*NOW LIVE*TRU "Up to $20 off" sale-CoD:MW3, Forza 4, AC:R, Skyrim, more 12/18-24

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12459211

Sale runs from 12/18 thru 12/24. See link above for full list of items.
Sale will be both in-store and online.
Combine this with the Google/TRU promo for additional savings.
Free shipping on $49+ orders. sorry, this doesn't apply to video games. Damn u TRU!

Thanks to redflare for making the list:

Save up to $20 on these games :360: & :ps3:
Skyrim $39.99 - seems to be the best deal so far on this
Rage $39.99, under $20 on Amazon
Assassin's Creed: Revelations $44.99 - wait for Best Buy sale 12/25 for $30
Call of Duty: MW3 $47.99 - wait for Best Buy sale 12/25 for $40
Goldeneye 007 $47.99
Ratchet & Clanket All 4 One $44.99
Uncharted 3 $44.99
Forza 4 $39.99
Gears Of War 3 $39.99
Dance Central (original) $34.99
Kinect Sports (original) $34.99
Sims 3 Pets $39.99
Tin Tin $44.99
Rayman: Origins $44.99
MGS HD Collection $34.99
Dead Island $39.99, on sale for $29.99 at Target
Check the top link for :wii: titles

Sunday and Monday Only!
Free $60 GC when you buy the Xbox 360 4gb Bundle with Kinect
Free $10 GC when you buy ANY Kinect game priced $39.99 or more

Kinect sensor $109.99
Kinect Zoom $19.99
Xbox 360 quick charge kit $19.99

There's also 2 third party Xbox controllers on sale, an Ear Force headset, and some docking station for the 360 controllers.

B1G1 40% off all titles $19.99 and under.
B1G1 50% off the Ubisoft dance games (Wii versions only).

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard TRU is pricematching other adds. Is this true? Where can i find this in case they give me a hassle trying to do it? I need to return/rebuy skyrim and dead island tomorrow. Dead island is 29.99 at target, not 39.99 so i want to get them to PM it. I need to know if they actually are doing that and if so, where was it announced in case i need a source or they give me crap

Im also still very curious about this whole BS about them supposedly not refunding me the full amount because of the giftcard. Looking at the giftcard it expires in like a month. Im not sure how they can withold some of my money and leave it only on a giftcard that friggin expires. There may be a bad scene at the return desk

They are doing it at all stores till Christmas eve I believe. They PM'd Dead Island on Sunday for me to match Targets $29.99 ad that I brought in. I suppose you can call your store to double check. Bring your ad.

If you bought them before and got a $25 gift card for buying those two games that you want to return/rebuy, then I think they will take $25 off your return, or something like that. Its usually pretty easy to figure out if you look at your receipt.

Video Games going cheap. Great year for Video Games and great time for deals so you don't have to wait too long to play them. Holidays plus some market competition = one of the best years of games in a long time.

I had no luck price matching at my TRU. One of the associates went to talk to a manager and they said they don't price match video games. I was like "really?"

[quote name='1020chase']rayman will probably be the next game i get that doesnt just get added to my backlog...looks awesome[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is Rayman Origins EXTREMELY difficult? I could hardly get anywhere in the demo.

Here I am, an old-school gamer, seasoned with the side-scrolling likes of Ghosts & Goblins, Bionic Commando, E-SWAT, Robocop, etc. I consider Demon's Souls and Dark Souls easy games. The demo for Rayman Origins is HARD.

My backlog is way too big to grant Origins an exception, so I'll still wait for it to hit $20. On the other hand, I really want to support them for making a challenging, big-budget, 2D side-scroller!

Walmart gave me grief trying to price match this with my iPhone. The cashier was cool, but the manager was grumpy, and said she wasn't allowed to do it without an ad.

She then went to Customer Service to find a TRU ad, and couldn't find one, but said that she wasn't supposed to, but she would do it this one time. She was extremely hateful, but I can't say too much, because at least that she did it. I thought that Walmart didn't need physical ads to price match anymore?

