Obamacare architect calls Americans too stupid?

Simple enough so as to be a statement that nobody can reasonably disagree with, correct. :)

Obama urging Congress to get a bill on his desk or he'll take EA dates back to at least the middle of this year (6 months is not very long in the modern political era, but it's ample time to get a bill done if Congress is serious). He's making good on his promise, which is more than I can say for Congress (who has paid lip service for years (decades?) to getting immigration reform done, but done nothing of the sort). Obama has also made it crystal clear, time and time again, that the moment he gets a bill on his desk from Congress, he'll sign it and it will supercede the EA he's preparing.

So I suppose it comes down to who you think is bluffing. Congressional Republicans have made HUGE political gains from obstructing governance the last few years - they do nothing, Obama and Democrats take the heat, and they regain power. If you think that's going to change before 2016 - egofed, I have not been around in awhile, I know you're smarter than that. Republicans can't do anything about immigration because (a) doing so will alienate the nonwhite base they desperately need to attract to remain relevant in the coming decades and (b) will placate the rabble-rousing white masses (what's to be outraged about anymore).

Immigration reform is one of the Republicans' wheelhouse carrots to dangle in front of voters to get them to polls. That they've done nothing thus far (when they sure could have in the mid-Bush administration, when they could have under Clinton circa the 1994 Newt Gingrich Contract With America) says volumes to me.

Trusting Republicans with immigration is trusting Lucy will hold the football for Charlie Brown this time.
Why don't we just enforce the laws that are already passed? There is a legal path to citizenship already. There is a substantial waiting list. Why reward criminals with a cut in line? Do you feel we should secure the border?

The immigration Executive Action ensures that the "undocumented workers" are not confined by the Obamacare rules. This makes them highly desirable for hiring as they do not require insurance coverage. Way to make American workers less likely to get a job. Unintended consequences of gov't meddling and incompetence strike again.

Why don't we just enforce the laws that are already passed? There is a legal path to citizenship already. There is a substantial waiting list. Why reward criminals with a cut in line? Do you feel we should secure the border?

The immigration Executive Action ensures that the "undocumented workers" are not confined by the Obamacare rules. This makes them highly desirable for hiring as they do not require insurance coverage. Way to make American workers less likely to get a job. Unintended consequences of gov't meddling and incompetence strike again.
But if we just let them in as long as they vote Communist, then the Democrats will remain in a better position to have government control because they will be shipping motherfuckers from Uraguay to vote for them.

Today's Fresh Air has a guest who I think owns Court TV, but talked in detail about his quest to find out why his hospital bill was so big. In his research and interviewing, he admitted that Obamacare sucks because it's even more conservative than Romneycare. The insurance company may be scummy, but the hospitals and especially the companies supplying them with equipment and drugs are enjoying huge profits. The ACA wasn't really going to do anything about curbing health care costs, and whether or not we had it or not, it was designed to do one thing well, help health care job creators. Politicians love job creators, and why should we Americans be angry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back