NY Cags, a taxi question

I got a last minute one day job that will be coming up on the 18th with the software company I train with.

I'm flying into LaGuardia, arriving 4:05pm on Monday the 18th. No time crunch here, but I'm staying at Queens Court in Flushing. The actual location is the High School in Manhassett NY. Must be there by 8am the following morning. Must then leave from the school (somewhere between 3 and 4pm) back to LaGuardia to catch my 7:45pm flight.

My question: Do I have to rent a car? I know I can get from the airport to hotel by taxi. I called the customer and the hotel, and hotel said the LIRR is about 3 blocks away. Customer said the stop is 2 blocks. I'll only have a small carryon bag, and while the time arriving is a tad early, totally doable. I'm concerned about the trip back. Will I be able to get from the school to LaGuardia? I could take the LIRR back as far as it goes--or even just back to Flushing because I know that stop--and call a cab. Or should I call a cab at the school? And isn't there some weird only one type of cab rule in NY?

I'm horrible with directions, so I'd really rather take cab/trains, but I could rent a car if need be. Advice?

A cab sounds like a good bet for you. Although you may find it a bit difficult to get a street hail cab in Queens. If you absolutely want no issues, then just call a livery car service. Carmel is (212) 666-6666 and it should not be too pricey.

i would avoid the LIRR if i were you

imo it's not worth the trouble if you're just dipping in and out in one day

agreed that a cab is the best but i've never tried to get one from there.... you can call the cab service and ask them to send one to your location

you get varying degrees of cooperation depending on which service you call

Manhassett to Laguardia Airport is less than 20 miles. You will most likely have to call a cab from the school because yellow cabs (the kinds where you whistle for on the street) are non-existent outside of Manhattan.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Has anyone in NYC landed in the CASH CAB???????????????[/quote]
i thought this was the question thats why i viewed it LOL! but yeah your safe bet is a taxi, or a limo ;)

Ok, based on the fact that this board and others told me it would be a hassle getting a cab in Manhassett, I'm renting a car. I don't care about the time it takes me to get to the location, but I'm paranoid about making my 7:45pm flight, checking in, etc. if I don't get out until 4pm.

Thanks for the input (and weirdness)

bread's done
Back