Nyko Media Hub+ for $4.99 at Kmart(originally $19.99)-possibly YMMV

These were mainly designed with the PS3 in mind and could come in handy for those of you with a two USB port PS3.

Besides adding three USB ports it also contains a port for memory cards for digital cameras and such.

This is the item I'm talking about: http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Media+Hub+

e78b923696317542

Not compatible with the PS3 slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not a big deal, but just a note that these only add 2 USB ports.[/QUOTE]
But it appears that there's a third USB port under the flash memory card port, which is why I assumed it added 3 USB ports.

The page I linked from Nyko's website lists it as a 3 port USB hub.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But it appears that there's a third USB port under the flash memory card port, which is why I assumed it added 3 USB ports.[/QUOTE]

It uses one of the USB ports the PS3 has. So 3-1=2

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It uses one of the USB ports the PS3 has. So 3-1=2[/QUOTE]
But so long as it doesn't block the other USB port while using the other one to power the hub, then that makes the total number of USB ports FOUR(three on the hub, one on the PS3).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But so long as it doesn't block the other USB port while using the other one to power the hub, then that makes the total number of USB ports FOUR.[/QUOTE]

Correct it does make it 4. But the unit itself does NOT add 3 USB ports, it adds 2, which is exactly what I said.

Actually, Nyko themselves on the page I linked call it a 3 USB port hub, so it adds THREE ports. I'm going by what I see on the one I bought and on Nyko's product page.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, Nyko themselves on the page I linked call it a 3 USB port hub, so it adds THREE ports. I'm going by what I see on the one I bought and on Nyko's product page.[/QUOTE]

Let's say your PS3 has 2 USB ports. You plug this into one USB port, you now have 1 unused USB port on the PS3 itself. Then the hub has 3 USB ports. So 1+3=4. If it really added 3 it would have 5 total ports (2+3=5).

The same goes for all USB hubs, I am not saying this is not worth the $5. I am just making some information available to those who wish to know more.

When I said it was adding 3 ports, I meant the three from the hub. I didn't want to get into a debate over silly shit like how it takes up a USB port and go back and forth over it. In the end, it still ADDS 3 ports, even though it takes a USB port to use the hub. For those with only 2 USB ports on their PS3 to begin with, it should be useful, since it even adds an SD and memory stick slot via the hub.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When I said it was adding 3 ports, I meant the three from the hub. I didn't want to get into a debate over silly shit like how it takes up a USB port and go back and forth over it. In the end, it still ADDS 3 ports, even though it takes a USB port to use the hub. For those with only 2 USB ports on their PS3 to begin with, it should be useful, since it even adds an SD and memory stick slot via the hub.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I'm with saix on this one. In no way does it add 3 ports, it provides 3 ports. The word adding implies that it provides 3 extra usb ports where in essence it only provides 2 extra because of the one it uses to power.

That being said it's a good deal for those that need it.

Potato fuckin' potato. It adds THREE fuckin' ports. God. You people are fuckin' ridiculous arguing over such silly shit. And people wonder why I don't wanna post deals. When you have morons who have nothing better to do than argue over such stupidity.

It adds three ports to a console which only had two prior while using one port to power the hub, thus giving you FOUR ports instead of the original two.

Don't like my explanation, then fuck ya. I'm done explaining how I see it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Potato fuckin' potato. It adds THREE fuckin' ports. God. You people are fuckin' ridiculous arguing over such silly shit. And people wonder why I don't wanna post deals. When you have morons who have nothing better to do than argue over such stupidity.

It adds three ports to a console which only had two prior while using one port to power the hub, thus giving you FOUR ports instead of the original two.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair it takes two to argue and you are arguing your side as well

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Potato fuckin' potato. It adds THREE fuckin' ports. God. You people are fuckin' ridiculous arguing over such silly shit. And people wonder why I don't wanna post deals. When you have morons who have nothing better to do than argue over such stupidity.

It adds three ports to a console which only had two prior while using one port to power the hub, thus giving you FOUR ports instead of the original two.

Don't like my explanation, then fuck ya. I'm done explaining how I see it.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^ THIS
I am with CheapestGamer stupidest argument in history.:roll:

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I'm sorry but I'm with saix on this one. In no way does it add 3 ports, it provides 3 ports. The word adding implies that it provides 3 extra usb ports where in essence it only provides 2 extra because of the one it uses to power.

That being said it's a good deal for those that need it.[/QUOTE]
How does it only add two ports? There's THREE on the damned hub. There's one that will be unused on the PS3. It therefore adds the three that're on the hub itself.

Arguing over such silly shit is totally a waste of time, but it seems like that's all anyone ever does when I post what I feel is a deal.

