NYC CAGs Nintendo World Store Preorders over.

[quote name='shadylane']do you have to go instore to preorder or can you call?[/QUOTE]

InStore only, and I found it odd that they were not overtly advertising the fact that they are offering preorders. I was there yesterday asking all sorts of questions and they didn't try to sell it to me even once. And I even bought a DS LITE from them. It was only this morning that I called and found out that preorders have been going on since the day of the Nintendo announcement.

hmmmmmm odd well they are the nintendo store so i'm sure people will find out evetually i guess they don't want a huge rush

I wonder will they give out free stuff in midnight opening day?In the ds lite grand opening they hand out to first 100 customers a free Brain Age with special sticker on cover and ds pouch.I waited nearly 4 hours for that one.I wonder how bad the lines are going to be with wii?

can anyone tell me if you preorder at the nintendo store, that you're guaranteed a copy even if you don't pick up at their midnight launch?

i'll put down the whole 250 dollars if they can guarantee my wii anytime i would like to stroll in.

[quote name='diablofreak']can anyone tell me if you preorder at the nintendo store, that you're guaranteed a copy even if you don't pick up at their midnight launch?

i'll put down the whole 250 dollars if they can guarantee my wii anytime i would like to stroll in.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly i dont wanna be out there at midnight im to lazy ^_^

I really doubt that at Nintendo's only retail store in the entire country that they would shaft people who pre-order. I would hope anyone who pre-orders would be guaranteed a system for the first 48 hours or so. They'll get as many systems as they need :)

Well folks, according to GoNintendo.com preorders at NWS have come to an end.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=5756

"Nintendo World Store Wii preorders gone!
I had heard from a couple people that the Nintendo World Store was taking Wii preorders, much like Amazon was. I figured I wouldn’t post on the info simply because the Nintendo World Store is only good for preordering if you live in the area, while Amazon is open to the world.

Just a little while ago I received an email telling me that the Nintendo World Store wasn’t taking Wii preorders anymore…because they ran out! I had heard that they are expecting 100-400 units, I couldn’t lockdown a final number. None of that matters anymore, whatever stock the store is expecting has already been accounted for. Seems like the demand for the Wii is off to a good start!

I even called the store myself to confirm that the preorder sales were finished, and indeed they were. When I pushed to find out how many units they are going to receive, I was told that they had “a sufficient amount”. Nintendo and their secrets! Thanks to everyone who emailed me about the NWS reserves."

Well, congrats to those that got them in. See you on the line!

bread's done
Back