Obama deserves another Nobel Peace Prize for his handling of Libya and Japan crisis

rumblebear

CAGiversary!
His historic awe-inspiring speeches on these tragedies have already inspired the world to come together to solve the issues. We all know how he just got the UN to issue a no-fly zone against Libya and uniting the world to lend tremendous support to Japan. Had it been any other President more miseries and sufferings would ensue. Well Obama haters? Even you have agree that Obama did an amazing saintly job to raise the world above these tragedies.

[quote name='cochesecochese']We really need a mod for this forum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then there are those who get all upset because they get modded for flaming...

[quote name='UncleBob']Yeah, but then there are those who get all upset because they get modded for flaming...[/QUOTE]
or trolling incessantly while masking pseudo-intellectualism as actual substance ;)

Yup. Those who have been modded for trolling have been upset about it as well. Since I've not been modded, I wouldn't know though... how `bout you?

I do not understand the question. Are you asking whether I have been disciplined by a mod? If that is the case then the answer is no I have not; I have never even had so much as a warning from a mod here.

I'm already beginning to regret asking this but...to whom are you referring as 'those who have been modded' ?

[quote name='UncleBob']Yup. Those who have been modded for trolling have been upset about it as well. Since I've not been modded, I wouldn't know though... how `bout you?[/QUOTE]

U-MAD-BRAH.jpg

[quote name='cochesecochese']I do not understand the question. Are you asking whether I have been disciplined by a mod? If that is the case then the answer is no I have not; I have never even had so much as a warning from a mod here.

I'm already beginning to regret asking this but...to whom are you referring as 'those who have been modded' ?[/QUOTE]

I am assuming the classical South Park "they".

coche doesn't like it when people don't proclaim Obama as God-King, and so he wants his own, personal mod to silence those he doesn't agree with?

Yeah, I knew there was a reason I hadn't read a thread in this forum for weeks...

[quote name='cochesecochese']I'm already beginning to regret asking this but...to whom are you referring as 'those who have been modded' ?[/QUOTE]

I can think of at least six regulars on the vs. forum who have been modded for trolling/flaming. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but each one of those six tend to lean (or careen) towards the left politically.

[quote name='UncleBob']I can think of at least six regulars on the vs. forum who have been modded for trolling/flaming. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but each one of those six tend to lean (or careen) towards the left politically.[/QUOTE]

But only the right leaning ones get banned. Selection effect or liberal agenda to underscore the right on CAG.

[quote name='cindersphere']But only the right leaning ones get banned. Selection effect or liberal agenda to underscore the right on CAG.[/QUOTE]

JJ wasn't right leaning in the least bit. Other left-leaning folks have had temp bans as well.

How would even know who got "modded" unclebob? unless they tell you.

Also I find CAG to be fair and balanced. Like actually, really, fair and balanced.

EDIT: Also camoor, that pic is hilarious!

[quote name='UncleBob']JJ wasn't right leaning in the least bit. Other left-leaning folks have had temp bans as well.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't he banned for comments in the OTT though?

[quote name='pittpizza']How would even know who got "modded" unclebob? unless they tell you.[/QUOTE]

...or if they whine in the thread when they get modded...

[quote name='cindersphere']Wasn't he banned for comments in the OTT though?[/QUOTE]

I'm no expert, but in my experience, one rarely gets completely banned for a singular incident.

OT, srsly when you hear that Karl Rove and Bill Kristol loved Obama's Nobel speech, that should raise some giant red flags. His speech basically made the same argument neocons make about invading and indefinitely occupying Muslim countries.

[quote name='UncleBob']I can think of at least six regulars on the vs. forum who have been modded for trolling/flaming. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but each one of those six tend to lean (or careen) towards the left politically.[/QUOTE]
Ahahahahahah oh wowwwwww.

So, let's be clear on this. You're upset that what was supposed to be an easy bash the 'Left' thread got successfully derailed so now you're trying to change it back to the course and switch it to 'ONLY THE LEFT GOT BANNED!!!! THEY'RE THE TRUE BAD GUYS!!!'

