Nyko Zero Wireless PS3 Controller $24.99 Buy.com w/Free Ship; Tax in CA, MD, MA, TN

norry

CAG Veteran
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203532125

Nyko P/N 83009

Sounds like a great deal for a 3rd-party PS3 controller with rumble and Six-Axis functions. Playstation The Official Magazine or PSM 100% Independent Magazine before they changed (I forgot which) gave it a good rating. Has backlit X,O,Square, Triangle buttons. Unfortunately you don't get to pick the color as they are randomly shipped: black, white, or silver, but they all look decent. It's not Bluetooth, so you do have to use their USB dongle, and you can't turn on your PS3 remotely. However, I find myself having to recharge my DualShock 3 all the time because Bluetooth seems to be such an energy hog. Looks like it comes with a rechargeable NiMH battery pack AND regular pack into which you can place two regular AA batteries. 10-foot USB cable, too. I've been burned before by Buy.com canceling their orders for no apparent reason, but for this price, I might just risk a bite.

Yeah, I saw this in Buy.com's weekly email blast today and this is a great deal and 1/2 the price of the Sony Dualshock controller!!

I never had a problem with any of the Nyko brand products and with Buy.com. I think they only cancel orders if the mfg company doesn't have enough stock on hand to cover all the orders right????

But for $24.99 with Free shipping, this is still a great deal and I would jump on this before they run out.

Also if you can still use Google Checkout this is only $14.99 !!!

Here is a 5% off coupon from Buy.com if you can't use the GCO - http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074

Thanks

I know two guys who really like these, especially for those of us with average (American average anyways) to larger hands.
I really liked it when I tried it, I am ordering one because I hate the damn OEM dual-shocks size and finish. Wish I could pick the color, but I have a 2/3 chance of getting one I want so I am pulling the trigger. If only someone would make one with asymmetric analog sticks.

The 5% off coupon you posted strips the affiliate bonus though.
zero-black.jpg

35341.jpg

up to 25 hours of playtime? I only charged my six axis 2 times and it doesn't even seem to last that long

Thanks for the heads-up! Picked up another to join the one I've had for some time now.

Solid controller, though the d-pad is a little wonky (there's some lateral wiggle/play in the pad for some reason, and it's raised a good bit over the actual controller surface, giving it a bit of a '360 d-pad' feel). Aside from that, it's miles better than the standard PS3 controller, particularly in the triggers and sticks. Playtime is good with the included pack, and if you use the AA pack option with 2500mAH rechargeables, it seemingly goes on forever.

tempting and I'll think I'll bite now.$I wasn't going to originally when I saw it in the email, but I think Ill give it a shot, at this price.

edit: ordered, not choosing the color is annoying, but I dont care, I would take the black, buy like the silver as well, or maybe white. In any case I would have had a hard time choosing anyways.

But the most annoying thing about this, it has a usb reciever, so it doesn't just work like the six axis, you'll have a usb doggle sticking off you ps3 and one less usb slot.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']tempting and I'll think I'll bite now.$I wasn't going to originally when I saw it in the email, but I think Ill give it a shot, at this price.

edit: ordered, not choosing the color is annoying, but I dont care, I would take the black, buy like the silver as well, or maybe white. In any case I would have had a hard time choosing anyways.

But the most annoying thing about this, it has a usb reciever, so it doesn't just work like the six axis, you'll have a usb doggle sticking off you ps3 and one less usb slot.[/quote]

I am already hubbed so I am not worried that; The larger size and user replaceable battery alone make it worth it for me.

The black is sexy, I have seen it in person. I have not seen the silver (but that would be great) or white but I have enough white sh*t. If the sku's are the same it might make for an exchange.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am already hubbed so I am not worried that; The larger size and user replaceable battery alone make it worth it for me.

The black is sexy, I have seen it in person. I have not seen the silver (but that would be great) or white but I have enough white sh*t. If the sku's are the same it might make for an exchange.[/QUOTE]

I'll see about the color, if the white is not what I am expecting then maybe I'll try to return it. I got a hub, but thats just one more thing sticking off of the hub now.

Yeah I was going to post this. I was looking for a good deal for this controller and Buy.com answered my prayers! I really like Buy.com, although, like the OP said, they are prone to overselling and then outright canceling orders. Remember about 18 months ago when the Wii had just been out for a week or two and Buy.com had that crazy sale with the Google Checkout launch? It was like 20 dollars off of brand new Wii games or something like that. That was so awesome. :D

Yea, it's a steal for a contoller of this caliber.
I am not about to buy another full priced DS3 with sony talking about a third official wii type controller for the casual games.

I'm in. $17.30 shipped (with $10 google checkout).

Really hope it is as good as you guys are saying. I only have one Sixaxis controller right now.
Itching for rumble functionality, but kept putting off the 54.99 pricetag of a DS3

Here is IGN's review of it...

http://gear.ign.com/articles/852/852422p1.html

Yeah, you brought up a good point hellbringer. I didnt want to plunk down 54.99 for a DS3, especially when Sony might come out with a Wii like controller. But for under 20 bucks for this controller, it is certainly the right price for me.

[quote name='mwestep']I'm in. $17.30 shipped (with $10 google checkout).

Really hope it is as good as you guys are saying. I only have one Sixaxis controller right now.
Itching for rumble functionality, but kept putting off the 54.99 pricetag of a DS3

Here is IGN's review of it...

http://gear.ign.com/articles/852/852422p1.html

Yeah, you brought up a good point hellbringer. I didnt want to plunk down 54.99 for a DS3, especially when Sony might come out with a Wii like controller. But for under 20 bucks for this controller, it is certainly the right price for me.[/quote]

Yea it's a no brainer at this price if you want an extra cont. for the PS3.
45523.jpg

I have 3 other friends I play with so I have to buy 3 more controllers. I rather spend $20 per one then $55!! With that extra cash, I can buy 2 more PS3 Games ha ha. :applause:

As a backup controller, I will just give these to my friends to use when they come over and play.

I would infinitely love any company who makes a PS3 controller where the analog sticks are placed similarly to how the 360's analog sticks are placed.

[quote name='CaoPi']this uses 2 kind of batteries? Anyone know how long they last?[/quote]

Well you can use 2 AA batteries and I don't know how long these will last.

The Rechargeable NiMH battery provides up to 25 hours of play time.

I'm in for one... I hate you CAG, you make me spend money I don't have. :p

I don't mind either color, but I'd love to get my hands on that Silver one. I already have a White DS3 and the regular black SixAxis, so the silver would complete my set!

yeah, my plan is to pick up some rechargeable NiMHs. i'm looking at the duracell precharged rechargeables (low-discharge NiMHs).

Got mine yesterday after FedEx bullshitted me for a week with the lame "residence restrictions" crap.

Anyway, I got the white one I gambled with and the controller is very nice looking. No time to use it yet but will update with my impressions when I get a chance. Thanks again OP!

Edit: Deal is dead, so please move to the graveyard. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fyi folks, I ordered this a couple of weeks ago...my controller works fine but the cable is a dud. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem, but just thought I'd share.

IMO the controller is decent at best...the triggers are unproportionally small and the battery box bulge gets in the way of your fingers. The ergo of it is great except for the battery box bulge, though.

bread's done
Back