NYC Gaming Stores?

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!
Feedback
0 (50%)
Looking to see if any of you guys know of any Gaming stores in NYC that sell games. Namely import, and old school for decent prices, but anything will do. All I know of is Game Express.

Chinatown definitely, go to to J&L on Elizabeth street, it's across the street from the NYPD 5th precinct station. There's also a mall to the right of the police station, take the escalator down you'll see a lot of little video game stores there too. Another video game store of note is in the Greenwich Village; it's where all the head shops are (take the 6th train to Astor Place). I'll probably go there soon and get you the address.

If you know how to get chinatown, there is a store called J&L on the intersection between Elizabeth Street and Canal Street. Generally, you would take Qu, R, W, or N train there. Also, closeby is Elizabeth Center (in the basement escalators) is located around the same block. I'm not sure about the exact address but it you could find the those two street then you should be fine.

Game Express is gone.
Multimedia 1.0 is under new ownership.
J&L = $$$$

Its pretty grim for independent retailers here in Manhattan.

there's a small store down the block from where Gexpress used to be (towards MSG), I think it's 2 or 3 shops down from that imbedded church, from my experiences they "ALWAYS" had better prices on games, their import selection was limited but they did take orders on games also, they also had some pretty good prices on used games as well...
my only real loss with Gexpress was the stuff they had for old consoles, the anime & figures were always overpriced imo...

Is the Game Trade Center (near South Street Seaport) still in operation?

Was a great store in the mid-90s when I lived in NYC.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']there's a small store down the block from where Gexpress used to be (towards MSG), I think it's 2 or 3 shops down from that imbedded church, from my experiences they "ALWAYS" had better prices on games, their import selection was limited but they did take orders on games also, they also had some pretty good prices on used games as well...
my only real loss with Gexpress was the stuff they had for old consoles, the anime & figures were always overpriced imo...[/QUOTE]

Do you know the name of the store?

Also, the person who owned the Gexpress by MSG in NYC bought another store somewhere in the city, and is running it how gexpress used to be run...well!

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Do you know the name of the store?

Also, the person who owned the Gexpress by MSG in NYC bought another store somewhere in the city, and is running it how gexpress used to be run...well![/QUOTE]

I had thier business card and all it said was "Cheaper Games" on it, if you remember Gexpress' location just walk on the same side towards MSG its in some electronics store they also have some games in the window, you really cant miss it , btw the other store Gexpress bought was Game Park:

Game Park Inc.
82 West Broadway (btw. Chambers & Warren st.)
New York , NY 10007
(212) 571-3466
(212) 571-3516 FAX

Wow, I didn't realize Game Express closed---it's been so long since I've been there. Game Park has been around for a long time, too.

There's also a place called Cybergames on the Upper West Side. It's right on Broadway around 103rd Street--on the east side on the street.

J&L's prices are pretty high.
But they do sell imports, pre-owned and don't charge tax (or added to the price alrdy)
The one in the Elizabeth Center has cheaper prices but less selection.

[quote name='schultzed']Is the Game Trade Center (near South Street Seaport) still in operation?

Was a great store in the mid-90s when I lived in NYC.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well since I'll be visiting Seaport soon. If anyone knows anything about this store, lemme know.

bread's done
Back