:applause::applause::applause: Good show! :applause::applause::applause:

You know, except for the whole woefully predictable part.

So what is the intent? Do you intend to scare me into silence by threatening me with a ban based on other, 'left-leaning' individuals in this forum? Clearly, that's not going to work. Or are you attempting to set a precedent whereby any time someone mentions anything bad about your favorite team, someone else is allowed to throw the conversation in any direction by playing the good old two-wrongs-make-a-right card?

edit: Please do not respond to this question if you will be chiming in with a variation of your standby "I never said that."

Thanks, Bob.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother responding to any of that because none of it makes sense. Your reply first attempts to determine my point ("are you doing this... or this?"), then you say I'll just claim I never said that - which is funny that you just said you have no idea what's going on, so I'm not even sure which part of your post I'm supposed to try to deny.

You're the one who brought up this entire idea of more moderation on this forum. All I did was point out that when people on this forum get moderated, they already whine and complain about it. I couldn't imagine what would happen if there was *more* moderation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UncleBob']which is funny that you just said you have no idea what's going on[/QUOTE]

I never said that.

I can play turtle and snipe too, see?

[quote name='cochesecochese']So what is the intent? Do you [...blahblahblah...]? Or are you [...blahblahblah...][/QUOTE]

[quote name='cochesecochese']I never said that.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I wanted to enjoy this thread because rumblebear is a loveable troll, but goddammit if UncleBob and Cochese didn't make me stop reading it and move along.

Now people LOOK, here's the deal. You want to know how this site leans? CheapyD is a right leaning, lifetime NRA member who owns a shotgun, two hunting rifles and a pistol. He's a great hunter, member of the Sierra Club, PETA, The Log Cabin Republicans and NPR. Also he has a Rainbow flag tatooed on his body and is an honorary member of the Catholic Church and the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints(Mormons).
Further info finds that Cheapy, in the womb, voted for both Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter.

Lol Sarang great post. Now can we all get back to the original topic on hand so we can get some opinions of rumblebear's post. I honestly don't swing either way left or right in politics. I'm not independent or a teabagger or a republican or a democrat. I vote for who I think will do the best job. Now stating forth while Obama may have made some good speeches about Japan and Libya it far from deems him worthy of another Nobel prize in my opinion. I like how he is helping to get things fixed in both countries but the main thing he needs to focus on is his promise of job creation and well lowering this defecit. My opinion with Libya though is until Gadhaffi is actually out of power things are just going to keep getting worse. We will more than likely end up in another war. Also, as far as Japan goes they will rebuild they always have even when we bombed them in Hiroshima they rebuilt. However, keep in mind when saying this I don't blame just Obama. Tell me one person that could spend 14 trillion dollars on this board and not try to balance it. I know that I cannot spend that much in my lifetime. In saying this, all parties Congress, Senate and the White House should quit being babies and work together if they can't vote them all out and put someone in there who will do the job. That is all. I open this to all criticism/trolling/flaming and opinions and I am not biased I'll be straight forward with you on my belief of your opinion. Take care have a great day.

First off I just have to say I love sarcastic topics like this.

Secondly to get back onto the original ninja topic about being "modded" the only time I have been is when I stated that the mod was wrong for something, as in factually wrong. Instantly had my post deleted, yet the mod kept his wrong post up unedited. The joys of the intrawebs.

This got bumped? Oh, by someone's alt.

[quote name='UncleBob']Yup.[/QUOTE]

That's parsing at best. I never said I have no idea what's going on; I questioned your intent and you pulled select portions of sentences out of context. You're either stupid enough that you don't understand the difference or you're just plain slimey enough that you thought it would fly. Which is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You threw out two different scenarios (the fact that neither one of which was applicable to the situation and you couldn't even decide which one you thought it was obviously shows you have no idea what's going on) then told me I couldn't deny "that" by saying that I never said "that". Am I supposed to attempt to defend every fake position you prop me up behind?

bread's done
Back