Novint Falcon Weekend Deal - 35% off any bundle with coupon code Novint35off

Supercop007

CAG Veteran
1127wau.jpg

From now until midnight on Monday, the Novint Falcon bundles will be 35% off with coupon code Novint35off.

It comes out to be about $120.25 + $19.99 shipping = $140.24 for black and $113.75 + $19.99 = $133.74 for white.

One of my buddies picked one up during their Black Friday sale and he's loving it after he got used to it. For the most part they support most of Valve's Source engine games except Left 4 Dead 2 which will probably be supported in the future (they supported the original Left 4 Dead).

https://home.novint.com/store/store.php

Interesting. Mildly tempting as well, but I can't see it being any more useful than my Logitech G15 keyboard and G5 mouse. It's far too much of a gimmick for me to justify the cost. $50, and I'd do it in an instant. $75 and I'd probably do it. More than $100 and not really worth it.

I looked up a video for the Novint Falcon and found some other codes. atkfalcon gets you (i think) 40% off. Anyway, it took the black one down to $110.99. Here's a link to the video w/ comments that have the codes

The 2nd video was an excellent review. Makes me want to get one! Especially if you're saying Team Fortress 2 is supported! So.... if 130 CAGs donated $1 each... =)

With Akira's atkfalcon code, the white model becomes $104.99 shipped. I'm very close to pulling the trigg... bah I pulled it.

I purchased one and returned it a few days later. Cool concept, and some of the feedback really added to the game. However, the deal breaker for me was the few titles that supported it at the time were not built into the game. So you needed to download extra patches from Novint to get it working for the few games they supported.
I see 2 problems with this method:
1) If novint ever goes under, your device becomes a paperweight.
2) For multiplayer games, this can be an issue as you are now running a different version of the game.
I must admit that they are showing some improvements getting support built in with future AAA titles, and I heard they are trying to get a "logitech" like aplet to map your own functions.
I would have kept it, but the 2 above were deal breakers for me as this wouldn't be the first device I had that support went MIA and so did the device.

bread's done
Back