Nyko - Wii Nunchuk Wireless Adapter ($8.95 w/ free shipping)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Thanks OP--does anyone have one of these and, if so, any thoughts on wireless lag?[/quote]Yes, any recommendations for/against?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Thanks OP--does anyone have one of these and, if so, any thoughts on wireless lag?[/quote]

I have had it since it launched pretty much and I love it. There is no lag or if there is it is not noticeable. I also love the weight and more balance it adds to the nunchuck which has always been way too light in my opinion.

brilliant thanks for the review ill order one

Doesn't look like it works with anything but a "naked" Wiimote, which is a deal killer. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='lilboo']^ That's true.. :whistle2:k

Also, whats the battery life like?[/QUOTE]

They claim 60 hours on 2 AAA batteries - Amazon reviews seem to indicate that this is accurate.

As tempted as I am to pick one (or two) of these up, without knowing how exactly the MotionPlus will work (will there be another connection at the bottom of it?), I'd hate to buy this and not be able to use it in a few month's time.

Great price, though.

I bought one at Gamestop a few months back and love it. It was only $9.99, so if you want one today, that's only a buck more than buy.com assuming it's still that price.

As for battery life, I think 60 hours is stretching it, but I did play through the bulk of Okami with it. Probably 30-40 hours.

Yes, it's a great device; the weight and shape are perfect, there isn't any lag at all, and although I've only used it for about 40 hours the included batteries are still in there. Buy it; it's great.

[quote name='alison']As tempted as I am to pick one (or two) of these up, without knowing how exactly the MotionPlus will work (will there be another connection at the bottom of it?), I'd hate to buy this and not be able to use it in a few month's time.

Great price, though.[/QUOTE]

I would assume there will be another connection, as otherwise, you wouldn't be able to even use the standard chuck with it ;)

The naked wiimote thing is a very valid point though, but I'm wondering if the inevitable condoms for the motion plus will be long enough for this to fit when playing non-motion plus games...

[quote name='Zmonkay']I would assume there will be another connection, as otherwise, you wouldn't be able to even use the standard chuck with it ;)

The naked wiimote thing is a very valid point though, but I'm wondering if the inevitable condoms for the motion plus will be long enough for this to fit when playing non-motion plus games...[/QUOTE]

Very true - after I posted my initial concerns, I googled "Motionplus" and found some pics that show what looks to be a connection port on the bottom.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/nintendo-motionplus-hands-on-blah/927116/

There are also pics with the longer Wii-condom/Motionplus combo.

[quote name='lilboo']Nice.
Now, can someone clarify about if you can only do this while the remote is naked?[/quote]

Yes, I put the condom thing on the Wiimote and it was a no go. Also, I am pretty sure you cannot have anything on the Nunchuck either since it is a pretty perfect fit.

[quote name='alison']As tempted as I am to pick one (or two) of these up, without knowing how exactly the MotionPlus will work (will there be another connection at the bottom of it?), I'd hate to buy this and not be able to use it in a few month's time.

Great price, though.[/quote]

When I looked at it at E3 I specifically looked for a connection at the bottom and it did. Who knows if they'll keep it, but I suspect they'd have to if you want to connect a Nunchuk to it.

Just got mine today, and want to add that the wireless dongle DOES fit inside the Wiimote condom. If you stretch out the end opening (where the 'chuck normally plugs in), you can slide it up the Wiimote and out of the way enough to plug in the dongle. Then you can slide it back down and stretch it around the dongle. I'd take a pic, but I don't have a digital camera (I know, I know...). Works great too. THANKS OP!

bread's done
Back