November on XBLM/XBLA (11/29 Small Arms Pics/Theme )

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='thrustbucket']Strange that the only ABC show they have is Day Break, yet they don't actually have it, I try to download it it says unavailable. ABC doesn't show up as a network you can browse, but you can find that show if you browse all shows.

Very weird that they got daybreak from ABC and not Lost.[/quote]

Might have something to do with the iPod versions that are on iTunes for Lost. Would be kind of nice to get them in true HD instead of just the rips from other torrent sites tho!

Does anyone know of an update or ETA for Space Giraffe?
It's the only arcade game I'm really looking foward to and I can't find any eta or general release date for it.
From the youtube movies it looked pretty much done but theres not much info about it.

EDIT:

V - Thanks Thrust!! :)

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Does anyone know of an update or ETA for Space Giraffe?
It's the only arcade game I'm really looking foward to and I can't find any eta or general release date for it.
From the youtube movies it looked pretty much done but theres not much info about it.[/QUOTE]

No ETA yet but you can follow it's development pretty closely here:
http://stinkygoat.livejournal.com/

XBLA Title for this Wednesday is.....nothing

Microsoft has announced that as part of the Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays program, it will offer a full-featured update to one of the most popular titles on the service – Texas Hold ‘em.

We’ve listened to our community and as a result, a host of features and improvements have been added to Texas Hold ‘em to speed up game-play, eliminate cheating and ensure proper competition. As a result, the online multi-player leaderboards will be reset to eliminate the inflated scores that currently appear. In a future update in early 2007, we’ll be adding Xbox Live Vision Camera support as well.

The update will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, November 29, after 0800 GMT (1:00 a.m. PST).

Below is a full list of the new features and changes in the Texas Hold ’em update:

• Game-play has been sped up:
    • Post the blind and play right away! – Players can now, if they wish, start playing immediately when joining a table by posting the big blind, rather than having to wait for the blind to come to them.
    • New ‘Away’ mode – Players can now set their status to ‘Away’. Hands will be auto-folded and blinds auto-posted until the player returns.
    • New ‘Auto-boot’ mode – Players who continuously let the timer expire (more than three times in a game) will be booted from the table
    • Faster overall pacing – Timers and messaging durations have been adjusted to speed up game-play among experienced players, but still allow novice players plenty of time to play.
  • Improved blind structure – Initial blinds, as well as blind increases, are now more proportional to table stakes, ensuring more meaningful increases during game-play.
  • Matchmaking improvements – Players are no longer matched into games they cannot afford
  • Improved interface controls – Improvements to controls, such as increasing/decreasing stake amounts
  • Leaderboard display – A player’s full winnings and rank are now properly displayed
  • Art and text improvements – Game art and spelling issues have been addressed
  • Online exploits addressed – Certain known exploits that enabled cheating have been addressed. As a result, the online multi-player leaderboards will be reset to eliminate inflated scores as a result of these exploits.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12330/Xbox-Live-Arcade-Wednesdays-Texas-Hold-em-Update/

Once again we get the shaft. Twice it was with UNO, now with Texas Hold'em

So we're not going to have any surprises before the end of the year on the arcade?

Talk about a total cock-up. Canessa made a big stink about how great the arcade was going to be going towards the end of the year.

Its not even like they're adding the camera support this time. I could understand if there were major graphical rehauls and the like. But instead, they're fixing the game and calling it an arcade release.

I'm hoping 2007 starts with a bang.

[quote name='terribledeli']So we're not going to have any surprises before the end of the year on the arcade?

Talk about a total cock-up. Canessa made a big stink about how great the arcade was going to be going towards the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
... There's four more weeks 'til the end of the year.

[quote name='Brak']... There's four more weeks 'til the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

yeah but it wasn't a month ago that he said they had so many titles coming out by years end there would be weeks with multiple releases. How much do you want to bet we'll be lucky to get 4 more titles?

Super ghey.

[quote name='thrustbucket']yeah but it wasn't a month ago that he said they had so many titles coming out by years end there would be weeks with multiple releases. How much do you want to bet we'll be lucky to get 4 more titles?

Super ghey.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That's true.

Wasn't there some mammoth-sized number that was supposed to be promised by the end of last summer, even? 100, I thought it was.

Very lame.

[quote name='Brak']Yeah. That's true.

Wasn't there some mammoth-sized number that was supposed to be promised by the end of last summer, even? 100, I thought it was.

Very lame.[/QUOTE]

Moore claimed 50 at E3 by the end of year, though it was never stated if that would mean 50 more games by that time or 50 games total on the arcade (I lean towards the latter).

My gripe is Canessa was on Major's podcast discussing how they had six titles they were confident about naming and more surprises by the end of the year. I hope a patch isn't considered a "surprise" in the future.

Four weeks left in 2006 and I'm guessing we'll see a new release next week, followed by Small Arms content, then the two final releases.

Weighing in at a colossal(!) 12.56MB, Double Dragon isn't the largest Arcade title you will set your active download manager on, but nonetheless it features enhanced graphics and supports co-operative play across Xbox Live. Neither cost or an exact release date has been confirmed, although we will not see it dropping tomorrow, as Xbox Live Wednesday this week is set to be occupied by an update for Texas Hold'em (click here for more). But this game leads yet another wave of strong Arcade titles including the cell-shaded hoverboard shooter, Street Trace: NYC, and the 'game & watch' nostalgia offered by Root Beer Tapper!

Who knows if this will even be released before the end of the year, but if its as bad as Contra, I'll pass.

Todays update:

Name: Small Arms - Picture Pack 1
Price: 100 Points
Available in: All Xbox Live regions
Dash Details: This package contains gamer pictures for the characters Fox Claw, Marky Kat, Tyrone, and Lord Peet, as well as the ‘Glazed Ham’ health item.

Name: Small Arms - Theme Pack 1
Price: 150 Points
Available in: All Xbox Live regions
Dash Details: This theme contains backgrounds of the characters Fox Claw, Marky Kat, Tyrone, and Lord Peet. Download it now!

Name: Video Blog - Flight Mechanics
Price: Free
Available in: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom and the U.S.
Dash Details: Download this Superman Returns: The Videogame Developer Video Blog for an inside look at how the revolutionary flight mechanics in the game were designed and developed.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Madden and NCAA get the alt uniforms for free tomorrow.[/quote]awesome. you got a link to this?

[quote name='thrustbucket']www.majornelson.com[/quote]Oh cool thanks. That's the first time I've actually visited that site. I'll be sure to check that site from now on before asking questions pertaining to Xbox Live.

[quote name='terribledeli']Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia trailer

NCAA Vintage jerseys are online[/QUOTE]

NCAA football, correct? Free?

When are the Madden ones supposed to show up?

[quote name='doubledown']NCAA football, correct? Free?

When are the Madden ones supposed to show up?[/QUOTE]

The NCAA ones were online for free, but Madden weren't up as of 6:30 AM CST this morning.

It looked like the NCAA jerseys were divided up by divisions or you had the option to download all of them in one big file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back