Oblivion delayed til 2006

Nice of them to wait until we were less than a month from launch... Happy Halloween, eh? First Zelda, now this! Not much to look forward to this Holiday Season I suppose. The rest of the 360 launch lineup looks pretty patchy at best, IMHO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ala Darth Vader from SWIII: Revenge of the Sith).

Guess I won't be picking up the 360 now. Nothing I actually want comes out for it. This sucks...oh well, it's Bethesda and they're probably just trying to make the game better so I should stop my moaning.

"A delayed game may eventually be good, but a bad game is bad forever"- Shigeru Miyamoto

On a game that so many people are waiting on to be so good that's been in development so long a little wait may turn out to be best in the end.

That sucks... no way I'm plopping down $60 + tax for a Tony Hawk game, or some crappy third-party sports/movie game. The only game I'm interested now is Kameo, and Rare's been super hit or miss lately.

Wow. That's probably the only game I want from launch. Now, either I cancel my pre-order, or maybe I just won't pick up any games at launch.

Well, since I have no idea when I'll get my free 360 from Gratis, this comes not necessarily as good news, but it loosens my already stress-addled nerves just a little bit.

After all, no need to anticipate the unknown (when I'll get the goddamned console), when I can reasonably wait until next year.

Oh well, there are still plenty of games that I'm interested in that are coming out soon. Looks like I'll actually get the time to play through the other X360 games before Oblivian takes over the system.

Why are you all bitching? This will make for a better game. They're going to have like 3 extra months to iron out bugs. 3 months in game development is a lot! In the end, the consumer will be the winner.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Why are you all bitching? This will make for a better game. They're going to have like 3 extra months to iron out bugs. 3 months in game development is a lot! In the end, the consumer will be the winner.[/QUOTE]

Not consumers that want to play good games on their launch XBOX 360.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Why are you all bitching? This will make for a better game. They're going to have like 3 extra months to iron out bugs. 3 months in game development is a lot! In the end, the consumer will be the winner.[/QUOTE]

Because they could simply scale down the game, release it now then release more later in expansion packs. I bet no matter how long Bethesda takes the first version out will still have glitches.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Because they could simply scale down the game, release it now then release more later in expansion packs. I bet no matter how long Bethesda takes the first version out will still have glitches.[/QUOTE]

You've played Morrowind, I see.

or Pirates of the Caribbean.

EDIT: or Morrowind: GOTY.

;)

I bet they are still have trouble with the Minotaur beating the shit out of the Unicorn. Or now its going buck wild riding the Unicorn and reigning death to every city it visits.

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad some of these games are getting delayed. It actually means that the X360 will have a steady stream of games coming out for a while. The main problem with the DS and PSP launches were that they had a lot of games at launch and then nothing for a long time. The 360 titles are getting more spread out now, so it's going to be easier to constantly be able to get new releases that are worth playing for a while.

I like it how people are saying they are going to cancel their pre-orders. "Yea I could sell it on ebay for 2X it's worth but nah..." Use you cheap ass senses people.

[quote name='tearofangst']ugh the delay has nothing to do with the quality of the game apparently....check this article

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=7020

enjoy jumping to conclusions much?[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how that article says that it's not due to the quality of the game. It's basically the same article that was summarized in the original IGN article that was posted. Both articles just say that the game has been delayed until next year.

it can be for financial reasons is my point. There is no official reason for the delay, hence there is no reason to think it's all bugs and such. And for some reason I haven't heard anything about the PC version being delayed...

[quote name='tearofangst']it can be for financial reasons is my point. There is no official reason for the delay, hence there is no reason to think it's all bugs and such. And for some reason I haven't heard anything about the PC version being delayed...[/QUOTE]

Well, the IGN article you posted mentions both PC and Xbox versions. And a game delayed 2-4 months is most likely due to some quality issues. They have always stated that they were still trying to get some stuff working correctly, so I think the natural assumption is that they still are working on those things.

O I hope this doesn't happen like it did with Ubisoft. When they pushed back Rainbow Six: Lockdown to boast sales later in the year. We all know how that game turned out.

[quote name='pimpinc333']O I hope this doesn't happen like it did with Ubisoft. When they pushed back Rainbow Six: Lockdown to boast sales later in the year. We all know how that game turned out.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think TakeTwo pushed this game back due to financial reasons. Getting this out at Xbox launch and before Christmas would have ensured a much higher initial sale rate of the game. You do not push a game into the February range unless there is something that needs to be worked on.

[quote name='shipwreck']I really don't think TakeTwo pushed this game back due to financial reasons. Getting this out at Xbox launch and before Christmas would have ensured a much higher initial sale rate of the game. .[/QUOTE]

Espically since this was the one game many people were actually buying an Xbox 360 for... I'd have to say it was in the top 3 of most anticipated titles, it would make no sense to delay it other then something was severly broken.

Props to Bethesda for not rushing it out like that, because they know even WITH some kind of game breaking bug they would still get sales.

People this is the "Launch Window"! Theres actually gonna be no games available at launch. You just have your nice new Xbox 360 to drool over and Microsoft thinks thats good enough. :)

[quote name='H-Town Info']what next? project gotham 3 delayed til 2006.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Soon the Xbox 360 launch will be nothing more then upgraded Xbox games + Kameo.

I knew this was going to get delayed, I had a feeling. Thats why i canceled my preorder on this last week. Hopefully this will be for the better.

[quote name='Roufuss']I just wish Microsoft would release a launch list already...[/QUOTE]
They will.

If it's written in pencil.

[quote name='mykevermin']You've played Morrowind, I see.

or Pirates of the Caribbean.

EDIT: or Morrowind: GOTY.

;)[/QUOTE]

Morrowind, PC plus expansion packs. I had a few friends with the original xbox version that had a few problems with glitches (ie getting locked in a room, main characters dissapearing, etc)

Wow M$ knows how to throw a rousing launch. At this rate the launch lineup will be released on a slip of paper inserted into every Xbox 360 console box. It will read "Enjoy your new $400 paperweight" attached will be a picture of bill gates hairy ass mooning you.

I have a stupid hypothetical.

Would this game have been delayed if every 360 had a HDD? I know I'm stretching here but are they fixing that much that couldn't have been downloaded?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I have a stupid hypothetical.

Would this game have been delayed if every 360 had a HDD? I know I'm stretching here but are they fixing that much that couldn't have been downloaded?[/QUOTE]

I seriously think your on to something. I am thinking towards this now also. But im still think about the minotaur also. :)

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I have a stupid hypothetical.

Would this game have been delayed if every 360 had a HDD? I know I'm stretching here but are they fixing that much that couldn't have been downloaded?[/QUOTE]
Sounds reasonable.

bread's done
Back