nVidia SLI

greenbags125

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I recently purchased a graphics card with SLI capabilities. I am thinking of purchasing another identical card to put the two in SLI mode. I have no idea what's actually needed for this type of configuration. I know I probably need two PCI-E ports and some type of connector but I have no idea beyond that. If anybody can summarize it, I would appreciate it.

You motherboard needs to have 2 PCI express slots. When you buy one or if you have one just look in the manual on how to set up SLI. The card you have should have come with a little tab that you would put on both cards. It is recommended to buy the second card from the same manufacturer becuase on compatability issues. The card model has to be the same but more importantly thei BIOS on the card has to match the other BIOS. So if you find 2 same model card s with the same BIOS but from diffrent manufacturers they should still work.

To set up SLI is pretty easy. Just install the second card and add the connector across them if needed. Then just install the software. You manual should have more information if you need help.

bread's done
Back