NSider Forums To Be Shut Down "Indefinitely"

Yeah, nothing major to worry about. Mostly filled with kids and spare amounts of adults who couldn't even spell "you" or "are."

3_boys.jpg

Nsider forums, [SIZE=-1]You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.[/SIZE]​

[quote name='F8X']
3_boys.jpg

Nsider forums, [SIZE=-1]You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.[/SIZE]​
[/quote]

Listen guys, if Obi-wan says it, it's truth.

Still pretty lame on Nintendo's part. Sure the forums consisted of immature 12 year olds, but occasionally there would be some useful information posted there. Kind of like the GameFAQ forums.

I can say this, though. Now that NSider Forums are gone, Serebii.net's forums are getting hammered with migrating 'tards. :(

all that joystiq article does is say how horrible nintendo is for shutting them down. I'm sure there's a good reason they're doing so. on another note, does it really matter? most video game based forums are overrun with immature little kids thinking their opinion is straight fact and everyone else is wrong.

[quote name='whitereflection']It'd be interesting if this was related to the rumors of Nintendo Power closing down and possibly becoming a Wii channel in the near future.[/quote]The Print version of Nintendo Power is now being handled by Future, who does that Official Nintendo Maganize UK.

Having seen the wretched place that was, I don't care too much. Just as long as the more obnoxious folk from there don't migrate here, we're all set ;)

I just found this out today, the only reason I went there was to find out what the Wii Virtual Console games that were being released. I suppose I could look elsewhere since I don't have a Wii.

I guess registering all those games was a waste of time then! :(

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I just found this out today, the only reason I went there was to find out what the Wii Virtual Console games that were being released. I suppose I could look elsewhere since I don't have a Wii.

I guess registering all those games was a waste of time then! :([/quote]The MyNintendo setup and the forums are two different things.

Good; those forums were crap. They were basically a mod jerkoff fest in a vain attempt to get bumped to sage and get free shit. A proper club nintendo would have avoided all of that.

Indeed. The name was NSider, which would lead some to assume it means they get inside info regarding Nintendo stuff...except that was the complete opposite when people couldn't even properly write the language they were speaking were able to gain access.

For those hating on the Nintendo forums, it wasn't all bad.

Before E3 2005, the forums were actually really good. It was the only place I could get a semi intellectual topic going on the video game industry. The GameCube forums were great and people were generally friendly. It was a good forum until the Wii was revealed. Since then, a lot of spammers started hitting up the site and a lot of kids started coming on the site as well. The forums died fast and the admin there couldn't care less. The NOAs didn't moderate the forums well and the mods (who were just regular members who were not paid) were only able to do so much.

It was once a good forum (probably the best I have ever been on (besides CAG)), but since the Wii was revealed, the forum got worse and worse.

bread's done
Back