Toys R Us does NOT PRICEMATCH

I could not get them to pricematch target for Dead Island even with the ad. Thats why i was asking if anyone had an actual source where they mentioned they would be price matching until the holidays. No one ever did. TRU's policy has always pretty much been fuck you to the customer and they have never pricematched. I dont know why some of you think they are right now. Unless someone can cite a source verifying they are doing this, then im guessing a couple of you just got lucky at a few random stores. Because the same shitty coroprate policy of not pricematching jack still seems to be in effect

[quote name='fgnbtz']I had no luck price matching at my TRU. One of the associates went to talk to a manager and they said they don't price match video games. I was like "really?"[/QUOTE]

yup same here. It worked out for the best though. What i did was return BOTH Dead Island and Skyrim. THen used the giftcard to buy Skyrim by itself. Wound up paying about 18 bucks for SKyrim and picked up dead Island at Target

Screw Toys R Us. Seriously. I dont know how this place is even in business anymore. Mine is grungy and nasty as hell. A far cry from the childhood playland i recall. All the employees look souless and dead inside too. Its just a run down nasty place to be, with terrible customer policys and employees that dont give a shit

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Walmart gave me grief trying to price match this with my iPhone. The cashier was cool, but the manager was grumpy, and said she wasn't allowed to do it without an ad.

She then went to Customer Service to find a TRU ad, and couldn't find one, but said that she wasn't supposed to, but she would do it this one time. She was extremely hateful, but I can't say too much, because at least that she did it. I thought that Walmart didn't need physical ads to price match anymore?[/QUOTE]

I got the same grief on another deal at a walmart, but as of like 3 days ago, their policy is still that you don't need to have the ad to pricematch.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Toys R Us does NOT PRICEMATCH

I could not get them to pricematch target for Dead Island even with the ad. Thats why i was asking if anyone had an actual source where they mentioned they would be price matching until the holidays. No one ever did. TRU's policy has always pretty much been fuck you to the customer and they have never pricematched. I dont know why some of you think they are right now. Unless someone can cite a source verifying they are doing this, then im guessing a couple of you just got lucky at a few random stores. Because the same shitty coroprate policy of not pricematching jack still seems to be in effect

Screw Toys R Us. Seriously. I dont know how this place is even in business anymore. Mine is grungy and nasty as hell. A far cry from the childhood playland i recall. All the employees look souless and dead inside too. Its just a run down nasty place to be, with terrible customer policys and employees that dont give a shit[/QUOTE]

As a TRU employee, I can tell you TRU is price matching until the 24th. It's a national policy, in fact I did a couple price matches today for customers. True that they have not match prices for the last few years, but they changed their policy just for this year's holiday season. Once Christmas is over, price matching is done.

It's a shame that your store didn't honor a price match.

there is a giant sign in front of my tru on the front door saying they price match. its ymmv, so stop whining.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Toys R Us does NOT PRICEMATCH

yup same here. It worked out for the best though. What i did was return BOTH Dead Island and Skyrim. THen used the giftcard to buy Skyrim by itself. Wound up paying about 18 bucks for SKyrim and picked up dead Island at Target

Screw Toys R Us. Seriously. I dont know how this place is even in business anymore. Mine is grungy and nasty as hell. A far cry from the childhood playland i recall. All the employees look souless and dead inside too. Its just a run down nasty place to be, with terrible customer policys and employees that dont give a shit[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']there is a giant sign in front of my tru on the front door saying they price match. its ymmv, so stop whining.[/QUOTE]

screw you ass hole. Im not whining I was just pointing that OUT. People were saying that they price match and im saying that i see no real proof of that. For the 3rd time now; can someone cite a document or source showing its now corportate policy to pricematch till xmas?

No. No one has. At least an employee claims that its supposed to be the policy a few posts up but thats it. Unless theres giant signs on the door like a few people have mentioned it seems your gonna be at the utter mercy of their moronic employees

So yes, very YMMV for them to even pricematch anything

I went Christmas shopping earlier and I popped into TRU but noticed Skyrim was still priced at $60. I went back later and they just didn't have a tag for it. I bought it and Forza 4. They had a bunch of Skyrim copies too.

[quote name='Kenshindono']screw you ass hole. Im not whining I was just pointing that OUT. People were saying that they price match and im saying that i see no real proof of that. For the 3rd time now; can someone cite a document or source showing its now corportate policy to pricematch till xmas?

