Nyko Bluwave remote and controller priority

NTolerance

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone here use the Nyko Bluwave remote? It's got a USB IR dongle and is useful for owners of universal IR remote controls.

I'm having an issue with the IR dongle always being the first controller when the PS3 starts up. The IR dongle emulates a controller to the PS3, and that controller is always plugged into a USB port. Does the PS3 always give priority to controllers that are plugged in via USB? Is there a way to change that? Whenever I start a game I always have to hit the PS button on the Sixaxis and re-assign it to controller number 1.

I have the exact same issue and haven't seen a fix. Except I programmed the Blue Wave codes into my Logitech and just use the blue wave dongle for a reciever on the PS3. Can't say I've looked around much though. I'm just happy to keep using one remote for all 5 of my devices.

[quote name='NTolerance']Anyone here use the Nyko Bluwave remote? It's got a USB IR dongle and is useful for owners of universal IR remote controls.

I'm having an issue with the IR dongle always being the first controller when the PS3 starts up. The IR dongle emulates a controller to the PS3, and that controller is always plugged into a USB port. Does the PS3 always give priority to controllers that are plugged in via USB? Is there a way to change that? Whenever I start a game I always have to hit the PS button on the Sixaxis and re-assign it to controller number 1.[/QUOTE]

So like what is happening with it?

I dont play mulitplayer games that much on my PS3 and have the Blu Wave remote. I have noticed no issues... I am using the nyko remote though as I dont ues the Blu Ray layer all that much compared to my HDDVD drive, as gets most the standard def disks.

[quote name='Snake2715']So like what is happening with it?

I dont play mulitplayer games that much on my PS3 and have the Blu Wave remote. I have noticed no issues... I am using the nyko remote though as I dont ues the Blu Ray layer all that much compared to my HDDVD drive, as gets most the standard def disks.[/QUOTE]

When the system is turned on the Bluwave remote is assigned as controller number 1 and my Sixaxis is controller number 2.

I've got the same problem but I end up just leaving the IR dongle unplugged now unless I'm going to watch a movie. Not exactly a fix, but it beats switching the controller number every time you want to play a game.

I was actually going to make another thread about this but I figure I might as well ask here: I've got a Logitech Harmony 670 and when I try to use the arrow keys to navigate menus, it seems to register way too many inputs and makes it impossible to use because it scrolls 2-3 items at a time. Anyone know if that's possible to fix?

[quote name='metaly']I've got the same problem but I end up just leaving the IR dongle unplugged now unless I'm going to watch a movie. Not exactly a fix, but it beats switching the controller number every time you want to play a game.

I was actually going to make another thread about this but I figure I might as well ask here: I've got a Logitech Harmony 670 and when I try to use the arrow keys to navigate menus, it seems to register way too many inputs and makes it impossible to use because it scrolls 2-3 items at a time. Anyone know if that's possible to fix?[/QUOTE]

Are you using the Nyko Bluwave Harmony profile? The generic PS3 profiles in the Harmony software might not work with the Bluwave.

I have the same problem. It's kind of a pain, but I just reassign the controller number.

[quote name='metaly']I was actually going to make another thread about this but I figure I might as well ask here: I've got a Logitech Harmony 670 and when I try to use the arrow keys to navigate menus, it seems to register way too many inputs and makes it impossible to use because it scrolls 2-3 items at a time. Anyone know if that's possible to fix?[/quote]

I had the same problem with my 880, but I fixed it with instructions here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R224NR3EY22DFE

Within the Harmony program, go to Devices->PS3 and select "troubleshoot" under device options.

So are you turning on the system with the PS3 remote, or at the power button itself. I have never noticed this to be a problem.

[quote name='Snake2715']So are you turning on the system with the PS3 remote, or at the power button itself. I have never noticed this to be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Turning it on via Sixaxis.

bread's done
Back