Oblivion PC ebay auction + advise needed for FF7, MGS (ps1) Zelda gold cartridge (N64

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
My ebay oblivion auction PC - superb condition

I am selling this becuase I ordered a xbox360 collector edition via outpost.com (THANK U CAG!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8273864091&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

My first time selling on ebay... so no feedback... please.. bid with confidence.... (lol what else can I say)

As for FFVII, original MGS and collector edition N64 Zelda ocarina of time :

I did some research on ebay, some seems to end at high price, some don't... any Cag had experience selling these? These 3 items are in excellent condition, I can almost shrink wrap them back and lie about them being brand new. Anyways, any CAG had auction for these? (especially the zelda, it doesn't seem to be worth much on ebay?)

If you are worried about a wide spectrum of closing values, the best way to protect yourself from that IMO is to do a fixed price listing. You may need 10 FB before you can do those however.

Other option is to start your min bid high, but I find it's better to either go really low with an opening bid on a straight auction or just do a fixed price. My 2 cents.

Are you looking for any feedback on your current listing?

Thank you so much for the fast response Wubb. Yeah sure if you have any feedback on my current one. I didn't have much time to add picture, etc. So I did a straight ebay stock photo. Also I am not sure what wording I should be using since I have never sold anything on ebay before. Only thing I can remember is to put no refund or exchange since I am afraid someone would buy it, played it and claim my games don't work or something just to send my game back.

Online selling... so complicated.. sigh.

Just a warning - no real photo + not accepting returns/exhcanges + being a new user might have a negative impact on your final value

[quote name='joevan']Just a warning - no real photo + not accepting returns/exhcanges + being a new user might have a negative impact on your final value[/QUOTE]

Should I modify the listing then? I mean I still woudln't want to change the refund thing... I know It's a perfect working game in almost brand new condition, i would hate to meet those online asses that return the game if they found a way to dupe it or simply don't like the game. As for shipping damage I know I should cover that, but I am not worried at all......Stuff is guaranteed to arrive safely since where I work I can easily obtain those good packaging materials. Do you guys offer exchange and refund on ebay mostly?

[quote name='pinkkirby']Should I modify the listing then? I mean I still woudln't want to change the refund thing... I know It's a perfect working game in almost brand new condition, i would hate to meet those online asses that return the game if they found a way to dupe it or simply don't like the game. As for shipping damage I know I should cover that, but I am not worried at all......Stuff is guaranteed to arrive safely since where I work I can easily obtain those good packaging materials. Do you guys offer exchange and refund on ebay mostly?[/QUOTE]

I've been selling on eBay for 7 years and have never offered return/exchange. I didn't even know it was an option until recently (they added it at some point when I wasn't looking :D). It has never caused me any problems.

The best things to help you sell are clear descriptions, cheap shipping, good feedback, and real photos. You can't control some of these things but, except for the picture, your listing is pretty good. I think your description (saying it didn't work on your computer and you got the Xbox360 one instead) is actually helpful for you being a 1 feedback seller. People will think they can get a good deal off your "mistake", plus it legitimizes your auction (ie, you aren't some sort of scammer - of course, you could be making that all up, but I'm going to assume not :D).

The only other comment I have is to include what type of shipping you will be doing. Many buyers want to know if it will come 1st class, priority, UPS, whatever. I always think when I see "standard flat rate shipping" that someone will send it via media mail or something. I offer 1st class and priority options in my auctions, with insurance as an option as well. I put the standard BS exclaimer that I am not responsible for damage if no insurance. I know this doesn't cut it with PayPal chargebacks, but it scares a sizeable portion of the buyers into getting the insurance, which is good. And if you are able to package it well with lots of bubble wrap/peanuts, whatever, then SAY that in the auction! It also reassures the buyer if you say their $50 game will be well-protected during shipping, whether they paid for insurance or not.

I would also give an upper limit for how long it will take to ship - ie "I will ship within 2 days of receipt of payment". Many of these things are just to reassure buyers and keep them from nagging you with questions (though they will do so anyway much of the time :D).

And like I said, pictures are fairly important, especially on higher priced items. But in this case, it might not be SO important as the buyer can expect a like new copy of the game with all it came with originally. It wouldn't hurt to have laid out all the manuals, reg card, etc on a table with the game and taken a group photo though - again, just reassurance. If nothing else, it shows you actually put the time in and have the item. The only upgrade I ever pay for is the gallery fee (and I make a smaller version of my photo for it) so that your actual picture shows up in the search page for that game - I think your real photo there stands out against all the stock photo listings (and of course those with NO gallery photo). But I only do this on higher priced items and when many others are currently listed (Oblivion probably falls under that category).

Specifying what type of shipping (as io mentioned) was going to be my main suggestion. Also your payment details has a minor typo (although it kind of works as written) You should probably say Winning bidder not Winner bidder. But overall it's an excellent listing IMO. Both are nit picks really.

Pictures are important but for a standard item like a DVD or video game everyone knows what they are getting. Still a pic shows that your stuff isn't jacked up. I do try to get a real pic for everything I list FWIW.

IMO long detailed descriptions for standard stuff like this are a waste of time. It's not a basket or shirt that you really need to describe it's the same Elder Scrolls game available everywhere. But opinions will vary on that. By all means try nice descriptions at first and see if they make a difference for you or not. When I sold my first couple games I created long ass descriptions detaling the game's features/etc. and it didn't seem to make a bit of difference in the final price so I quickly dumped doing that. What you have now (a personal story about why you are selling) might interest a buyer or two, I'd probably skip it, but I don't think it hurts anything at all.

io - He already says he'll ship next business day after payment, so that's covered.

I pretty much agree with what io has, too.

As for refunds. I have no policy on my listings, but if the buyer contacts me in good faith I generally offer a full refund (including their original S+H but not their return S+H.) once they send it back and/or a partial refund if I'm feeling creative and think it might work for both of us. I just refunded a lady for an Xbox game a week ago actually. Selling on eBay is a hobby for me and I'd rather err on the side of being great to my buyers and keep everyone happy. Refunding $10-20 isn't going to break me :mrgreen:

[quote name='wubb']
io - He already says he'll ship next business day after payment, so that's covered.

I pretty much agree with what io has, too.

[/QUOTE]

D'oh... But it is in the shipping info at the bottom and I NEVER look there (don't think many buyers do either). I would put it in the auction description itself, as well. Again, this, like the refund policy section, is new since I started on ebay :D.

Thank you Wubb and io for the long list of suggestions...

I packed it already today (figured someone HAS to buy it!)

ShrinkWrapped then bubble wrapped it, and put it into some brown box.... I guess unless the delivery truck explode this game should arrive in good condition...

bread's done
Back