"omg the shipping is too much"(GoHastings deals)
"no it only adds two ports cuz I suck at math"(this deal)

Shall I go on?

And people wonder why I am leaning towards becoming a lurker and not posting deals anymore. Every time I post something it's someone coming back with some stupid bs about it.:roll:

I deleted that expletive laced post since it was quite insulting. I understand where you're coming from, but it just seems juvenile to argue over word usage.

It does add three ports while taking up one to do so. Simple as that.

I'm just a lil sick of posting deals, only to have people poo-poo them. Whenever I post a GoHastings price that seems decent, people always have to chime in about the 'omg outrageous shipping cost PER item'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I deleted that expletive laced post since it was quite insulting. I understand where you're coming from, but it just seems juvenile to argue over word usage.

I'm just a lil sick of posting deals, only to have people poo-poo them. Whenever I post a GoHastings price that seems decent, people always have to chime in about the 'omg outrageous shipping cost PER item'.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to shit on the deal nor insult you. The way I worded my statement in no way had anything negative to say other than what I believed. I stated in my first post that it was a good deal for those that needed it. I just wanted it to be clear what people are getting. For instance if say gamedealdaily.com had this and said that it added 3 extra usb ports, when people got it in the mail you know they would bitch and moan finding that it only added 2 ports since one is being used to power the system.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I'm not trying to shit on the deal nor insult you. The way I worded my statement in no way had anything negative to say other than what I believed. I stated in my first post that it was a good deal for those that needed it. I just wanted it to be clear what people are getting. For instance if say gamedealdaily.com had this and said that it added 3 extra usb ports, when people got it in the mail you know they would bitch and moan finding that it only added 2 ports since one is being used to power the system.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I am not trying to argue. There is no reason to argue facts, it's simple math 2-1+3=4. The only reason I posted what I did was the make more information known to those who are interested in purchasing it.

If you don't want your deals praised and/or ridiculed (which has NOT occurred in this thread) then don't post any more. No one is going to agree with you 100% of the time nor are they going to disagree with you 100% of the time. Yin and yang, good with the bad.

If I had a phat PS3 I would prob consider getting this, but since I have a slim sadly it is not compatible with my PS3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I deleted that expletive laced post since it was quite insulting. I understand where you're coming from, but it just seems juvenile to argue over word usage.

I'm just a lil sick of posting deals, only to have people poo-poo them. Whenever I post a GoHastings price that seems decent, people always have to chime in about the 'omg outrageous shipping cost PER item'.[/QUOTE]
You poor, picked on soul.

The way you worded how it "adds" 3 more is confusing and wrong, which has been covered. The fact that you rage about this is kind of weird. Go get yourself laid or something, bro.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']You poor, picked on soul.

The way you worded how it "adds" 3 more is confusing and wrong, which has been covered. The fact that you rage about this is kind of weird. Go get yourself laid or something, bro.[/QUOTE]
It DOES add THREE though(on the hub), albeit while using one of the two USB ports.:roll:

Am I the only one who happens to see that there's THREE USB ports on the hub?

I'm not expecting anyone to 'praise' the deal, but basic math says that 1+3=4 and there's THREE USB ports on the hub. So even though it uses up one port of the two on a non BC PS3 to power the hub, it still ADDS 3 ports.

Or do I have to go into Paint and point out the third port at the bottom of the hub for those who are blind and keep saying the hub only adds two?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It DOES add THREE though(on the hub), albeit while using one of the two USB ports.:roll:

Am I the only one who happens to see that there's THREE USB ports on the hub?[/QUOTE]

No we can all see that it has 3 USB ports, but we also know how to do extremely simple math.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It DOES add THREE though(on the hub), albeit while using one of the two USB ports.:roll:

Am I the only one who happens to see that there's THREE USB ports on the hub?[/QUOTE]

We all see that, the problem lies with your use of the word "add." Yes the hub has 3 usb slots but also consumes one to use therefor it does not add 3, It adds 2.

It still adds the THREE from the hub while using the one USB port to power it. How the fuck does it only add two?:roll: You're subtracting one port from the hub to make up for the one used to power it?:roll::roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It still adds the THREE from the hub while using the one USB port to power it. How the fuck does it only add two?:roll: You're subtracting one port from the hub to make up for the one used to power it?:roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

Here is another example.

I tell you I'll add $10 to your wallet if you give me $5. How many dollars did I add to your wallet??

Semantics. It's a deal if someone wants to ADD 3 ports to their PS3 while using one to power the hub.

I'm not arguing this anymore. It still adds three while using the one for power.

If ya like the deal, great. If not and you wanna argue more about how it 'omg doesn't really add this and blah blah blah', whatever.