No. No one has. At least an employee claims that its supposed to be the policy a few posts up but thats it. Unless theres giant signs on the door like a few people have mentioned it seems your gonna be at the utter mercy of their moronic employees

So yes, very YMMV for them to even pricematch anything[/QUOTE]

All stores are supposed to be price matching. There was an email that went out from corporate that states it. But more then likely you will not get any proof, just us saying that all stores are supposed to. I work there also so I know what I'm talking about. So I guess you can technically call it YMMV, but all stores are supposed to.

I just received an e-mail from TRU about a "midnight madness" doorbuster sale thursday from midnight till 6am, but it looks like the only thing video game related is "65% off batarang controllers and 3DS headsets" -- so nothing really (plus I thought those were already on sale?

Heads up CAGs: I just got my Skyrim order from TRU cancelled.

"We know you are currently awaiting delivery of your merchandise from your order 79-blah-blah-blah. Unfortunately, we were unable to fulfill your order and as a result, your order has been cancelled. You should be receiving your cancellation notification shortly, if you have not already received it. Please be assured, you have not been charged for this order and it's with our most sincere apologies that we reach out to you today.

As a token of our appreciation for your patronage, below, please find a $10.00 Off code for your use on a future Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com order. "

I ordered a copy for the 360 early on the first day -- showing as in stock -- and it went to backordered by that evening. Now, this. I am seriously displeased.

KB

[quote name='RayMustachio']Do you guys know if they will fix the issues with the ps3 skyrim? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of "if", and more a matter of when. They're aware of it, and the'll get to it when they get to it. Probably sometime in January.

[quote name='patches48']It's not a matter of "if", and more a matter of when. They're aware of it, and the'll get to it when they get to it. Probably sometime in January.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks for your reply. I just picked up a ps3 copy and might go exchange it when they get some Xbox copy's in.

[quote name='young chi']Was able to price match Skyrim at walmart using the TRU ad no problem.[/QUOTE]

Did you use the paper ad or an online printout?

How are you all enjoying Skyrim so far? I thought the opening sequence was pretty awesome. I am not much further than that, but so far I am liking it quite a bit.

[quote name='TheDealHunter']Did you use the paper ad or an online printout?[/QUOTE]

I used my iPhone and showed them the online ad. They gave me grief about it though, and said they weren't supposed to do it, but did it anyway. Just to be safe, I would get the ad in the paper if you can find it, just incase you run into a douche manager.

Toys R Us wouldn't let me take the ad, just had one at the counter for customers to look at. Went to Best Buy anyway and they were aware of the deal. Didn't have to show them anything and there was no grief given.

[quote name='TheDealHunter']Did you use the paper ad or an online printout?[/QUOTE]

I used the paper ad. I was lucky because they had only one ad at coustomer service for customers to look through but I was able to secure one from the electronics booth.

Got target to price match what I bought last week and planned on picking up another as a gift but they were oos. Called around to anywhere that I would price match and everyone was oos then I called toys r us and the lady told me they had a bunch of them. I got there and the game wasn't marked on sale in the display like the other games in the ad so I guess if no one looked on the internet or in the ad they wouldn't know it wasn't 59.99 still.

I've gone to 3 TRU (since I was traveling yesterday), including my local one, and none had Skyrim for Xbox 360! Those TRU got new shipments last night, but my local one did not get restocked for Skyrim.

I want to use my TRU giftcard, so I don't want to just price-match elsewhere. Is it possible to buy the PS3 version and do a return/rebuy kind of thing for the 360 version when they get restocked? Or does TRU not allow that kind of thing (against policy or wouldn't work because of sale price now)?

[quote name='syclick']I'd love to know as well. Can't find Skyrim 360 at any local TRU stores.[/QUOTE]

Lol my store was picked clean of Skyrim the morning the ad went live.

[quote name='RayMustachio']Do you guys know if they will fix the issues with the ps3 skyrim? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I picked up yesterday on ps3. I literally got 30 mins of sleep last night. Never played an elder scrolls games before and I love it.

eddont know how much of a loser this makes me but I did spend about 30 minutes trying to hunt down a single rabbit. (no im not that easily entertained...they damn thing just moved so fast lol)

bread's done
Back