RFDers at the same time.

@laughingman - that WAS funny! the mods kept saying the coupons were
illegal and i was inciting fraud and some other such nonsense. i'm surprised
they didn't call the internet police cause RFD is known for having
the most upright, moral, ethical members anywhere.

[quote name='Firestorm']If you haven't seen, the rules were updated in mid-June and this is listed in there:
What I interpret this as:

- Stop linking to CAG when you post deals from here over there and stop linking to here period. Most CAGs would rather not be sourced when something is posted there as we like this community small and away from prying eyes. This will save you from infractions and bans there. If you would like to source, put in the person's username with no link.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for increasing awareness of this segment in the RFD terms of use and thank you for your personal interpretation, I wasn't sure I could decipher it otherwise.

I am, however, not clear on your reason for posing it here as this is not Red Flag Deals

Oh, I see. Your only interest is to help prevent possible banning of us joint membership CAGs

You're correct, it is juvenile. The "us" and "them" attitude exhibited by the more vocal posters on the Canadian CAG forums is petty and ignorant. It is also for nothing, as this is a forum visible by lurkers (such as Klepto.) There are members and guests here who engage in the same questionable, even illegal activities as a small portion of those on RFD. The social groups even have members whom I would consider hoarders.

For the record, I am no hoarder, have never committed fraud, and buy games to play before trading in. I am simply sick and tired of the elitist BS that stands between myself (and those like me) and a good deal. Some of you get so caught up in the "politics" that you forget why both communities exist. The spirit of CAG is to spread word about good deals, not to exclude people from them.

Edit: Apologies to Firestorm for the sarcasm. I have benefitted from many of your deals over the years and I appreciate that, I am simply trying to make a point.

I agree with the thoughts presented by the OP.

While CAG has some hoarders and unethical members, I feel RFD is much worse for it and I have noticed (in my limited experience) that I haven't had any trouble with getting deals that are brought up on CAG whereas deals brought up on RFD have resulted in a torrid time trying to find the bargain.

I don't begrudge anyone for using RFD of course, it's a pretty cool website. It's just a shame that some members have given it a very pro-hoarder reputation, something my personal experience(s) have confirmed. This has led to tension between the two sites, and while unfortunate, I think steps to address that are positive.

the_more_you_know.jpg

[quote name='markj']i personally just see it as a numbers game...more people on rfd=more scammers[/QUOTE]

The way I see it is this: The people here are primarily looking for gaming deals. The people there are primarily looking for deals period.

I can guarantee you a faaaaar higher ratio of RFDers would hoard and flip cases of Vagisil if there was a market for them. Aside from a few members I don't really see anyone doing that here.

/end 2c

[quote name='collector42']I can guarantee you a faaaaar higher ratio of RFDers would hoard and flip cases of Vagisil if there was a market for them.[/QUOTE]

That a Wii exclusive?

:razz:

After having the last god knows how many posts deleted on RFD for crucifying people with rusty nails who commit return fraud and gleefully brag about it, I've decided to hang it up, separate myself from the sociopaths, retire from RFD and start anew at CAG.

[...Awaits hugs from his new brethren] :D

the thing that i hate is when someone posts a CAG deal on RFD, hoarders like mahpostmaniac and keleptocrap buy a crapload of the games and trade them in for credit.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']After having the last god knows how many posts deleted on RFD for crucifying people with rusty nails who commit return fraud and gleefully brag about it, I've decided to hang it up, separate myself from the sociopaths, retire from RFD and start anew at CAG.

[...Awaits hugs from his new brethren] :D[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:

[quote name='jonkaho']the thing that i hate is when someone posts a CAG deal on RFD, hoarders like mahpostmaniac and keleptocrap buy a crapload of the games and trade them in for credit.[/QUOTE]

klepto doesn't hoard everything. Sometimes he's too lazy to get out of bed, and other times he has to wait for someone to wash his pants before he goes out.

Theres simply no point in worrying about trying to stop RFD folks from seeing deals posted here. As has been said already, anyone can look at this forum so sooner rather then later RFD scum will see the deal.
As far as the "us vs them" or elitist attitude, you can only go to RFD for so long until you've had enough of watching poster after poster brag about committing fraud & being a scum bag (you know like screaming at people to PM a zellers deal that doesnt exsist and they KNOW it doesnt exsist) yet have a millon and one excuses for why its ok for them to do it.
The problem is that its hard to browse for deals and not get exposed to some of it.

I think that people here should also stop linking RFD in their posts here as well. Rather than making a post with nothing but a link to RFD, at least copy/paste the info.

[quote name='Jbently']I think that people here should also stop linking RFD in their posts here as well. Rather than making a post with nothing but a link to RFD, at least copy/paste the info.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. Usually I like to follow the discussion of a deal on RFD, and a link is the easiest way to follow that discussion. There may be better information in the original thread since it is a bigger community after all, and not everyone is a dick there. The dicks just seem to outweigh the good people. Also, a link is like giving props to the original poster, which they deserve, rather than making it sound like you found the deal yourself.
I did fix one of my posts with a mention of the original poster since I think people should at least get props. When that happens to me it pisses me off.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I don't agree. Usually I like to follow the discussion of a deal on RFD, and a link is the easiest way to follow that discussion. There may be better information in the original thread since it is a bigger community after all, and not everyone is a dick there. The dicks just seem to outweigh the good people. Also, a link is like giving props to the original poster, which they deserve, rather than making it sound like you found the deal yourself.
I did fix one of my posts with a mention of the original poster since I think people should at least get props. When that happens to me it pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the scum there is a very vocal minority.

bread's done
Back