Am I the only one who happens to see that there's THREE USB ports on the hub?

I'm not expecting anyone to 'praise' the deal, but basic math says that 1+3=4 and there's THREE USB ports on the hub. So even though it uses up one port of the two on a non BC PS3 to power the hub, it still ADDS 3 ports.

Or do I have to go into Paint and point out the third port at the bottom of the hub for those who are blind and keep saying the hub only adds two?[/QUOTE]

Laughing. Out. Loud. You really do like to make yourself the martyr, don't you?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Semantics. It's a deal if someone wants to ADD 3 ports to their PS3 while using one to power the hub.

I'm not arguing this anymore. It still adds three while using the one for power.

If ya like the deal, great. If not and you wanna argue more about how it 'omg doesn't really add this and blah blah blah', whatever.[/QUOTE]

Dude so far the only one that has acted childish or malicious is you so don't try to throw this back on us.

I already said that it was a great deal, again I'm not discrediting it and I don't think anyone here is we're just clarifying for anyone interested

Hahaha, how is this guy still trying to defend the hub "adding" three more ports? It doesn't. Accept that you made a mistake and move on. This is just getting pathetic.

I'll make a hub that has two slots and uses both slots so this guy can make a deal thread for my hub claiming it adds two USB ports to your PS3!

:roll: Again, semantics. Most people know by now that USB hubs typically take up a slot to add more. But I suppose you have to explain everything in the utmost detail for the dumbasses who won't realize that, huh?

I should've just left it at 'Nyko Media Hub $5 at Kmart' and left the rest to others, rather than trying to be nice and actually give more detail to be nitpicked by others for being 'omg wrong'.

Not to get off subject or anything, but I have one of these. I like it. It's worth 5 bucks. Not going to join the argument of how many usb ports it actually adds, but I do want to mention that it is also a memory card reader as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: Again, semantics. Most people know by now that USB hubs typically take up a slot to add more. But I suppose you have to explain everything in the utmost detail for the dumbasses who won't realize that, huh?

I should've just left it at 'Nyko Media Hub $5 at Kmart' and left the rest to others, rather than trying to be nice and actually give more detail to be nitpicked by others for being 'omg wrong'.[/QUOTE]

That excuse only works when the words mean the same thing.

HAS and ADD aren't even close to the same, but go ahead and cry about being wrong instead of accepting it like a man. Who knew getting corrected by someone else would be such a horrible experience? People were originally trying to help you and then you blew it up into a big argument by continuing to defend your viewpoint, no matter how many times you were proved wrong. He even said it was not a big deal until you turned it into a two page argument.

[quote name='rex kwon do']Not to get off subject or anything, but I have one of these. I like it. It's worth 5 bucks. Not going to join the argument of how many usb ports it actually adds, but I do want to mention that it is also a memory card reader as well.[/QUOTE]
That's good to know. Thanks. I myself have a Rockband USB hub I picked up from Target for $5. It's externally powered.

I always hated how the ps3 only had 2 usb ports... 4 seems like such the obvious way to go. $5 might just be worth it.
Thanks OP!

Thanks IATCG , but i got 4 usb ports on my 60. I cant believe you guys are arguing about this. The fukin thing has 3 usb ports, but it uses 1 on the ps3...so your really get 2 extra ports...simple.

YOO btw darkslime...i posted a pic of that mystery 2600 cart in the yardsale thread, chk it out. Maybe you can tell me WTF it is.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I'm not expecting anyone to 'praise' the deal, but basic math says that 1+3=4 and there's THREE USB ports on the hub. [/QUOTE]
Your PS3 only has 1 USB port?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That excuse only works when the words mean the same thing.

HAS and ADD aren't even close to the same, but go ahead and cry about being wrong instead of accepting it like a man. Who knew getting corrected by someone else would be such a horrible experience? People were originally trying to help you and then you blew it up into a big argument by continuing to defend your viewpoint, no matter how many times you were proved wrong. He even said it was not a big deal until you turned it into a two page argument.[/QUOTE]

That I did say. I wasn't trying to say he was wrong or anything similar. I was just pointing out some additional info. Never once in my first few posts did I insult or whine. I may have in later posts because I found the OP replies rather funny and I was trying to correct his error, but he refused to see it which is his right and choice to.

I do find it funny how he said he was done and I never replied till now, yet he replied often.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']You poor, picked on soul.

The way you worded how it "adds" 3 more is confusing and wrong, which has been covered. The fact that you rage about this is kind of weird. Go get yourself laid or something, bro.[/QUOTE]
I think a majority of people in this thread need to get laid. I mean.. Really? :roll:

bread's done
Back