OBLIVION Collectors edition or NOT

frank21_1981

CAGiversary!
is there any difference between the collectors edition and the regular edition that I should know about before I purchase? thanks for your help

gamewise, no difference. The box for the Collectors Edition is different and contains an extra bonus making of disc (not that good) and a guide to the land mini book and a coin. If you're a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series, it's worth it. If you just want to play the game, it's not.

I have the CE and while the extras are nice, they aren't necessary. If you aren't interested in the lore behind the game universe or the behind-the-scenes stuff, go for the regular edition.

[quote name='Tarsus']I have the CE and while the extras are nice, they aren't necessary. If you aren't interested in the lore behind the game universe or the behind-the-scenes stuff, go for the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to say.

[quote name='itspaidgasterblaster']I will get flamed for this, but I bought the game and did not like it at all. I thought the game was slow and boring.[/QUOTE]

Since people are making statements that have nothing to do with the OP's question, I will join in the fun: I like eggs.

PS - I went with the regular edition.

I like the content of the CE but would have rather they just used a 2-disc 360 case or two seperate cases with the box slipcover they use now. Like someone else said the CE the way it is with four fold-out things is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Sometimes a collectors edition is worth it, and I went for the limited edition since it's a game I'm obviously going to spend alot of time with. It didn't hurt I paid 54 dollars for the LE and the strategy guide. Oh and people complaining about it being a hassle to open the case is either lazy or dumb. Ever see a multiple disc DVD set? Well it's just like one.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Sometimes a collectors edition is worth it, and I went for the limited edition since it's a game I'm obviously going to spend alot of time with. It didn't hurt I paid 54 dollars for the LE and the strategy guide. Oh and people complaining about it being a hassle to open the case is either lazy or dumb. Ever see a multiple disc DVD set? Well it's just like one.[/quote]
captainobviousry1.jpg

I unknowingly got the Ce edition, and havent opened my 360 or the oblivion yet, but it looks to be worth it. I have a thing for coins, so that's oretty cool.

Anyone know what it's made out of?

I went to BB last week to buy the CE of Oblivion and when they rang it up, it came up as the regular version. This may be YMMV but I think this may be universal as the CE isn't their store system. If you check their website, it says that the CE is available only through online.

i have a regular version i just dont play if anyone wants it....im selling for $40 shipped via paypal. i have ebay feedback, plus other forum feedback...let me know.

You're better off getting the regular edition, then using the extra $10 to get MS points to buy some of the DLC.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I went to BB last week to buy the CE of Oblivion and when they rang it up, it came up as the regular version. This may be YMMV but I think this may be universal as the CE isn't their store system. If you check their website, it says that the CE is available only through online.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I just picked up the CE at Best Buy for $59.99.

Purchased it at a BBuy in NJ today. took up a $5 coupon blank gift card and the Collectors Edition. they had them on the shelf with no price all locked up. looks like more crime in this area. all the 360 games were locked up at Sams club here as well (near Newark, NJ).

oh well told the guy at the register do I have to put a $1 on the card to just use it for the $5 coupon. he figured out how much the game would cost after the rebate and had me put that amount on the gift card. then he turned around and rang up the game and used the coupon and paid off with the gift card I just purchased!

it was sweet.. oh yeah it rang up at $59.99 not $69.99 for the Collectors Version of Oblivion :) minus the $5 off ...

[quote name='Graystone']I say go with the normal editin and save the extra $10 to buy the downloadable content from the marketplace for that game.[/quote]

For what, horse armor?

Buy the CE version.

bread's done
Back