Nyko Zero Ps3 at Sam's...$30

terutt

CAGiversary!
Thought about it...but I am pretty unclear on if this thing has rumble or not....

Looked over the packaging pretty thoroughly...no indication of rumble support

But a lot of sites I read did seem to indicate it did support rumble.

I am a little suspscious as it looked like the $30 pricing was a markdown from something in the $40 range...

Anyone know...did at one point Nyko introduce a PS3 controller without rumble, and that is likely what is at Sam's, and so they are just trying to blow them out before they become irrelevant (this is what I suspect)

Its got rumble and sixaxis support. It seems the only negative is that it isn't bluetooth and uses a usb dongle. (This could be a plus if you are one of those folks that have Bluetooth drops, I've never had 'em myself)

Actually the one at Sams club is the old Zero Controller that came out around launch time. It does not have the new Vibration feature. Only Gamestop Carries those so far.

I bought this controller a while back hoping it would have a similar feel to the Xbox 360 controller. It did NOT. It was not all that comfortable. It has some improvements over the Sixaxis (most notably the concave sticks and triggers), but overall it is WORSE than Sixaxis.

Everything I've heard about the new ZERO is that it may be the only third party controller that's actually better than the first party. If this isn't the new one than you may want to wait for that one or wait out for the real Dualshock 3 as it's $5 cheaper at MSRP.

I have the PS2 Zero($15 gamestop) and it is actually quite good....I like it....also really like the original logitech wireless ps2 controllers (they came out wit a later version that was total crap).

But...as much as I hate to say it..the best controller out there in my opinion is the one that comes with the 360.....

Not a fan of the six-axis that I got with my Ps3...feels too light, not a fan of the recharging scheme, and don't know why you would go with bt when wireless is a proven (and better for this application) technology...maybe I will go check out the new Zero PS3 at gamestop

[quote name='mugs']I bought this controller a while back hoping it would have a similar feel to the Xbox 360 controller. It did NOT. It was not all that comfortable. It has some improvements over the Sixaxis (most notably the concave sticks and triggers), but overall it is WORSE than Sixaxis.[/quote]

Same here. I got mine a little while ago, and 10 minutes after I tried it out, I sent it back to Amazon, and ordered a DS3 from play-asia. It just doesn't feel right.

The DS3 addresses one of my two major complaints with the Sixaxis (too light and the triggers are terrible), so I'm satisified with my purchase.

bread's done
Back